Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: ML Baker Sept '64 FBI Affidavit- Oswald and the Soda  (Read 26379 times)

Online Royell Storing

Re: ML Baker Sept '64 FBI Affidavit- Oswald and the Soda
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2019, 07:38:37 PM »
Advertisement
Two things.

Is that handwritten affidavit supposed to be hand written BY Baker himself?   Or did someone else write it for him to sign?

Second, I find the phrase "bullet shot" to be very unusual. I've never heard that phrase before and I doubt a police officer would use it.

I thought the strangest language used was when Baker wrote/said, "I had entered the building in an effort to determine if the shots might have come FROM this building". This phrasing gives the impression that Baker felt the shots might have been fired from INSIDE the TSBD.  Officer Baker's story has always been that he saw pigeons flying from the TOP of the TSBD after he heard the shots and he then assumed that the shots had been fired from the Roof of the TSBD. The phrasing being used in this statement is an attempt to make the reader believe that Office Baker entered the TSBD believing that shots had been fired from INSIDE the TSBD. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2019, 07:38:37 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2019, 10:13:50 PM »
      I thought the strangest language used was when Baker wrote/said, "I had entered the building in an effort to determine if the shots might have come FROM this building". This phrasing gives the impression that Baker felt the shots might have been fired from INSIDE the TSBD.  Officer Baker's story has always been that he saw pigeons flying from the TOP of the TSBD after he heard the shots and he then assumed that the shots had been fired from the Roof of the TSBD. The phrasing being used in this statement is an attempt to make the reader believe that Office Baker entered the TSBD believing that shots had been fired from INSIDE the TSBD.

Excellent point, Royell....  "I entered this building in an effort to determine if the shots may have come from this building" 

On November 22, Baker said that he thought the sound may have came from the roof of the TSBD because he saw pigeons fly up from behind the Hertz sign that was on the roof.

But By September of 64....He was the perfect monday morning quarterback. 
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 10:23:05 PM by Walt Cakebread »

Online David Von Pein

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2019, 11:17:26 PM »
But we had to get rid of that soda stuff..it just didn't look good.

But they couldn't just simply TEAR UP AND THROW AWAY the original affidavit that says "drinking a Coke" and write up a new one, could they? No, they wanted to KEEP that document (and not even cross out the word "Coke" entirely, which was another possibility if they wanted to HIDE the Coke).

You CTers need a new hobby. This one is just too embarrassing for you guys now.

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2010/06/dr-pepper-talk.html
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 11:21:23 PM by David Von Pein »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2019, 11:17:26 PM »

Online David Von Pein

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2019, 11:19:37 PM »
Is that handwritten affidavit supposed to be hand written BY Baker himself? Or did someone else write it for him to sign?

It was very likely written by an FBI agent.

More....
http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2010/07/oswald-baker-truly-and-coca-cola.html

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2019, 11:27:12 PM »
FRITZ: Okay, son, so you admit one of our men saw you in the lunchroom on the second floor?

OSWALD: Naturally if I was in the lunchroom at that time, yes, sir.

FRITZ: What were you doing there?

OSWALD: I had just bought a Coca Cola from the machine they have in there.

FRITZ: What did the officer say to you?

OSWALD: Well, he put a pistol up to my stomach and said 'Do you work here?' I told him I did, and my boss Mr Truly told him I was telling the truth.

FRITZ: What happened next?

OSWALD: Well, they went racing up the stairs.

FRITZ: What did you do then?

OSWALD: Well, I figured the policeman had given me a warning not to miss the President's visit. He and Mr Truly sure looked real keen to get upstairs for a good view of the parade themselves. So I brought my Coca Cola downstairs and went outside to watch the parade.

FRITZ: Did you speak to anyone on the way down?

OSWALD: Yes, sir. As I was going through the office towards the front stairway, a woman who works up there said to me, 'The President should be shot! But I hope they don't kill him.'

FRITZ: What did you say to her?

OSWALD: Oh nothing. I just muttered 'Crazy damn fascist' under my breath. Then I went downstairs and out front.

FRITZ: Let me get this clear, son. You're saying you went outside to watch the Presidential Parade?

OSWALD: Yes, sir. I went out on to the front steps.

FRITZ: What did you see when you got out onto the steps?

OSWALD: Well, it looked like people were real unhappy about the President coming to town. There was screaming and hollering and crying.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2019, 11:27:12 PM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2019, 11:35:27 PM »

Dear Royell,

Do you think the flock of pigeons might have been motivated to suddenly leave the roof due to a gun's being fired from the sixth floor (think shockwave and loud sound), or only by its being fired from the roof, itself, or perhaps from somewhere else in Dealey Plaza?

If you had been Baker, would you have thought the shots must have come from the roof?

Taking the above questions into consideration, how would you have written that statement if you had been Baker?

-- Mudd Wrassler Tommy  :)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 11:48:43 PM by Thomas Graves »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2019, 11:38:14 PM »
Question to those who believe the 2nd floor lunchroom incident involving Mr Oswald, Officer Baker and Mr Truly really happened!

Do you believe that Mr Oswald confirmed this incident to Captain Fritz?

Thumb1:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2019, 11:38:14 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2019, 11:38:39 PM »
But they couldn't just simply TEAR UP AND THROW AWAY the original affidavit that says "drinking a Coke" and write up a new one, could they? No, they wanted to KEEP that document (and not even cross out the word "Coke" entirely, which was another possibility if they wanted to HIDE the Coke).

You CTers need a new hobby. This one is just too embarrassing for you guys now.

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2010/06/dr-pepper-talk.html

But they couldn't just simply TEAR UP AND THROW AWAY the original affidavit that says "drinking a Coke" and write up a new one, could they?

Bravo!!...  Great acting Von Pea brain....   Or are you acting?....  Perhaps you really are this dumb... Any person of average intelligence can see that the whole idea behind the affidavit was to expunge the statements that Baker had spoken on 11/22/63....