Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: How I think the JFK assassination debate can be settled.  (Read 4176 times)

Offline Tom Scully

Re: How I think the JFK assassination debate can be settled.
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2019, 12:51:49 AM »
Advertisement
The standard childish response from Walt. 80 years old and getting worse. Your decline in cognitive response is picking up speed and being replaced more and more by your fanatical fabrications.
You mean like what is happening to the retired Arkansas SP Investigator
character I have a high opinion of in this season?s HBO series, True Detectives?
... and Walt, thanks for setting me straight on when the FBI
began the technical surveillance on Marina. All this time I thought
Rankin and Hoover were just jealous of Marina being a candidate
for a Presidential Medal for single handedly keeping former VP Nixon
out of harm?s way during an alleged Nixon visit to Dallas.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 12:52:37 AM by Tom Scully »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2019, 12:51:49 AM »

Online Steve Howsley

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2019, 12:58:14 AM »
Guys...it's way simpler than you think. Just get Marina to testify. Hold her to the point. It's really very simple. And....she really has nothing to lose!

And if she repeats what she has always said what then? She gets to be called a l-i-a-r all over again? Why would she agree to that?

Your OP sounds like you want authorities to force a confession out of her. Do you think that's a way forward?

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2019, 09:30:31 PM »
Even if the BYPs are authentic, what exactly do they prove?  That Oswald once held a rifle that may or may not be the same rifle that may or may not have fired the shot that killed Kennedy?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2019, 09:30:31 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2019, 09:44:47 PM »
Even if the BYPs are authentic, what exactly do they prove?  That Oswald once held a rifle that may or may not be the same rifle that may or may not have fired the shot that killed Kennedy?

The BY photos prove that there was a naive nut creating photos.....Photos like a carnival photo that are outrageously fake...  Fake in the sense that they attempt to deceive the viewer into believing something that isn't true.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 03:27:55 PM by Walt Cakebread »

Offline Rob Caprio

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2019, 10:47:00 PM »
There is NO debate regarding the JFK assassination as that was decided long ago. It was a conspiracy.

The only thing the LNers "debate" are suppositions, false assertions, biased opinions, character assassination and personal attacks.

There is NO real debate of the evidence as there is NONE that supports the WC's claims.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2019, 10:47:00 PM »

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2019, 08:22:49 AM »
There is NO debate regarding the JFK assassination as that was decided long ago. It was a conspiracy.

The only thing the LNers "debate" are suppositions, false assertions, biased opinions, character assassination and personal attacks.

There is NO real debate of the evidence as there is NONE that supports the WC's claims.

Why is nearly everyone, it seems, for 55 years, including the author of this thread, so FOS?

From Jim Hargrove's fan website:
And it was Roscoe who could easily have added a backyard photo or film negatives to the evidence collected by the Dallas Police on the afternoon of November 22. And Roscoe may have been the unknown police officer who gave the photo to Life Magazine. After Roscoe's death, his wife found another backyard photo among his possessions. And in 1991 the Dallas Police found additional backyard photos in their files. These photos are another "smoking gun" and were created for the purpose of placing a rifle in Oswald's hands. They are further proof that Oswald was being set up as the "patsy" prior to the assassination.

Finally, what about the Imperial Reflex camera that was allegedly used by Marina to take the backyard photos? It was not found among Oswald's possessions at his rooming house, nor was it found at Ruth Paine's house, nor was it identified by Marina as belonging to Oswald when she was first shown the camera. In fact, Marina described a very different camera that she said was used by her to take the backyard photos. The Imperial Reflex camera first appeared 3 months after the assassination-on February 14, 1964 when Robert Oswald gave it to the FBI. And where did Robert get the camera? From Ruth Paine, who somehow was able to provide many items of evidence used to frame/incriminate Oswald in the months following the assassination, long after the police had thoroughly searched her home and garage....
Versus: Jim Marrs, author of the book titled, "Crossfire".:  (from google books)

Versus:
http://www.aarclibrary.org/publib/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh21/pdf/WH21_Shaneyfelt_Ex_10.pdf

Versus:
Marina's original business manager, Jim Martin, later recalled that he sold a BYP print, sourced directly from Marina, to
Life Magazine, on Marina's behalf. Martin is backed up by an FBI communication rational readers will likely understand is obscure as
a result of FBI attempt to protect sources and methods! (Hint...this FBI document suppoirts the much later recollection by Jim Martin,
nearly word for word!)

In what I predict will be a futile attempt by me to "call off the dogs," readers are now informed that the above memo is
known to the community, unlike the obscure, Jim Martin (pre-internet era, but not newsgroup era) interview backing up the FBI document.....

Reference Material Section Three:

2,031 links to significant documents
related to Black Op Radio topics
  (1964 02/25)   FBI Memorandum: C. D. DeLoach to Mr. Mohr (jfk.hood.edu)
                          Mrs. Bucknell told Wick today that "Life" magazine purchased the
                          photograph of Lee Harvey Oswald shown with a rifle and a revolver
                          (which appears on "Life" cover of 2-21-64) from Mrs. Marina Oswald

Nearly daily, for years, on multiple forums, I post verifiable details to attempt to make the point to those reaching conclusions
or repeatedly emphasizing suspicions or theories, you lack awareness of details you are unfamiliar with.

The latest frenzy involves the posting, over and over, of "notes" attributed to Jim Hosty, and others to Will Fritz,
despite Hosty repeatedly testitifying he had thrown his relevant notes into the trash before the formation of the WC,
and both Fritz and Harry Holmes testifying (Holmes's denial was in an interview with author Sneed) that neither man
took notes, as intentional policy. Those repeatedly posting images of these purported notes claim the contents are
game changers impeaching a rather voluminous, contrary testimonial record consistently absent anyone claiming to have
witnessed Oswald outside the TSBD before 12:30 pm, and in the testimonies of Shelley and Frazier, specific denials of any
further observation of Oswald, at all, after noon, anywhere near the  TSBD.

Everyone demonstrably FOS seems adament they are performing some imagined "public service" as they eagerly flaunt their
symptoms, instead of concealing them.  Similarly to every Trump supporter, they assert they know who to believe.

Maybe I am jealous of them because compared to them and their self professed "discernment" I seem to have been
shortchanged by my maker, blessed with only the lesser ability to discern who is FOS. I am constantly adding names to
the lists I keep of such internet forum posters, book authors, movie makers, and a  prominent, now deceased, former NODA!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 09:48:24 AM by Tom Scully »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2019, 03:57:38 PM »
Why is nearly everyone, it seems, for 55 years, including the author of this thread, so FOS?
Versus: Jim Marrs, author of the book titled, "Crossfire".:  (from google books)

Versus:
http://www.aarclibrary.org/publib/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh21/pdf/WH21_Shaneyfelt_Ex_10.pdf

Versus:
Marina's original business manager, Jim Martin, later recalled that he sold a BYP print, sourced directly from Marina, to
Life Magazine, on Marina's behalf. Martin is backed up by an FBI communication rational readers will likely understand is obscure as
a result of FBI attempt to protect sources and methods! (Hint...this FBI document suppoirts the much later recollection by Jim Martin,
nearly word for word!)

In what I predict will be a futile attempt by me to "call off the dogs," readers are now informed that the above memo is
known to the community, unlike the obscure, Jim Martin (pre-internet era, but not newsgroup era) interview backing up the FBI document.....

Nearly daily, for years, on multiple forums, I post verifiable details to attempt to make the point to those reaching conclusions
or repeatedly emphasizing suspicions or theories, you lack awareness of details you are unfamiliar with.

The latest frenzy involves the posting, over and over, of "notes" attributed to Jim Hosty, and others to Will Fritz,
despite Hosty repeatedly testitifying he had thrown his relevant notes into the trash before the formation of the WC,
and both Fritz and Harry Holmes testifying (Holmes's denial was in an interview with author Sneed) that neither man
took notes, as intentional policy. Those repeatedly posting images of these purported notes claim the contents are
game changers impeaching a rather voluminous, contrary testimonial record consistently absent anyone claiming to have
witnessed Oswald outside the TSBD before 12:30 pm, and in the testimonies of Shelley and Frazier, specific denials of any
further observation of Oswald, at all, after noon, anywhere near the  TSBD.

Everyone demonstrably FOS seems adament they are performing some imagined "public service" as they eagerly flaunt their
symptoms, instead of concealing them.  Similarly to every Trump supporter, they assert they know who to believe.

Maybe I am jealous of them because compared to them and their self professed "discernment" I seem to have been
shortchanged by my maker, blessed with only the lesser ability to discern who is FOS. I am constantly adding names to
the lists I keep of such internet forum posters, book authors, movie makers, and a  prominent, now deceased, former NODA!

Re;... "Mrs Bucknell said that she did not know how any of papers received a "SIMILAR" photograph".... 
Mrs Bucknell was referring to the Detroit Free Press..... That news paper published the BY photo (CE 133A) before Life magazine was on the News stands.

Mrs Bucknell may not have known where the DFP  obtained the photo ....but if she had had the power to make the editor divulge the person from whom he had received the photo....She would have discovered that J. Edgar Hoover's agent on the Warren Commission, Mr Gerald Ford had stolen a copy of the photo and gave it to the editor of the DFP.   

In February of 64 Hoover and LBJ were desperate to pin the blame on their patsy.... The public had caught the smell of a skunk, and they were demanding answers to many unanswered questions.   Hoover and LBJ knew that they needed to do something drastic to quiet the pissants...... And they knew that the photo of the patsy "with the guns he used to kill JFK and officer JD Tippit "  ( the caption from the cover of LIFE) would be sucked up by the gullible pissants if it was splashed across the country and displayed like a giant "wanted" poster of the FBI's most wanted from the Post Office.

Hoover agent Gerald Ford owed the Editor of the DFP for his support in helping Ford win a seat in the US House of Representatives...... 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2019, 03:57:38 PM »

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2019, 05:15:36 PM »

Re;... "Mrs Bucknell said that she did not know how any of papers received a "SIMILAR" photograph".... 
Mrs Bucknell was referring to the Detroit Free Press..... That news paper published the BY photo (CE 133A) before Life magazine was on the News stands.

Mrs Bucknell may not have known where the DFP  obtained the photo ....but if she had had the power to make the editor divulge the person from whom he had received the photo....She would have discovered that J. Edgar Hoover's agent on the Warren Commission, Mr Gerald Ford had stolen a copy of the photo and gave it to the editor of the DFP.    

In February of 64 Hoover and LBJ were desperate to pin the blame on their patsy.... The public had caught the smell of a skunk, and they were demanding answers to many unanswered questions.   Hoover and LBJ knew that they needed to do something drastic to quiet the pissants...... And they knew that the photo of the patsy "with the guns he used to kill JFK and officer JD Tippit "  ( the caption from the cover of LIFE) would be sucked up by the gullible pissants if it was splashed across the country and displayed like a giant "wanted" poster of the FBI's most wanted from the Post Office.

Hoover agent Gerald Ford owed the Editor of the DFP for his support in helping Ford win a seat in the US House of Representatives......

You are reading comprehension challenged! Jim Martin, pre-internet, corroborates the understanding of the source of the BYP print
published by Life Magazine. How is this possible? Do you suppose Jim Martin, by 1992, had been hanging out at Weisberg's Maryland
chicken farm?

.pdf page 19: (from my own research notes, found by my internet searching less than 12 hours ago, after approx. 30 minutes of my effort.:
NOTE 02/26/19, the jfk.hood.edu 55 page .pdf at
this link, on page 19,
http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/FBI%20Records%20Files/105-82555/105-82555%20Section%20091/91c.pdf
supports via an FBI confidential
supports Jim Martin's "scrapbook" description, WORD for
WORD!

https://newsok.com/article/2413872/a-friend-to-marina-oswald-norman-man-recalls-assassins-widow
A Friend to Marina Oswald Norman Man Recalls Assassin's Widow
DAVID ZIZZO  Published: Sun, November 29, 1992

...Martin told the commission Marina seemed to believe her husband alone killed Kennedy.

But his recollection now is, "I don't really think she thought he was guilty. " ....

...While it lasted, being Marina's business manager was a unique experience, Martin said.

He said he sold the photo of Oswald holding a rifle to Life Magazine for $5,000. He said the photo "came directly from her scrapbook" and could not have been altered after the assassination, as some conspiracy theorists allege.

"If it had, it was doctored right after it was taken," Martin said
[/quote]
http://www.blackopradio.com/Reference_Three.html

Reference Material Section Three:

2,031 links to significant documents
related to Black Op Radio topics
(1964 02/25) FBI Memorandum: C. D. DeLoach to Mr. Mohr (jfk.hood.edu)
Mrs. Bucknell told Wick today that "Life" magazine purchased the
photograph of Lee Harvey Oswald shown with a rifle and a revolver
(which appears on "Life" cover of 2-21-64) from Mrs. Marina Oswald

And a bonus, "chew toy" for you, Walt! You are unaware of details you are apparently unaware of the existence of. Drop your bias
and conduct yourself as a facts seeker.....It is a big internet, anybody can find fact if that is their goal. I am typing this post sitting
on a bed in my folks' basement, an exercise distracting me from worrying about my out of control body weight! How 'bout you, Walt?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gene_Roberts_(journalist)
Eugene Leslie Roberts, Jr. (born June 15, 1932)[1] is an American journalist and professor of journalism. He has been a national editor of The New York Times, executive editor of The Philadelphia Inquirer from 1972 to 1990, and managing editor of The New York Times from 1994 to 1997. Roberts is most known for presiding over The Inquirer's "Golden Age",[2] a time in which the newspaper was given increased freedom and resources, won 17 Pulitzer Prizes in 18 years,[3] displaced The Philadelphia Bulletin as the city's "paper of record", and was considered to be Knight Ridder's crown jewel as a profitable enterprise and an influential regional paper.[4]
.......Career  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gene_Roberts_(journalist)#Career
Roberts was born in Pikeville[citation needed] in the Goldsboro, North Carolina Metropolitan Area. He grew up in North Carolina and worked for newspapers in Goldsboro, N.C.; Norfolk, Va.; Raleigh, N.C.; and Detroit. He covered the Kennedy Assassination in Dallas for the Detroit Free Press and subsequently covered the Civil Rights Movement as a correspondent for The New York Times, where he also served as Saigon bureau chief in 1968 during the Vietnam War. After serving as national editor at The Times from 1969 to 1972, he was hired by John S. Knight to head The Inquirer. He retired in 1990 and returned to the Times as managing editor from 1994 to 1998.

Roberts taught journalism from 1991 to 1994 and from 1998 to 2010 at the Philip Merrill College of Journalism, University of Maryland.

He is on the board of directors of the Committee to Protect Journalists and served five years as its chairman; he has also served as chairman of the Pulitzer Prize Board, the International Press Institute, and the Board Of Visitors of the School of Communications at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.....

Adam Wilkinson   Posted October 7, 2005
I just thought I would share an interview I conducted with Gene Roberts over email.

A March 2, 1964 article in Newsweek Magazine claimed that Gene Roberts had purchased a number of photographs of Oswald on behalf of the Detroit Free Press. The negative of one of these photographs has never been located or analysed, so I asked Gene the following questions:

1. Who sold you these photographs?

2. What photos were included in the purchase?

3. Did the Warren Commission or the House Select Committee on Assassinations ever try to contact you to reacquire these photos?

4. Do you know what became of these photos?

Here is his answer for any researcher who may be interested:

The photographs you asked about came from the files of the district

attorney?s office in Dallas. The DA got them from the FBI. They were the

same photographs that were given to the Warren Commission.

The photographs included the well known photograph of Oswald holding a

rifle in one hand and The Worker, the Communist Party newspaper from New

York, in the other; photocopies of Oswald?s identity cards, some with

aliases and others in his own name; and some family photos, as I recall.

I don?t remember the exact number, but there were possibly as many as 25

or 30. Almost all of the photographs were later made public, but at the

time they were new to the reading public.

No negatives were involved, only copies of photos and documents in the

FBI files. The FBI made them available to the Dallas DA to aid in the

prosecution of the Jack Ruby case. I correctly guessed this might happen

and made every effort to cultivate people in the DA?s office in the hope

that I might get access to the files. One employee of the DA made the

files available to me from 8 p.m. on a Saturday night to 8 a.m. on

Sunday morning, a 12-hour period when the employee did not think anyone

would be in the DA?s office. I hired an experienced photo lab person to

photocopy the file during the 12-hour period. I stayed with him during

the entire copying process and he provided me with two copies of every

photo and document in the file.

I had planned to route each set of copies on different airlines from

Dallas to my newspaper at the time, the Detroit Free Press in Detroit,

Michigan But I was so sleep-deprived that when I arrived at the

Dallas-Fort Worth airport on Sunday at about 9 a.m., I failed to make my

instructions clear and both sets of photographs were routed on the same

flight to Detroit. Because of weather conditions ? or mechanical

problems, I can?t remember which ? the plane was grounded in New Orleans

for several hours.

Panic developed at the Free Press, which wanted the photos in time for

the first edition of the Monday paper, which had a 6 p.m. deadline on

Sunday. We knew that Life magazine had access to some of the photos and

would start appearing at newsstands about noon on Monday. We wanted to

beat them to the punch.

As the deadline approached, editors in Detroit asked me to describe the

pictures and estimate the size of each photo that would be on page one.

With this information, the paper set the type for the front page and

made the page with holes for the pictures.

The plane arrived in Detroit about 30 minutes before deadline on Sunday

at the Detroit airport, which was about 30 minutes by car from the Free

Press building. My editor, Derrick Daniels, had motorcycles waiting on

the tarmac to speed the photos to the newsroom, where he had photo

editors and airbrush artists waiting to expedite the photos into the

paper. In 1964, engraving processes were not as sophisticated as they

later became, and it was commonplace to airbrush photos with white

liquid chalk to heighten the definition between dark and gray areas in

photographs. In the haste to get the photos in the paper, an airbrusher

covered the sniper scope (on the rifle Oswald was holding along with The

Worker paper) with liquid chalk.

Our paper was indeed available several hours ahead of Life. But when

Life appeared on newsstands, its photo of Oswald with The Worker paper

had a sniper scope. The Free Press photo did not. Armchair detectives

around the world found this to be highly suspicious.

But the Life and Free Press photos were both copies of the very same

photograph. Because airbrushers use liquid chalk that can be scratched

away with a fingernail, you could easily determine that the photographs

were the same. The apparent discrepancies of the photos have been

mentioned several times over the years in books and articles, creating a

mystery where none really existed. Had anyone taken the time to visit

the morgues (libraries) of the two publications, they could have seen

that the photos were the same.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 05:25:17 PM by Tom Scully »