Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald's Rifle Capability  (Read 20101 times)

Offline Tim Nickerson

Re: Oswald's Rifle Capability
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2019, 07:25:20 AM »
Advertisement
This video should also be seen here...

Unfortunately for Kennedy, it wasn't Jesse Ventura who was firing at him on Nov 22, 1963.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2019, 07:25:20 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2019, 03:03:50 PM »
Yeah...you guys are right. Big rugged Lee Harvey Oswald was a lot tougher, stronger, faster, and vastly more skilled than Jesse Ventura  :D

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2019, 03:16:55 PM »
So that wasn't Oswald's Carcano. Got it. BTW, how much practice did Hogan have with operating the bolt? I'll bet he did that cold turkey.

Name your experts who practiced with the bolt action for more than a few minutes. Oswald had months to do so. And tell us how anyone populating your claimed threads all over the Internet know whether Marina saw him practicing on the porch or not.

Ha, Ha, Ha..Hee..Hee.. Hee   ROTFLMAO!.....   Chapedass I know it's rude to laugh at the mentally handicapped.....But yer a riot.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2019, 03:16:55 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2019, 05:29:02 PM »
Unfortunately for Kennedy, it wasn't Jesse Ventura who was firing at him on Nov 22, 1963.

Good one Thumb1:

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2019, 05:44:00 PM »
Good one Thumb1:
Good grief. Why don't you guys just invite each other out for a candlelight dinner?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2019, 05:44:00 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2019, 06:03:02 PM »
Ha, Ha, Ha..Hee..Hee.. Hee   ROTFLMAO!.....   Chapedass I know it's rude to laugh at the mentally handicapped.....But yer a riot.

Again another non-answer from yet another CT troll.
Take your meds, goofball.

@Newbies: Note how Wallyburger failed to address the mechanical difficulties one faces when new to the Carcano; and the inherent need to practice working the bolt.

The fact is that Marina witnessed Oswald working the bolt, while Frazier reported that FBI testers said they would have better results the more they practiced.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 06:17:37 PM by Bill Chapman »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2019, 07:01:13 PM »
Again another non-answer from yet another CT troll.
Take your meds, goofball.

@Newbies: Note how Wallyburger failed to address the mechanical difficulties one faces when new to the Carcano; and the inherent need to practice working the bolt.

The fact is that Marina witnessed Oswald working the bolt, while Frazier reported that FBI testers said they would have better results the more they practiced.

Note how Wallyburger failed to address the mechanical difficulties one faces when new to the Carcano; and the inherent need to practice working the bolt.

Yes, Ventura did have a bit of a problem operating the bolt of the Carcano....And I've been saying that the carcano is a clunky hard to operate rifle, and not at all suitable for use where rapid fire is needed.....And thank you for your support.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2019, 07:01:13 PM »

Offline Zeon Mason

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2019, 08:12:44 PM »
Oswald didn't have the option of working the bolt repeatedly just before shooting, because he is in the sniper nest by 12:24 (to have placed box on window ledge just before Bronson film starts) and during this 6 minutes of time Harold Norman was RIGHT under him, and SURELY Norman would have heard the "clak clak" of the bolt operating if Oswald working it.

And Oswald had not worked the bolt therefore until he had last had the rifle in hand, IF he was the shooter seen by Arnold Rowland at 12:15 at the SW window of TSBD 6th floor.

so 15 minutes of not having worked the bolt beforehand, plus having to use iron sights fixed for a zero of 200 meters, plus having to have remained out of sight, thus NOT IN position premptively, makes this NOT a simple exercise. The top military snipers , Carlos Hathcock, and Craig Roberts were high skeptical:

?The reason I knew that Oswald could not have done it, was because I could not have done it,? said former US Marine sniper, Craig Roberts. Credited with numerous kills while serving in Vietnam , Roberts turned an objective eye on the shot heard ?round the world. After he visited Dealey Plaza, after viewing the so-called ?sniper?s lair,? on the sixth floor of the book depository, and after staring at the large oak tree overspreading much of Elm Street, Roberts said, ?I walked away from the window in disgust. I had seen all I needed to know that Oswald could not have been the lone shooter.?

Not content with his own critical appraisal, Roberts turned to another, equally knowledgeable shooter. ?According to my friend, Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock, the former senior instructor for the US Marine Corps Sniper Instructor School at Quantico, Virginia, it could not be done as described by the FBI investigators.?

?Let me tell you what we did at Quantico,? Hathcock recalls. ?We reconstructed the whole thing: the angle, the range, the moving target, the time limit, the obstacles, everything. I don?t know how many times we tried it, but we couldn?t duplicate what the Warren Commission said Oswald did. Now if I can?t do it, how in the world could a guy who was a non-qual on the rifle range and later only qualified 'marksman' do it??

https://www.liberalforum.org/topic/233951-oswald-couldnt-have-done-itshot-impossible-says-2-famed-snipers/
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 10:06:29 PM by Zeon Mason »