Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Firearms experts who say; ?I can't do it so it can't be done?, cannot be trusted  (Read 27359 times)

Offline Ross Lidell

Advertisement
Of course, we never know whether a person is really trying to do something well.   But the fact remains that there is scant record of people being able to duplicate the feat with ease.

Not enough facts to eliminate the possibility that Oswald made the shots. Too generalized to merit any serious consideration.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 12:43:11 AM by Ross Lidell »

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Ross Lidell

Conveniently ignored [and probably wasn't even read] is this bit in that thread. Now, let's just start another thread and single out Jesse Ventura as a fake and Ross Lidell has all his back slapping BFFs attaboys...wannabe experts with their thumbs up. I wonder if any of you guys ever fired a rifle. I have my doubts.
 ***Just like Mr Ventura experienced in that video.

Are you saying Jesse Ventura is not "a fake"?

Why didn't Governor Ventura make another attempt to achieve the shooting sequence faster?

Ventura "probably" knew that other shooters have fired a sequence of shots with a Carcano rifle much faster.

I like Jess: He's funny. However... a lot of what he says (and does) should be taken with a grain of salt.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 12:44:05 AM by Ross Lidell »

Offline Ross Lidell

Maybe you should read what you typed. Enough with the philosophical bs.

"no physical evidence of another assassination weapon exists"?

Sure, you are exactly wrong.
Help me understand the difference between finding a Mauser and finding a Mannilicher Carcano.
Actually, let me help you...it does not start after the first 2 letters or after 36 hrs.
It's amazing what a person would have to believe to say something is possible and then pass it off to others as probable.

An incorrect identification of a rifle (the 6th floor TSBD  assassination weapon) without examining it is not evidence of a second rifle. Seymour Weitzman is on the record as saying: "I made a mistake but it was an honest mistake". 

There is no evidence (physical or circumstantial) of a second weapon in the assassination of John F. Kennedy. If you think there is: Name the individual who removed a Mauser rifle from the TSBD; date and time as well.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 12:44:56 AM by Ross Lidell »

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Ross Lidell

Amen!!

Walt,
You're confirming that JFK "conspiracytheoryium" is a religion.

Offline Ross Lidell

Then you have a bizarre concept of what constitutes "probable".

To a believer in the WC myth, anything is possible.  Lucky shots, magic bullets, moving back wounds, disappearing bags, disappearing initials, reappearing palmprints, "mistaken" witnesses.  Whatever it takes.

There's a lot of misinformation in those statements, John.

Looking at your new avatar, I'm assuming you will say: "The devil made me do it".

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Jerry Freeman

Why didn't Governor Ventura make another attempt to achieve the shooting sequence faster? Ventura "probably" knew that other shooters have fired a sequence of shots with a Carcano rifle much faster.
Still ignored are the recorded statements of the US Army marksmen who testified that the weapon that was found... was in summary --a seriously unreliable piece of crap.  Therefor this thread should not even be------------------
taken with a grain of salt.
  That would be too much salt. Upon what do you base Oswald's supposed 'skill' as a competent shooter?

Offline Ross Lidell

Still ignored are the recorded statements of the US Army marksmen who testified that the weapon that was found... was in summary --a seriously unreliable piece of crap.  Therefor this thread should not even be------------------  That would be too much salt. Upon what do you base Oswald's supposed 'skill' as a competent shooter?

So the US Army marksman offered an "opinion" that the rifle (C2766) was "a seriously unreliable piece of crap". That opinion would be more credible if it was accompanied by a detailed explanation. That it was not, renders it of no merit.

Basis of Oswald's skill as a competent shooter: Training and assessment of marksmanship ability while in the US Marine Corp. Oswald attained the status of "Sharpshooter".

Prove to me that it is not possible for an unskilled, incompetent shooter to achieve a fluke hit (twice) on a moving target at close range?

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Jerry Freeman

So the US Army marksman offered an "opinion" that the rifle (C2766) was "a seriously unreliable piece of crap". That opinion would be more credible if it was accompanied by a detailed explanation. That it was not, renders it of no merit.
Basis of Oswald's skill as a competent shooter: Training and assessment of marksmanship ability while in the US Marine Corp. Oswald attained the status of "Sharpshooter".
Prove to me that it is not possible for an unskilled, incompetent shooter to achieve a fluke hit (twice) on a moving target at close range?
So an opinion validating a lone assassin is merited..but one that doesn't is not? OK :-\  A typical ODIA viewpoint.
It was four years before the assassination that the sharpshooter qualification was attained and it was made at a fixed target with a vastly superior weapon. I'm supposed to prove that someone's little sister could have pulled off that event? That is making it sound like a shooting gallery at some carnival.