Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Paging Von P..... Hello Von P....??  (Read 11590 times)

Offline Peter Kleinschmidt

Re: Paging Von P..... Hello Von P....??
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2019, 08:16:16 PM »
Advertisement
I gotta admit....Mrs Reid might not have thought it hilarious to see Lee Oswald enter the Office area carrying a coke and wearing only a Tee Shirt .....But the mental projection of that image strikes me as hilarious....  And I can guarantee Mrs Reid would damned sure have remember it!!....

And I was simply being flippant ........I never thought that I'd have to explain myself.

But the bottom line is:.... I seriously doubt Mrs Reid's tale.....   And I don't believe that she was a malicious liar.....  She simply told a Texas tale and never dreamed that it would blow up in her face.
No, you have to let the serious guy Ross decide, after all, if you were to say it's partly cloudy he may correct you by saying it's partly sunny

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2019, 08:16:16 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2019, 01:15:54 AM »
That's true..... But  they also measur and weigh the bullet....So why don't you humor me and measure the groove width on that jacket......Or aren't you smart enough to read a scale?

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/search?q=Walt+Cakebread

Anybody?

Offline Jack Nessan

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2019, 06:31:16 AM »
I believe the groove width on the copper jacket measures 1.5 mm across......

It is 3.3mm

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2019, 06:31:16 AM »

Offline Jack Nessan

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2019, 02:26:48 PM »
Anybody?

The picture you are referencing is not the groove. It is the land. The land measures 1.8 mm just like Frazier stated a carcano barrel's lands and grooves are supposed to be. The barrel's groove is 3.3 mm

Frazier referring to a carcano's lands and grooves while discussing the Walker Bullet. The same as the barrel cast from CE 139

Mr. EISENBERG - Can you describe the general rifling characteristics which you referred to?
Mr. FRAZIER - Yes. They consist of impressions from four lands and grooves. The bullet is mutilated on a portion of its surface. However, it can be determined that there were four land impressions and four groove impressions originally on this bullet.
The width of the land impression is 7/100ths of an inch, that is 0.07 inch--whereas the width of the groove impression is 0.13 inch, or 13/100ths of an inch.
The bullet is flattened so that it was not possible to measure its diameter. However, by adding the land width to the groove width, and multiplying by the number of lands and grooves, you can determine the circumference of the bullet and mathematically determine its diameter, which in this case corresponds to 6.5 mm. ammunition, or approximately .267 inch.
Mr. EISENBERG - What was the direction of the twist?
Mr. FRAZIER - To the right.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2019, 04:45:24 PM »

It is 3.3mm

Where are you measuring?   That 3.3 cannot be ACROSS the groove......

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2019, 04:45:24 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2019, 05:02:03 PM »
The picture you are referencing is not the groove. It is the land. The land measures 1.8 mm just like Frazier stated a carcano barrel's lands and grooves are supposed to be. The barrel's groove is 3.3 mm

Frazier referring to a carcano's lands and grooves while discussing the Walker Bullet. The same as the barrel cast from CE 139

Mr. EISENBERG - Can you describe the general rifling characteristics which you referred to?
Mr. FRAZIER - Yes. They consist of impressions from four lands and grooves. The bullet is mutilated on a portion of its surface. However, it can be determined that there were four land impressions and four groove impressions originally on this bullet.
The width of the land impression is 7/100ths of an inch, that is 0.07 inch--whereas the width of the groove impression is 0.13 inch, or 13/100ths of an inch.
The bullet is flattened so that it was not possible to measure its diameter. However, by adding the land width to the groove width, and multiplying by the number of lands and grooves, you can determine the circumference of the bullet and mathematically determine its diameter, which in this case corresponds to 6.5 mm. ammunition, or approximately .267 inch.
Mr. EISENBERG - What was the direction of the twist?
Mr. FRAZIER - To the right.

The LAND in the barrel creates a GROOVE in the projectile as the projectile is fired through the barrel.   

The GROOVE on the jacket is called a GROOVE .....  And that's what I'm referring to. 

I simply asked for anybody to use the scale and measure the width of the groove....Simple..... If you can't do that then ....move on.....
I had hoped that an honest person would simply measure the distance ACROSS the groove on the copper jacket.....
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 05:12:23 PM by Walt Cakebread »

Offline Jack Nessan

« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2019, 06:15:38 PM »
The LAND in the barrel creates a GROOVE in the projectile as the projectile is fired through the barrel.   

The GROOVE on the jacket is called a GROOVE .....  And that's what I'm referring to. 

I simply asked for anybody to use the scale and measure the width of the groove....Simple..... If you can't do that then ....move on.....
I had hoped that an honest person would simply measure the distance ACROSS the groove on the copper jacket.....

Cakebread: ...."The lands in the rifling of a Mannlicher Carcano barrel measure 2 mm across...  This bullet was NOT fired from a Mannlicher Carcano."

No, it is very specific.  The nomenclature does not change because you don't know what you are talking about. The "land impression" on the bullet fragment measures approximately(.07 inches) 1.8 mm.  The "groove impression" measures approximately(.13 inches) 3.3mm. Because you can't read a ruler doesn't mean Frazier could not. If you can read the "land impression" is 1.5mm it is only because you want to. Frazier made a Sulphur cast of CE 139's barrel he knew exactly the dimensions of the rifle's lands and grooves.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2019, 06:15:38 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2019, 06:27:26 PM »

Cakebread: ...."The lands in the rifling of a Mannlicher Carcano barrel measure 2 mm across...  This bullet was NOT fired from a Mannlicher Carcano."

No, it is very specific.  The nomenclature does not change because you don't know what you are talking about. The "land impression" on the bullet fragment measures approximately(.07 inches) 1.8 mm.  The "groove impression" measures approximately(.13 inches) 3.3mm. Because you can't read a ruler doesn't mean Frazier could not. If you can read the "land impression" is 1.5mm it is only because you want to. Frazier made a Sulphur cast of CE 139's barrel he knew exactly the dimensions of the rifle's lands and grooves.

Jack...Your desperation is hangin out a country mile....  The lands in the barrel create the grooves on the projectile ...Just as the treads on a tire create the track in the dirt....   Now go play marbles on the freeway....