Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: ML Baker Sept '64 FBI Affidavit- Oswald and the Soda  (Read 26610 times)

Offline Alan Ford

Re: ML Baker Sept '64 FBI Affidavit- Oswald and the Soda
« Reply #80 on: February 24, 2019, 01:04:46 AM »
Advertisement
Alan, I'm 100% certain that Lee Oswald never fired any gun from the TSBD that day.....But I think you are putting too much faith in Hosty's notes.   Hosty was under a great deal of duress  when he was ordered to get his butt over to the DPD and make sure Oswald never said anything to implicate Hoover or his EXTRA SPECIAL agents.    Hosty is the only person who recorded that Lee went outside to watch the President's Parade....

But, I do welcome your honest debate ......

Thank you, Mr Cakebread!  Thumb1:

"Hosty is the only person who recorded that Lee went outside to watch the President's Parade...."
-----------My point entirely!

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #80 on: February 24, 2019, 01:04:46 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #81 on: February 24, 2019, 01:10:02 AM »
     Hosty is the only person who recorded that Lee went outside to watch the President's Parade.... 
  Fritz recorded Oswald stating...went ''out front with Bill Shelley" -----
https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=29103#relPageId=3&tab=page

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #82 on: February 24, 2019, 01:49:43 AM »
https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=29103#relPageId=3&tab=page

Yes ...  But we don't know WHEN ...   I believe that Lee saw Shelly outside on the street a few minutes after the shooting.....when he went outside to see what had caused the motorcycle cop to burst into the second floor lunchroom and demand what he was doing....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #82 on: February 24, 2019, 01:49:43 AM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #83 on: February 24, 2019, 11:12:08 AM »
I believe that Lee saw Shelly outside on the street a few minutes after the shooting.....when he went outside to see what had caused the motorcycle cop to burst into the second floor lunchroom and demand what he was doing....

We now know that this is not what Mr Oswald told Captain Fritz at that first interview. He told him he bought the coke before the motorcade, went down to 1 and then went outside to watch the Presidential parade.

The unambiguous words in Hosty's notes cannot simply be wished away. They were hidden for 55+ years, but now they are out there for everyone to see.

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #84 on: February 24, 2019, 11:36:49 AM »
The unambiguous words in Hosty's notes 
Remain obscure.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #84 on: February 24, 2019, 11:36:49 AM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #85 on: February 24, 2019, 12:39:56 PM »
Remain obscure.

Indeed!

"Then went outside"----maybe Mr Oswald meant the Depository roof?

"to watch"----maybe Mr Oswald went up to the roof to pick up his watch which he had left there earlier in the day?

"P. Parade"----maybe "Parade" is actually "Paracle", i.e. short for "Paraclete"?

In short, it is at least as likely that Mr Oswald told Captain Fritz he slipped up to the roof to pick up his watch and meditate p[rayerfully on the] Paracle[te]'s promise that time could be transcended as that Mr Oswald told Captain Fritz he went outside to watch the Presidential parade.

If only Agent Hosty had used clear language!   :'(

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #86 on: February 24, 2019, 01:05:45 PM »
Thank you, Mr Cakebread!  Thumb1:

"Hosty is the only person who recorded that Lee went outside to watch the President's Parade...."
-----------My point entirely!

Alan, let's examine Hosty's scribbled note....We can compare it with Willie Fritz's and James Bookhout's notes.....  because they were also present and heard Lee's replies. It would be very helpful if you'd present all of the notes as Hosty wrote them.   Because I'm now skeptical that Hosty wrote them during the interrogation, and I'm thinking that these notes that you've posted were actually written by James Bookhout.  The chronology of the events as they are recorded is important.   

O(swald) stated that he was present for work at the TSBD the morning of 11/22/63 and at noon went to lunch. He went to second floor to get a Coca- Cola to eat with lunch and returned to first floor to eat lunch. Then went outside to watch the P(resident's) parade.

"and at noon went to lunch"---The word "noon" does not mean precisely 12:00 O'clock, and I think that you'll agree that Lee did not go to lunch at 12:00 O'clock, Because all of the other employees stopped work at about 11:50 and climbed aboard the elevators and left him behind on the fifth floor. They then went to the first floor and washed up for lunch, and then some of them sat down in the Domino room and ate their lunches, and they were there in the D room until at least 12:15. ...So we don't know  at what time Lee went to the first floor, but we can assume that it must have been after 12:15.  So Hosty's note does not mean that Lee went to lunch at 12:00 O'clock. 

"He went to second floor to get a Coca-Cola to eat with lunch and returned to first floor to eat lunch."[/i---   We don't know if Lee started eating his lunch immediately, or perhaps looked at the newspaper for a few minutes before opening his lunch sack.....But since Hosty wrote that he went to the second floor lunchroom to buy a coke to drink with his lunch we must assume that he bought the coke BEFORE eating his lunch.  and THEN AFTER buying the coke he returned to the Domino Room and ate his lunch and drank the Coca Cola.

'He then went outside to watch the President's parade".....   We know that this chronology is contradictory to the notes that Hosty himself published in his book Assignment: Oswald ....  ( Those notes are posted in this thread...see link below)

And by 99% of the accounts....Baker and Truly encountered Lee in the second floor lunchroom after he'd bought the coke ......

What say you?

« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 01:46:30 PM by Walt Cakebread »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #86 on: February 24, 2019, 01:05:45 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #87 on: February 24, 2019, 01:37:53 PM »
Remain obscure.
I meant Fritz's notes. Go have another of coffee.