Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Firearms experts who say; ?I can't do it so it can't be done?, cannot be trusted  (Read 27198 times)

Offline Ray Mitcham

Advertisement
His name is not important to me. Nor should it be important to anyone else. A lair is still a liar.

Questions:

What evidence, beyond the ?word? of Craig Roberts, that Carlos Hathcock ever set up a test to see if the shooting by Oswald on November 22 was feasible?

None. However are you calling Craig Roberts a liar?

What evidence, beyond the ?word? of Craig Roberts, that Carlos Hathcock ever claimed he set up a test to see if the shooting by Oswald on November 22 was feasible?

Once again. None. And once again you appear to be calling Craig Roberts a liar.

A strange attitude towards a man who retired at the rank of lieutenant colonel in the Army Reserve.
Who was  a highly decorated combat veteran, and holds four medals from the police department including the Tulsa Police Department's second highest award, the Medal of Valor, and who is the author of The Medusa File: Crimes and Coverups of the US Government, Kill Zone: A Sniper Looks at Dealey Plaza, and One Shot--One Kill: America's Combat Snipers among others.

Seems he is a liar because he doesn't agree with your opinion.

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Joe Elliott

None. However are you calling Craig Roberts a liar? Once again. None. And once again you appear to be calling Craig Roberts a liar.

A strange attitude towards a man who retired at the rank of lieutenant colonel in the Army Reserve.
Who was  a highly decorated combat veteran, and holds four medals from the police department including the Tulsa Police Department's second highest award, the Medal of Valor, and who is the author of The Medusa File: Crimes and Coverups of the US Government, Kill Zone: A Sniper Looks at Dealey Plaza, and One Shot--One Kill: America's Combat Snipers among others.

Seems he is a liar because he doesn't agree with your opinion.
Craig Roberts is not a liar because he doesn?t agree with my opinion. Craig Roberts is a liar because if what he said was true, we would have heard directly from Carlos Hathcock that these shots could not have been made. We would have heard from known associates of Carlos Hathcock that they witness these firing tests. That they themselves tried the shots and could not make them. Neither could anyone else. But the only one who knows of these firing tests is Craig Roberts. Not any of the known fellow Marines of Hathcock.

And Michael Yardley would not have been able to hit a melon size target 16 times in 16 shots using a Carcano rifle.

. . .
Who was  a highly decorated combat veteran . . .

Bill Burkett was a retired lieutenant colonel in the Air Force Reserve. And while I am no big fan of George W. Bush, Burkett was clearly a liar and a forger.
Hitler was a highly decorated combat veteran.
There is nothing about high rank or being a highly decorated combat veteran that precludes one from being a liar.

All that is germane is that Hathcock never spoke to anyone else about these firing tests, that none of the many other highly skilled Marines participants or witnesses these firing tests never spoke of them.
And Michael Yardley, with far less rifle experience than Hathcock or any other skilled Marine, was able to succeed in such tests. Indeed, wasn?t just able to hit 2 of 3 shots, as Oswald did, but never missed any of the shots.
Clearly, the logical conclusion is NOT that Michael Yardley, a relative novice with rifles, is far more skilled with a rifle than Hathcock or any other Marine.
The logical conclusion is that Craig Roberts was lying.

Offline Ray Mitcham

Craig Roberts is not a liar because he doesn?t agree with my opinion. Craig Roberts is a liar because if what he said was true, we would have heard directly from Carlos Hathcock that these shots could not have been made. We would have heard from known associates of Carlos Hathcock that they witness these firing tests.

Non sequitur. Because you haven't heard directly from Carlos Hathcock, he didn't do it. Typical silly argument from a Commission supporter.

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Bill Chapman

Oswald didn't have to be as good a shooter as any of these guys.

Just luckier.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 04:14:02 PM by Bill Chapman »

Offline Walt Cakebread

Oswald didn't have to be as good a shooter as any of these guys.

Just luckier.

What a stupid retort...   Now you're proposing that President Kennedy was murdered by pure chance....  like a lightning strike killing a golfer on the golf course.

If there had been shots fired from that sixth floor window the shooter would have to have been well trained at firing down grade through foliage....And he could not have been firing that cranky old carcano.

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Bill Chapman

What a stupid retort...   Now you're proposing that President Kennedy was murdered by pure chance....  like a lightning strike killing a golfer on the golf course.

If there had been shots fired from that sixth floor window the shooter would have to have been well trained at firing down grade through foliage....And he could not have been firing that cranky old carcano.

You lot simply can't handle the fact that a David can destroy a Goliath

Offline Joe Elliott

Non sequitur. Because you haven't heard directly from Carlos Hathcock, he didn't do it. Typical silly argument from a Commission supporter.
We wouldn?t necessarily have heard from Carlos Hathcock but we would have heard from someone.

Here is Craig Roberts quote about what Carlos Hathcock allegedly said to him:

"Let me tell you what we did at Quantico. We reconstructed the whole thing: the angle, the range, the moving target, the time limit, the obstacles, everything. I don't know how many times we tried it, but we couldn't duplicate what the Warren Commission said Oswald did".

So Hathcock and other Marines tried to recreate these shots. I am certain that many Marines would have wanted a crack at this test to see if they could do what Hathcock couldn?t. The story of these tests would have spread through Quantico like wildfire. Many more would have witnessed these tests.

But Hathcock never talks of this story, except to Craig Roberts.
The other Maines who tried to recreate the shots never talked about it to anyone.
The many more Marines who witness theses firing tests never spoke about it to anyone.

Unbelievable.

And yet, there are people out there who accept what Craig Roberts has told them. Without questioning it at all. Unbelievable.

Plus, what Craig Roberts said is unbelievable. The best Marine shooters in the world could not have equaled Oswald?s feat with these 3 shots? Miss the target by two inches with one shot. Miss the target by 8 inches with another shot. And miss the target by as much as they like with the third. None could match this with a Carcano rifle? I saw a program on the Discovery Channel were Michael Yardley, who was not even an expert with a rifle, let alone a Carcano rifle, recreated the shots. In 16 shots at the moving target with a Carcano rifle he hit the target, the size of a melon, all 16 times. But the best Marine rifle experts could not hit such a target, all at ranges of under one hundred yards? Not even once. Really?

If I told a tale that Craig Roberts once told me that he and a battalion of Marines once captured a Bigfoot in a trap. Then, after getting ready with their rifles they released the Bigfoot and tried to shoot it as it ran away but they all failed. The Bigfoot was too quick and allusive for them. After 10 seconds he disappeared into the deep woods.

But Craig Roberts never told this story to anyone else but me. None of the Marines who fired at the Bigfoot ever told this story to anyone. None of the Marines who witnessed this ever told this story to anyone. I?m the only one this story has ever been passed down to.

One would hope that one can figure out that there is a high probability that a story like this is a lie. But some people just do not have very good reasoning abilities.

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Jerry Freeman

You lot simply can't handle the fact that a David can destroy a Goliath
WTF is that supposed to mean? Forgot to take your medications today?
Oswald didn't have to be as good a shooter as any of these guys. Just luckier.
Where to practice luck? I'd like to know. Troll on...The Chapman Express >>>>>>>