Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Marina's Camera....The Backyard Pictures Revisited  (Read 9554 times)

Offline Tom Scully

Re: Marina's Camera....The Backyard Pictures Revisited
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2019, 06:14:35 PM »
Advertisement
Next: A version of this post, just for Walt...
I was a forum monitor 3 years and later read every comment submitted to jfkfacts.org, for ten months tasked with
approving every pending comment.

In my experience, most are resistant to verifiable facts they react to as threats to "information" they've already committed to believe.
My posts are detailed and the detail is well supported because the bulk of the community are seeking validation, and not what can be
proven
to comparitively closest to the truth. Predictably, farce is embraced over fact.

426 people found Douglas Horne's review of Peter Janney's book, helpful, vs 11 people who found my contrary review, helpful.

My original research triggered a second, revised version of author Janney's sensationalist, facts compromised book.
Mary's Mosaic: The CIA Conspiracy to Murder John F. Kennedy, Mary ...
https://books.google.com/books?isbn=1629143162
Peter Janney - 2013 - ‎History
... Amazon only as ?Rational Voice.? Discussing his critical post of Mary's Mosaic in an email to a University of Georgia law professor, Scully identified himself as ...

On 6/9/2013 at 12:24 AM, John Simkin said However, to my eternal shame, I did not protect
Peter Janney enough when his book Mary's .... :.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 06:36:23 PM by Tom Scully »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2019, 06:14:35 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2019, 06:23:33 PM »
There's an Internet forum called "JFK Debate", created by John Simkin?  News to me.

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2019, 06:56:58 PM »
Further distillation for Walt.:

Mark O'Blazney posts regularly on this forum.:
Mary's Mosaic: The CIA Conspiracy to Murder John F. Kennedy, Mary ...
https://books.google.com/books?isbn=1629143162
Peter Janney - 2013 - ‎History
The CIA Conspiracy to Murder John F. Kennedy, Mary Pinchot Meyer, and Their ... ?Part of Mitchell's plan,? O'Blazney remembered Damore saying, ?was maybe ...

When was the last instance you, or any other poster here, directed a question at one of the most knowledgeable members of this
forum, Mark O'Blazney, a man who suffered through proximity of two nuts who professed belief they were presenting earth shattering
conclusions of JFK Assassination conspiracy sponsored by CIA and "assets" they believed that agency dispatched domestically with
orders to kill?
You are what you post, from the POV of your readers.....(shallow, uncurious, inexact, and tribal are not everyone's cup of tea,
merely traits I've experienced, up close and uncomfortably, from the vast majority of posters on JFK Assassination forums, and of
the authors of books on related topics.)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 07:06:22 PM by Tom Scully »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2019, 06:56:58 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2019, 07:05:30 PM »
I was a forum monitor 3 years and later read every comment submitted to jfkfacts.org, for ten months tasked with
approving every pending comment.

In my experience, most are resistant to verifiable facts they react to as threats to "information" they've already committed to believe.
My posts are detailed and the detail is well supported because the bulk of the community are seeking validation, and not what can be
proven
to comparitively closest to the truth. Predictably, farce is embraced over fact.

426 people found Douglas Horne's review of Peter Janney's book, helpful, vs 11 people who found my contrary review, helpful.

My original research triggered a second, revised version of author Janney's sensationalist, facts compromised book.

Tom, We are on different frequencies..... Your transmissions are as garbled to me as mine are to you.....

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2019, 07:19:45 PM »
Tom, We are on different frequencies..... Your transmissions are as garbled to me as mine are to you.....

Why are the forum posters and JFK-A book authors who tailor their opinions to coincide with what verifiable facts actually support,
seemingly as rare as northern white rhinos?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_white_rhinoceros
...As of March 19, 2018, there were only two known rhinos of this subspecies left, both of which are female..

Why do so many posters and book authors indicate such enthusiastic preference for shallow BS? Example: JFK, the movie
Yes, he was certainly 'on to something' (and on something?).  Sorry, couldn't resist. As Tom previously stated, Big Jim (Garrison)
was playing both sides.  Why?

A Friend to Marina Oswald Norman Man Recalls Assassin's ... - NewsOK
https://newsok.com/article/2413872/a-friend-to-marina-oswald-norman-man-recalls-assassins-widow
Nov 29, 1992 - NORMAN - Jim Martin will never forget the day the sheriff and Secret Service ... Marina Oswald and her young girls accepted Martin's invitation for ... He said the photo "came directly from her scrapbook" and could not have .
By 1992, Jim Martin had no discernable justification (motive) to claim the BYP print he negotiated the sale of in 1964 to Life Magazine
for $5,000 was sourced directly from Marina's scrapbook, matching the exact "scrapbook" wording described in an obscure
1964 FBI report of a named confidential source employed in the NY offices of Life Magazine, an FBI report Jim Martin MOST
likely had no knowledge of?

On Page 19.... jfk.hood.edu

http://www.blackopradio.com/Reference_Three.html
Reference Material Section Three:
2,031 links to significant documents
related to Black Op Radio topics
(1964 02/25) FBI Memorandum: C. D. DeLoach to Mr. Mohr (jfk.hood.edu)
Mrs. Bucknell told Wick today that "Life" magazine purchased the
photograph of Lee Harvey Oswald shown with a rifle and a revolver
(which appears on "Life" cover of 2-21-64) from Mrs. Marina Oswald
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 07:42:49 PM by Tom Scully »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2019, 07:19:45 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2019, 07:44:27 PM »
Why are the  posters who tailor their opinions to coincide with what verifiable facts actually support, as rare as white rhinos?
Why do so many posters and book authors indicate such enthusiastic preference for shallow BS?By 1992, Jim Martin had no discernable justification to claim the BYP print he negotiated the sale of in 1964 to Life Magazine
for $5,000 was sourced directly from Marina's scrapbook, matching the exact "scrapbook" wording described in an obscure
1964 FBI report of a named confidential source employed in the NY offices of Life Magazine, an FBI report Jim Martin MOST
likely had no knowledge of?

Try omitting all of the extraneous BS .....   By 1992 Jim Martin had no good reason to claim that the copy of the Back Yard photo that he had sold to LIFE magazine  could be traced to a scrapbook that belonged to Marina.  The photo was traced to Marina's scrapbook by by some wording that was obscure and known only because it had been recorded in a FBI report that Martin probably was unaware of.   

IOW..LIFE wanted verification from Martin that the photo was authentic.....Martin claimed that the photo had come from Marina's "scrapbook" and he was found to be telling the truth because there was wording in the scrapbook that verified Martin's claim. 

Is that what you're attempting to say Mr Scully?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 07:46:04 PM by Walt Cakebread »

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2019, 07:54:24 PM »
Try omitting all of the extraneous BS .....   By 1992 Jim Martin had no good reason to claim that the copy of the Back Yard photo that he had sold to LIFE magazine  could be traced to a scrapbook that belonged to Marina.  The photo was traced to Marina's scrapbook by by some wording that was obscure and known only because it had been recorded in a FBI report that Martin probably was unaware of.   

IOW..LIFE wanted verification from Martin that the photo was authentic.....Martin claimed that the photo had come from Marina's "scrapbook" and he was found to be telling the truth because there was wording in the scrapbook that verified Martin's claim. 

Is that what you're attempting to say Mr Scully?
"Attempting"? There is the record of testimony and of well supported details, vs. your belief system.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/1978/09/15/more-oswald-photo-evidence-said-to-be-found/39265ee1-14b7-498a-921f-fb3416d07f46/?utm_term=.341218375c6c
More Oswald Photo Evidence Said to Be Found
By George Lardner Jr. September 15, 1978

....Porter told the committee that she snapped the photos of Oswald with his rifle, and a holstered pistol, at his insistence in the spring of 1963 in the back yard of their Neely street home in Dallas. She said she couldn't remember how many pictures she took, whether two or three, and only vaguely recalled his saying something about sending a copy to the Militant.

After the assassination, she burned two prints she found in her daughter June's baby book. She told the committee it never occured to her to look around for the negatives....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2019, 07:54:24 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2019, 08:04:20 PM »
"Attempting"? There is the record of testimony and of well supported details, vs. your belief system.

Yes, "attempting" to say.......  I simply can't understand your prose.... You'll have to "dumb it down" for me..... 

BTW.....How far back have you traced some of the suspects in the plot?....  Wasn't Robert E Lee connected to the plot?