Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Marina's Camera....The Backyard Pictures Revisited  (Read 9555 times)

Online Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
Re: Marina's Camera....The Backyard Pictures Revisited
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2019, 01:18:29 PM »
Advertisement
What exactly is the evidence that this Imperial Reflex 620 was Oswald's camera?
Marina said it was Oswald's camera and it was in their possession.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2019, 01:18:29 PM »

Offline Ray Mitcham

« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2019, 01:58:01 PM »

Marina's testimony to the HSCA.
"Q. The camera you took them on, was that Lee Harvey Oswald's camera?
A. I believe so.
Q. Was it the same one he had in Russia or a different one, do you know?
A. I don't know, but I do believe it could be the same.

[She doesn't seem exactly sure it was Oswald's camera.]

Q. What did he tell you to do with the camera as far as taking the pictures?
A. He just told me which button to push and I did.
Q. Did you hold it up to your eye and look through the viewer to take the picture?
A. Yes.

Q. And after you took the picture what did you do after you took the first picture?
A. I went into the house and did things I had to attend to.
Q. How many pictures did you take?
A. I think I took two.
Q. When you took the first picture you held it up to your eye?
A. Yes; that is what I recall.

Q. What did you do next?
A. I believe he did something with it and told me to push it again.
Q. The first time you pushed it down to take the picture?
A. Yes.
Q. And the first time, what happened before you took the second picture?
A. He changed his pose.
Q. What I am getting at is, did you give the camera to him so he would move the film forward or did you do that?
A. He did that.
Q. So you took the picture and handed the camera to him?
A. Yes.
Q. What did he do?
A. He said, "Once again," and I did it again.
Q. So he have you back the camera?
A. For the second time; yes.
Q. Did he put the rifle down?

[Strange she didn't remember this to the Warren Commission.]

A. You see, that is the way I remember it.
Q. Did he put the rifle down on the ground between--
A. I don't remember. I was so annoyed with all this procedure so the sooner I could get through, the better, so I don't recollect.
Q. But you do remember taking the picture?
A. Yes; I am the one who took the picture and the weather was right.
Q. What did you say?
A. Somebody speculated the picture couldn't be taken; the weather was wrong.
Q. I am not interested in what people speculated.
A. There is nobody to blame for it but me.
Q. When you took the first picture and you gave him the camera, did you walk over to him and give him the camera or did he walk over to you?
A. I don't remember.
Q. Are these the only two pictures you ever took in your life at least up to that time?
A. Yes.

[Her testimony is not worth a carrot. Her story keeps changing.]

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2019, 03:25:23 PM »
Marina's testimony to the HSCA.
"Q. The camera you took them on, was that Lee Harvey Oswald's camera?
A. I believe so.
Q. Was it the same one he had in Russia or a different one, do you know?
A. I don't know, but I do believe it could be the same.

[She doesn't seem exactly sure it was Oswald's camera.]

Q. What did he tell you to do with the camera as far as taking the pictures?
A. He just told me which button to push and I did.
Q. Did you hold it up to your eye and look through the viewer to take the picture?
A. Yes.

Q. And after you took the picture what did you do after you took the first picture?
A. I went into the house and did things I had to attend to.
Q. How many pictures did you take?
A. I think I took two.
Q. When you took the first picture you held it up to your eye?
A. Yes; that is what I recall.

Q. What did you do next?
A. I believe he did something with it and told me to push it again.
Q. The first time you pushed it down to take the picture?
A. Yes.
Q. And the first time, what happened before you took the second picture?
A. He changed his pose.
Q. What I am getting at is, did you give the camera to him so he would move the film forward or did you do that?
A. He did that.
Q. So you took the picture and handed the camera to him?
A. Yes.
Q. What did he do?
A. He said, "Once again," and I did it again.
Q. So he have you back the camera?
A. For the second time; yes.
Q. Did he put the rifle down?

[Strange she didn't remember this to the Warren Commission.]

A. You see, that is the way I remember it.
Q. Did he put the rifle down on the ground between--
A. I don't remember. I was so annoyed with all this procedure so the sooner I could get through, the better, so I don't recollect.
Q. What did you say?
Q. When you took the first picture and you gave him the camera, did you walk over to him and give him the camera or did he walk over to you?
A. I don't remember.
Q. Are these the only two pictures you ever took in your life at least up to that time?
A. Yes.

[Her testimony is not worth a carrot. Her story keeps changing.]

I believe Marina is telling the truth , as best she can recall a trivial event.....   ( Taking a photo of someone isn't exactly a memorable event)

Sure she may appear to be lying because she doesn't remember exact details......But I believe her strong response to questions speaks loud and clear.

Q. What did you say?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2019, 03:25:23 PM »

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2019, 03:27:08 PM »
She may not have known who was holding the lever of the guillotine ....but she damned sure knew her head was in the block....

You're making crap up. Again.

Whew! Gotta catch my breath! I just raced back here after single-handedly persuading my NK "lover" to turn over all NK nukes to
international inspectors and allow 50,000 of them to immediately reside in NK indefinitely, with authorization from my new lover
to travel anywhere, anytime, in NK in groups no greater than a thousand in any unannounced group! Nobel Peace Prize, next?

http://www.aarclibrary.org/publib/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh21/pdf/WH21_Shaneyfelt_Ex_10.pdf

Marina's original business manager, Jim Martin, later recalled that he sold a BYP print, sourced directly from Marina, to
Life Magazine, on Marina's behalf. Martin is backed up by an FBI communication rational readers will likely understand is obscure as
a result of FBI attempt to protect sources and methods! (Hint...this FBI document suppoirts the much later recollection by Jim Martin,
nearly word for word!)

In what I predict will be a futile attempt by me to "call off the dogs," readers are now informed that the above memo is
known to the community, unlike the obscure, Jim Martin (pre-internet era, but not newsgroup era) interview backing up the FBI document.....

https://newsok.com/article/2413872/a-friend-to-marina-oswald-norman-man-recalls-assassins-widowA
Friend to Marina Oswald Norman Man Recalls Assassin's Widow
DAVID ZIZZO Published: Sun, November 29, 1992

...Martin told the commission Marina seemed to believe her husband alone killed Kennedy.

But his recollection now is, "I don't really think she thought he was guilty. " ....

...While it lasted, being Marina's business manager was a unique experience, Martin said.

He said he sold the photo of Oswald holding a rifle to Life Magazine for $5,000. He said the photo "came directly from her scrapbook" and could not have been altered after the assassination, as some conspiracy theorists allege.

"If it had, it was doctored right after it was taken," Martin said....
http://www.blackopradio.com/Reference_Three.html

Reference Material Section Three:

2,031 links to significant documents
related to Black Op Radio topics
(1964 02/25) FBI Memorandum: C. D. DeLoach to Mr. Mohr (jfk.hood.edu)
Mrs. Bucknell told Wick today that "Life" magazine purchased the
photograph of Lee Harvey Oswald shown with a rifle and a revolver
(which appears on "Life" cover of 2-21-64) from Mrs. Marina Oswald
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 04:45:26 PM by Tom Scully »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2019, 04:55:26 PM »
Whew! Gotta catch my breath! I just raced back here after single-handedly persuading my NK "lover" to turn over all NK nukes to
international inspectors and allow 50,000 of them to immediately reside in NK indefinitely, with authorization from my new lover
to travel anywhere, anytime, in NK in groups no greater than a thousand in any unannounce group! Nobel Peace Prize, next?

http://www.aarclibrary.org/publib/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh21/pdf/WH21_Shaneyfelt_Ex_10.pdf

Marina's original business manager, Jim Martin, later recalled that he sold a BYP print, sourced directly from Marina, to
Life Magazine, on Marina's behalf. Martin is backed up by an FBI communication rational readers will likely understand is obscure as
a result of FBI attempt to protect sources and methods! (Hint...this FBI document suppoirts the much later recollection by Jim Martin,
nearly word for word!)

In what I predict will be a futile attempt by me to "call off the dogs," readers are now informed that the above memo is
known to the community, unlike the obscure, Jim Martin (pre-internet era, but not newsgroup era) interview backing up the FBI document.....

I thought that I had posted a reply to Mr Scully's post.....

re:..."Mrs Bucknell said that she did not know how any of the other papers obtained a similar photograph. "

Mrs Bucknell was referring to the Detroit Free Press newspaper......

If Mrs Bucknell had had a big gun that she could have put between the eyes of the DFP Editor she might have learned that Hoover's agent Mr Gerald Ford had stolen the BY photo from the Warren Commission and gave it to the editor of the Detroit newspaper.
(Ford was indebted to the editor for his support in getting the dunce Ford elected to the US house).......

In February of 64 Hoover and LBJ were desperate skunks....  The public had smelled a skunk and they were demanding answers to the many unanswered questions about the murder of our 35th President.   Hoover being the master deceiver that he was, knew that the BY photo that showed the arch villain, Lee Harrrrrrvey Ossssswald  "with the guns that he used to kill JFK and officer JD Tippit "( the caption on the cover of LIFE) would be all that was necessary to dupe the us gullible pissants into believing the tale.

The DFP had published a copy of the BY photo before LIFE published the Feb 21st edition of LIFE magazine.   But the picture and caption on the cover of Life was the Keystone in the lie that has endured to this very day.   Life published the BY photo like a giant "wanted" poster of the FBI's most wanted that was posted in US Post offices. Life enlarged the photo to cover the entire front cover of the 10" X 14" magazine ..and the magazine was displayed on Supermarket Newsstands across the county where the gullible pissants were sure to see it.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2019, 04:55:26 PM »

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2019, 05:33:27 PM »
I thought that I had posted a reply to Mr Scully's post.....

re:..."Mrs Bucknell said that she did not know how any of the other papers obtained a similar photograph. "

Mrs Bucknell was referring to the Detroit Free Press newspaper......

If Mrs Bucknell had had a big gun that she could have put between the eyes of the DFP Editor she might have learned that Hoover's agent Mr Gerald Ford had stolen the BY photo from the Warren Commission and gave it to the editor of the Detroit newspaper.
(Ford was indebted to the editor for his support in getting the dunce Ford elected to the US house).......

In February of 64 Hoover and LBJ were desperate skunks....  The public had smelled a skunk and they were demanding answers to the many unanswered questions about the murder of our 35th President.   Hoover being the master deceiver that he was, knew that the BY photo that showed the arch villain, Lee Harrrrrrvey Ossssswald  "with the guns that he used to kill JFK and officer JD Tippit "( the caption on the cover of LIFE) would be all that was necessary to dupe the us gullible pissants into believing the tale.

The DFP had published a copy of the BY photo before LIFE published the Feb 21st edition of LIFE magazine.   But the picture and caption on the cover of Life was the Keystone in the lie that has endured to this very day.   Life published the BY photo like a giant "wanted" poster of the FBI's most wanted that was posted in US Post offices. Life enlarged the photo to cover the entire front cover of the 10" X 14" magazine ..and the magazine was displayed on Supermarket Newsstands across the county where the gullible pissants were sure to see it.

Walt, you are indeed a gift (especially to John Iacoletti) that keeps on giving! Some advice; better to be regarded as a fool,
than to post and remove  all doubt.

You (Walt) are reading comprehension challenged! Jim Martin, pre-internet, corroborates the understanding of the source of the BYP print
published by Life Magazine. How is this possible? Do you suppose Jim Martin, by 1992, had been hanging out at Weisberg's Maryland
chicken farm?

.pdf page 19: (from my own research notes, found by my internet searching less than 12 hours ago, after approx. 30 minutes of my effort.:
NOTE 02/26/19, the jfk.hood.edu 55 page .pdf at
this link, on page 19,
http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/FBI%20Records%20Files/105-82555/105-82555%20Section%20091/91c.pdf
supports via an FBI confidential
supports Jim Martin's "scrapbook" description, WORD for
WORD!

https://newsok.com/article/2413872/a-friend-to-marina-oswald-norman-man-recalls-assassins-widow
A Friend to Marina Oswald Norman Man Recalls Assassin's Widow
DAVID ZIZZO  Published: Sun, November 29, 1992

...Martin told the commission Marina seemed to believe her husband alone killed Kennedy.

But his recollection now is, "I don't really think she thought he was guilty. " ....

...While it lasted, being Marina's business manager was a unique experience, Martin said.

He said he sold the photo of Oswald holding a rifle to Life Magazine for $5,000. He said the photo "came directly from her scrapbook" and could not have been altered after the assassination, as some conspiracy theorists allege.

"If it had, it was doctored right after it was taken," Martin said
http://www.blackopradio.com/Reference_Three.html

Reference Material Section Three:

2,031 links to significant documents
related to Black Op Radio topics
(1964 02/25) FBI Memorandum: C. D. DeLoach to Mr. Mohr (jfk.hood.edu)
Mrs. Bucknell told Wick today that "Life" magazine purchased the
photograph of Lee Harvey Oswald shown with a rifle and a revolver
(which appears on "Life" cover of 2-21-64) from Mrs. Marina Oswald

And a bonus, "chew toy" for you, Walt! You are unaware of details you are apparently unaware of the existence of. Drop your bias
and conduct yourself as a facts seeker.....It is a big internet, anybody can find fact if that is their goal. I am typing this post sitting
on a bed in my folks' basement, an exercise distracting me from worrying about my out of control body weight! How 'bout you, Walt?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gene_Roberts_(journalist)
Eugene Leslie Roberts, Jr. (born June 15, 1932)[1] is an American journalist and professor of journalism. He has been a national editor of The New York Times, executive editor of The Philadelphia Inquirer from 1972 to 1990, and managing editor of The New York Times from 1994 to 1997. Roberts is most known for presiding over The Inquirer's "Golden Age",[2] a time in which the newspaper was given increased freedom and resources, won 17 Pulitzer Prizes in 18 years,[3] displaced The Philadelphia Bulletin as the city's "paper of record", and was considered to be Knight Ridder's crown jewel as a profitable enterprise and an influential regional paper.[4]
.......Career  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gene_Roberts_(journalist)#Career
Roberts was born in Pikeville[citation needed] in the Goldsboro, North Carolina Metropolitan Area. He grew up in North Carolina and worked for newspapers in Goldsboro, N.C.; Norfolk, Va.; Raleigh, N.C.; and Detroit. He covered the Kennedy Assassination in Dallas for the Detroit Free Press and subsequently covered the Civil Rights Movement as a correspondent for The New York Times, where he also served as Saigon bureau chief in 1968 during the Vietnam War. After serving as national editor at The Times from 1969 to 1972, he was hired by John S. Knight to head The Inquirer. He retired in 1990 and returned to the Times as managing editor from 1994 to 1998.

Roberts taught journalism from 1991 to 1994 and from 1998 to 2010 at the Philip Merrill College of Journalism, University of Maryland.

He is on the board of directors of the Committee to Protect Journalists and served five years as its chairman; he has also served as chairman of the Pulitzer Prize Board, the International Press Institute, and the Board Of Visitors of the School of Communications at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.....

Adam Wilkinson   Posted October 7, 2005
I just thought I would share an interview I conducted with Gene Roberts over email.

A March 2, 1964 article in Newsweek Magazine claimed that Gene Roberts had purchased a number of photographs of Oswald on behalf of the Detroit Free Press. The negative of one of these photographs has never been located or analysed, so I asked Gene the following questions:

1. Who sold you these photographs?

2. What photos were included in the purchase?

3. Did the Warren Commission or the House Select Committee on Assassinations ever try to contact you to reacquire these photos?

4. Do you know what became of these photos?

Here is his answer for any researcher who may be interested:

The photographs you asked about came from the files of the district

attorney?s office in Dallas. The DA got them from the FBI. They were the

same photographs that were given to the Warren Commission.

The photographs included the well known photograph of Oswald holding a

rifle in one hand and The Worker, the Communist Party newspaper from New

York, in the other; photocopies of Oswald?s identity cards, some with

aliases and others in his own name; and some family photos, as I recall.

I don?t remember the exact number, but there were possibly as many as 25

or 30. Almost all of the photographs were later made public, but at the

time they were new to the reading public.

No negatives were involved, only copies of photos and documents in the

FBI files. The FBI made them available to the Dallas DA to aid in the

prosecution of the Jack Ruby case. I correctly guessed this might happen

and made every effort to cultivate people in the DA?s office in the hope

that I might get access to the files. One employee of the DA made the

files available to me from 8 p.m. on a Saturday night to 8 a.m. on

Sunday morning, a 12-hour period when the employee did not think anyone

would be in the DA?s office. I hired an experienced photo lab person to

photocopy the file during the 12-hour period. I stayed with him during

the entire copying process and he provided me with two copies of every

photo and document in the file.

I had planned to route each set of copies on different airlines from

Dallas to my newspaper at the time, the Detroit Free Press in Detroit,

Michigan But I was so sleep-deprived that when I arrived at the

Dallas-Fort Worth airport on Sunday at about 9 a.m., I failed to make my

instructions clear and both sets of photographs were routed on the same

flight to Detroit. Because of weather conditions ? or mechanical

problems, I can?t remember which ? the plane was grounded in New Orleans

for several hours.

Panic developed at the Free Press, which wanted the photos in time for

the first edition of the Monday paper, which had a 6 p.m. deadline on

Sunday. We knew that Life magazine had access to some of the photos and

would start appearing at newsstands about noon on Monday. We wanted to

beat them to the punch.

As the deadline approached, editors in Detroit asked me to describe the

pictures and estimate the size of each photo that would be on page one.

With this information, the paper set the type for the front page and

made the page with holes for the pictures.

The plane arrived in Detroit about 30 minutes before deadline on Sunday

at the Detroit airport, which was about 30 minutes by car from the Free

Press building. My editor, Derrick Daniels, had motorcycles waiting on

the tarmac to speed the photos to the newsroom, where he had photo

editors and airbrush artists waiting to expedite the photos into the

paper. In 1964, engraving processes were not as sophisticated as they

later became, and it was commonplace to airbrush photos with white

liquid chalk to heighten the definition between dark and gray areas in

photographs. In the haste to get the photos in the paper, an airbrusher

covered the sniper scope (on the rifle Oswald was holding along with The

Worker paper) with liquid chalk.

Our paper was indeed available several hours ahead of Life. But when

Life appeared on newsstands, its photo of Oswald with The Worker paper

had a sniper scope. The Free Press photo did not. Armchair detectives

around the world found this to be highly suspicious.

But the Life and Free Press photos were both copies of the very same

photograph. Because airbrushers use liquid chalk that can be scratched

away with a fingernail, you could easily determine that the photographs

were the same. The apparent discrepancies of the photos have been

mentioned several times over the years in books and articles, creating a

mystery where none really existed. Had anyone taken the time to visit

the morgues (libraries) of the two publications, they could have seen

that the photos were the same.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 05:56:23 PM by Tom Scully »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2019, 05:42:51 PM »
Walt, you are indeed a gift (especially to John Iacoletti) that keeps on giving! Some advice; better to be regarded as a fool,
than to post and remove  all doubt.

And a bonus, "chew toy" for you, Walt! You are unaware of details you are apparently unaware of the existence of. Drop your bias
and conduct yourself as a facts seeker.....It is a big internet, anybody can find fact if that is their goal. I am typing this post sitting
on a bed in my folks' basement, an exercise distracting me from worrying about my out of control body weight! How 'bout you, Walt?

I abhor long winded BS posts...

The Bottom line is J.Edgar Hoover.....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2019, 05:42:51 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2019, 08:32:00 PM »

It was?  Then how come nobody knew about it before Robert Oswald gave it to the FBI in February, 1964?