Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Firearms experts who say; ?I can't do it so it can't be done?, cannot be trusted  (Read 27226 times)

Offline Jack Trojan

Advertisement
The show I am talking about is the 2003 Discovery Channel program:
     Unsolved History - JFK Conspiracy

The firing tests I am talking about are shown during: 10:00 ? 18:00

Now, there were some problems. Yardley, unlike Oswald, did not have weeks to practice with the bolt of the rifle, to practice working it smoothly. So, in about half his tests, the rifle jammed at some point.

But in about half the tests, he got off all three shots. And all the shots he successfully fired, hit the target.

So basically, we are seeing Yardley succeed when Hathcock and the best shooters at Quantico (allegedly, according the Roberts) could not come close to doing. Hitting a moving target with a Carcano rifle with at least two of their three shots. No one could do this.

Buy Robert?s story and I have a bridge to sell you.

Question:

Is any poster here willing to step up and say that they believe Robert?s story about Hathcock? Yes or No.

Why was Yardley using the scope, which he obviously had enough practice to sight in? Otherwise, what a waste of time and money. And did he dust the rifle for his prints afterwards, and found none?

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Peter Kleinschmidt

The show I am talking about is the 2003 Discovery Channel program:
     Unsolved History - JFK Conspiracy

The firing tests I am talking about are shown during: 10:00 ? 18:00

Now, there were some problems. Yardley, unlike Oswald, did not have weeks to practice with the bolt of the rifle, to practice working it smoothly. So, in about half his tests, the rifle jammed at some point.

But in about half the tests, he got off all three shots. And all the shots he successfully fired, hit the target.

So basically, we are seeing Yardley succeed when Hathcock and the best shooters at Quantico (allegedly, according the Roberts) could not come close to doing. Hitting a moving target with a Carcano rifle with at least two of their three shots. No one could do this.

Buy Robert?s story and I have a bridge to sell you.

Question:

Is any poster here willing to step up and say that they believe Robert?s story about Hathcock? Yes or No.

Are you serious?

Lone nut believers always show their stupidity when they present videos that contain at least one of the following.

-People from the Discovery Channel
-People from National Geographic
-or even worse Gary "I change my mind more than a woman" Mack

"unlike Oswald, did not have weeks to practice with the bolt of the rifle, to practice working it smoothly."

You can't even prove that Oswald shot a gun that day.
What makes you think someone practiced? So if someone shot from a window they must have practiced from that window, assuming it was a window and assuming it was that window.
Your cousin Gary "I change my mind more than a woman"Mack even says the WC changes the amount of time for the shots to be fired,
yet these idiots create randoms situations blowing up any possible scenarios that may or may not have taken place

Online John Iacoletti

What?s your evidence that Oswald practiced working the bolt of any rifle for weeks?

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Joe Elliott

What?s your evidence that Oswald practiced working the bolt of any rifle for weeks?
Oswald had weeks of opportunity to practice working the bolt.

In the testimony of Mrs. Oswald:
http://jfkassassination.net/russ/testimony/oswald_m1.htm
we learn that he did at least have some practice working the bolt of the rifle.

And even if he had no more practice than Michael Yardley, he should have about a 50-50 chance of getting off 3 shots. Yardley attempted firing 3 shots in quick session 7 times. This should result in 21 shots. Instead he only got off 16 shots. As I recall he got off all 3 shots about half the time, while sometimes only able to fire just one or two shots.

Every time he got off a shot, he hit the target. Indicating that accurately aiming the rifle at a moving target at under 100 yards was not too difficult.

Online John Iacoletti

In the testimony of Mrs. Oswald:
http://jfkassassination.net/russ/testimony/oswald_m1.htm
we learn that he did at least have some practice working the bolt of the rifle.

I suggest you read it again.

And even if he had no more practice than Michael Yardley, he should have about a 50-50 chance of getting off 3 shots. Yardley attempted firing 3 shots in quick session 7 times.

Are you suggesting that Oswald?s skills were comparable to Yardley?s?

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Joe Elliott

Why was Yardley using the scope, which he obviously had enough practice to sight in? Otherwise, what a waste of time and money.

Yardley was using the scope. I would prefer tests where half the time he used a scope and half the time he didn?t.

In the following article we learn:

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/jfkinfo/jfk8/mc.htm

we learn that riflemen with only a few minutes of practice working the bolt was able to use the Carcano iron sights were able to firing rapidly at targets of various distances of 143, 165 and 266 feet, even with very tight timing of only 5 seconds and even under 4 seconds. Of course, between z153 and z312, Oswald had 8.8 seconds.

In any case, testing the scope is not ?worthless? because, for all we know, the scope may have been used by Oswald. We don?t know if the scope was aligned properly or not because it was removed to check for fingerprints (and Oswald?s fingerprints were found) on the evening after the assassination. I believe it probably was not. But I could be mistaken on this point. Nobody knows.

And did he dust the rifle for his prints afterwards, and found none?
The Dallas Police Department found Oswald?s fingerprints on the rifle when they took off the scope and dusted the rifle the evening after the assassination.

The FBI was not able to find any fingerprints when they tried to lift fingerprints later. This is not surprising because one cannot continue to lift fingerprints time after time again and always find more fingerprints. After one or two such ?lifting?, subsequent lifting attempts will always fail.