Users Currently Browsing This Topic:

Author Topic: ML Baker Sept '64 FBI Affidavit- Oswald and the Soda  (Read 7641 times)

Online Walt Cakebread

• This Member Has Made
    A Forum Donation!
Re: ML Baker Sept '64 FBI Affidavit- Oswald and the Soda
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2019, 12:47:59 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Question to those who believe the 2nd floor lunchroom incident involving Mr Oswald, Officer Baker and Mr Truly really happened!

Do you believe that Mr Oswald confirmed this incident to Captain Fritz?

Thumb1:

Yes... Hosty and Bookhout confirm that Oswald told them that he'd gone from the first floor to the second floor to buy a bottle of Coke from the vending machine. There would have been no reason for Lee to relate that trivial bit of info if He hadn't been encountered there by Baker.... On page 619 WR  Bookhout's report says....

"he was on the second floor of said building having just purchased a Coca Cola from the soft drink machine at which time a police officer came into the room with pistol drawn and asked if he worked there, Mr Truly was present and verified that he was an employee.".....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2019, 12:47:59 AM »

Online Walt Cakebread

• This Member Has Made
    A Forum Donation!
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2019, 12:49:53 AM »
Provide me with a link that says Officer Baker (on 11/22/63) uttered the words "I saw Oswald drinking a Coke".

You won't be able to do that. But good luck trying.

Go to hell.... I have no time for your BS.....

Online Jerry Freeman

• Mk 4:22
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2019, 12:56:49 AM »
As a side note ...there are various designations lets say on what people called carbonated beverages.
A northern term for example ..'pop'.
Saying someone was 'drinking a coke' could have applied to any variety of sodas and not necessarily Coca-Cola.
Someone has a soda in their hand --who analyzes, scrutinizes, or inspects exactly what brand?
In testimony [sidetracking] David Belin was a total jerk with his 25 question interrogation of Baker on what shirt Oswald was wearing. Baker was asked and he answered after the first question. The mentality was outrageous!   
Warren Report =

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2019, 12:56:49 AM »

Offline David Von Pein

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2019, 01:21:36 AM »
Go to hell.... I have no time for your BS.....

Yeah, that's what I thought. Cakebread's full of crap (and empty claims), as usual. Just like in all these examples below, wherein I made Cakebread look like the conspiracy-happy fantasist that he is....

« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 01:31:27 AM by David Von Pein »

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2019, 01:52:14 AM »
Provide me with a link that says Officer Baker (on 11/22/63) uttered the words "I saw Oswald drinking a Coke".

You won't be able to do that. But good luck trying.

What is this thread about, again? What is the expected outcome, in the best of all possible worlds, of the Oswald out in front obsession?
In the real world, this world, in practical (non fan-boy) terms, what is a reasonable expectation resulting from the influence of this rewrite
attempt, considering how many witness testimonies are required to be impeached for a skeptic like me to regard this as a practical (results
oriented) pursuit? I assisted Sean before he dropped out, by finding and sharing the high school yearbook photo of Bill Shelley.

Thia is not meant to be offensive, but after observing this  "movement" for close to six years now, its potential seems self serving
rather than creating any possibility of a consensus building outcome. The potential here seems extremely likely to result in the Pope convincing
his own choir, but no one outside the Vatican.

What can move entrenched minds. I impeached Armstrong's presentation premised on the Klein's postal money order being out of
sequence, but my research changed no minds. I blew up Janney's Crumb murder trial witness going missing after his 1965 trial testimony.
Albert/Brian Doyle aka Ralph Yates maintains it does not matter, despite my discovery directly causing author Janney to issue two revisions
to his fantasy novel, Mary's Mosaic.

Will the people consumed by this even consider it a masturbatory exercise, or do any involved sincerely expect the results to
change any minds, considering nothing changes their own opinions about any of their conclusions?
Would one of you stipulate to
the authenticity of the BYP under any circumstances, or for that matter, the Z-film? Why would you expect any image evidence you present
would influence anyone currently opposing your out in front image evidence, even if the images were high def with figures in dispute facing
the camera lense?

Example:
If you did not need Fritz's disclaimed (under oath) notes to support your beliefs, you would argue the notes are inadmissible.
....Mr. BALL. Do you remember what you said to Oswald and what he said to you?
Mr. FRITZ. I can remember the thing that I said to him and what he said to me, but I will have trouble telling you which period of questioning those questions were in because I kept no notes at the time, and these notes and things that I have made I would have to make several days later, and the questions may be in the wrong place. ....

.....Mr. BALL. Did you ask him what happened that day; where he had been?
Mr. FRITZ. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. What did he say?
Mr. FRITZ. Well he told me that he was eating lunch with some of the employees when this happened, and that he saw all the excitement and he didn't think--I also asked him why he left the building. He said there was so much excitement there then that "I didn't think there would be any work done that afternoon and we don't punch a clock and they don't keep very close time on our work and I just left."
Mr. BALL. At that time didn't you know that one of your officers, Baker, had seen Oswald on the second floor?
Mr. FRITZ. They told me about that down at the bookstore; I believe Mr. Truly or someone told me about it, told me they had met him--I think he told me, person who told me about, I believe told me that they met him on the stairway, but our investigation shows that he actually saw him in a lunchroom, a little lunchroom where they were eating, and he held his gun on this man and Mr. Truly told him that he worked there, and the officer let him go.
Mr. BALL. Did you question Oswald about that?
Mr. FRITZ. Yes, sir; I asked him about that and he knew that the officer stopped him all right.
Mr. BALL. Did you ask him what he was doing in the lunchroom?
Mr. FRITZ. He said he was having his lunch. He had a cheese sandwich and a Coca-Cola.
Mr. BALL. Did he tell you he was up there to get a Coca-Cola?
Mr. FRITZ. He said he had a Coca-Cola. ....

(Harry Holmes, from Sneed's "No More Silence"

I no longer know this community, ever since it divided into at least two camps in regard to Sean's PM research detail.
In the meantime, I have gotten to know David and Jean much more. Despite Jean insisting RFK was on good terms with Dulles
after his brother fired him, and David being David, I find it much easier to influence them by sharing plain facts with either,
compared to the Armstrong supporters or those obsessed with who were or were not in front of the TSBD at 12:30.

In support of David's factually correct reply to Jerry's question in the OP:
(Note that the WC requests a signed statement. There is no stipulation as to format....a typed statemenr or one written in the  hand of
the signatory...., so what is the point of the challenges I have read in this thread. Is anyone challenging the auuthenticity of the signatures?)

« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 02:14:01 AM by Tom Scully »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2019, 01:52:14 AM »

Online Jerry Freeman

• Mk 4:22
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2019, 01:57:37 AM »
I don't advocate damnation over all this. Back to the topic-- There still seems to be a strong corroboration about the lunchroom encounter with the soda. Fritz notes ...Oswald said he went to get the soda after eating. Mrs Reid sees Oswald with the soda. Officer Baker did reference seeing Oswald with a soda. You want silliness? I saw this----
In the book, Conspiracy Of One (1990, The Summit Group), author Jim Moore presents a variety of reasons why he believes Lee Harvey Oswald was the sole assassin of U.S. President John F. Kennedy. One of those reasons is on page 53, detailing the period immediately after the assassination when Oswald was spotted in the lunchroom of the Texas School Book Depository: Oswald...put a nickel in the soda machine and selected a Coca-Cola. It may be that this single action on Oswald's part holds the key to his guilt. Oswald habitually drank Dr Pepper. There can be only one realistic explanation for a miser like Oswald to fail to select his soft drink of choice-he was nervous. Three other possibilities exist, all unlikely: 1. Oswald really bought a Dr Pepper and every witness questioned recalled it as a Coca-Cola 2. The soda machine was out of Dr Pepper.
 3. The soda machine-a Coca-Cola product, malfunctioned in favor of its manufacturer.
"......every witness questioned recalled it as a Coca-Cola."----actually no one said it was a Coca Cola.
  See? Oswald was guilty because he indeed did have a coke  [It's the Real Thing]          :-\

Offline David Von Pein

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2019, 02:18:27 AM »
In the book, Conspiracy Of One (1990, The Summit Group), author Jim Moore presents a variety of reasons why he believes Lee Harvey Oswald was the sole assassin of U.S. President John F. Kennedy. One of those reasons is on page 53, detailing the period immediately after the assassination when Oswald was spotted in the lunchroom of the Texas School Book Depository:

Oswald...put a nickel in the soda machine and selected a Coca-Cola. It may be that this single action on Oswald's part holds the key to his guilt. Oswald habitually drank Dr Pepper. There can be only one realistic explanation for a miser like Oswald to fail to select his soft drink of choice---he was nervous. Three other possibilities exist, all unlikely:

1. Oswald really bought a Dr Pepper and every witness questioned recalled it as a Coca-Cola.

2. The soda machine was out of Dr Pepper.

3. The soda machine---a Coca-Cola product---malfunctioned in favor of its manufacturer.

Of course, author Jim Moore, at the time he wrote the above statements in his book (1990 or earlier), had no idea that the Coke machine on the second floor very likely did not dispense "Dr. Pepper" at all....because it was later learned that the "Dr. Pepper" machine was located on the first floor and not the second. (See CD496; Photo 7 below.)

« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 02:48:11 AM by David Von Pein »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2019, 02:18:27 AM »

Offline David Von Pein

« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2019, 02:33:04 AM »
Quote from: Tom Scully
In support of David's factually correct reply to Jerry's question in the OP:

Thanks for linking to that document, Tom. It gives me one more link to add to my "Baker/Coke" page at my site.

The version of that page that appears in CD1526 (below) doesn't include the last paragraph which verifies the reason for the WC wanting the Sept. '64 Baker/Truly statements....

« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 02:40:21 AM by David Von Pein »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2019, 02:33:04 AM »

Online Alan Ford

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2019, 06:04:52 AM »
Yes, of course he did.

Oswald knew he couldn't lie his way out of that question like he did with so many others that Fritz asked him. Oswald knew there were TWO other people who would confirm where the "encounter" took place, so he admitted it to Fritz.

Plus, he admitted it because he knew that just because he was in the lunchroom a minute or two after the shooting, that didn't have to mean he was the assassin. So he felt comfortable telling the truth (for once).

Thank you for your clear answer, Mr von Pein!  Thumb1:

If Mr Oswald did indeed indeed confirm the 2nd floor lunchroom incident, then how do we explain this from Agent Hosty?

Did Mr Oswald tell Captain Fritz he went to the 2nd fl lunchroom to buy a coke, came downstairs to eat his lunch, went out front to watch the parade, then (just after the shooting) went to the 2nd fl lunchroom to buy a coke, came downstairs to eat his lunch, went out front?

Online Alan Ford

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2019, 06:14:58 AM »

Yes... Hosty and Bookhout confirm that Oswald told them that he'd gone from the first floor to the second floor to buy a bottle of Coke from the vending machine. There would have been no reason for Lee to relate that trivial bit of info if He hadn't been encountered there by Baker.... On page 619 WR  Bookhout's report says....

"he was on the second floor of said building having just purchased a Coca Cola from the soft drink machine at which time a police officer came into the room with pistol drawn and asked if he worked there, Mr Truly was present and verified that he was an employee.".....

Thank you for your clear answer, Mr Cakebread!  Thumb1:

If Mr Oswald did confirm a post-shooting 2nd fl lunchroom incident, why then does Agent Hosty, in his unpublished notes below, tell us that Mr Oswald told them that, after buying a bottle of Coke from the vending machine, he "went outside to watch P. Parade"?

A post-assassination Presidential Parade? Really?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2019, 06:14:58 AM »

Mobile View