Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: ML Baker Sept '64 FBI Affidavit- Oswald and the Soda  (Read 26398 times)

Offline Jerry Freeman

ML Baker Sept '64 FBI Affidavit- Oswald and the Soda
« on: February 21, 2019, 05:44:05 AM »
Advertisement
Ptm Baker had already given his testimony to the Warren Commission but for some unknown reason the FBI had him come in, sit down and hand write another affidavit just before the Commission's works went into print. This document was entered as CE-3076.
In his testimony, the Coke machine was mentioned but there was no mention of Oswald drinking a beverage.
However in his first mention of the lunchroom encounter Baker stated that they [He and Truly] had made their way up to the third or forth floor before Oswald was encountered. That seems rather puzzling. By the time he testified though, he had learned to count to two.
 "Mr. Belin - What happened?"
Mr. BAKER -" As I came out to the second floor there, Mr. Truly was ahead of me, and as I come out I was kind of scanning, you know, the rooms, and I caught a glimpse of this man walking away from this--I happened to see him through this window in this door. I don't know how come I saw him, but I had a glimpse of him coming down there."         
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/baker_m3.htm
Mr Baker had mentioned that Oswald was drinking a coke in earlier interviews. Apparently this could have been the reasoning for the last minute affidavit. 

The words drinking a Coke are crossed out. I suppose it seemed a bit much to have to fit all that in after an alleged super dive from the sixth floor.

JFK Assassination Forum

ML Baker Sept '64 FBI Affidavit- Oswald and the Soda
« on: February 21, 2019, 05:44:05 AM »

Online David Von Pein

Re: ML Baker Sept '64 FBI Affidavit- Oswald and the Soda
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 10:30:36 AM »
The Baker (and Truly) 9/23/64 statements are explained here:

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2010/07/oswald-baker-truly-and-coca-cola.html
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 10:31:58 AM by David Von Pein »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 02:53:08 PM »
The Baker (and Truly) 9/23/64 statements are explained here:

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2010/07/oswald-baker-truly-and-coca-cola.html

Ah yes..... The statements need to be "explained".   

The truth is....They liars of LBJ's cover up committee needed to expunge the  fact that Lee Oswald was drinking a coke when Baker burst into the second floor lunchroom....   Because that fact made the theory that Lee had charged from the SE corner of the sixth floor to the second floor lunchroom after the murder of JFK , a humanly impossible act.   Thus the liars were desperate to expunge Bakers statement about seeing Lee drinking a coke.....

In the immediate aftermath of the murder, the DPD were desperate to paint an ugly portrait of the arch villain Lee Harrrrrrvey Osssssswald Boooooo! Hisssss ! And the  idea that an officer had seen that cold blooded fiend calmly drinking a coke just seconds after he'd blew the President's brains out  seemed like a grand way to show the public what a inhuman fiend he was.   Later when the cover up committee attempted to "re-construct" the imaginary scenario they found that Lee Oswald could not have shot JFK as the DPD had pretended.  Because that damned coke that their own officer had said he saw Lee drinking would have required about 30 seconds to purchase..... and there wasn't a single second to spare in "re-enacting" the crime as they theorized it had happened.

Thus they were compelled to expunge Baker's sworn affidavit.....  And you Mr DVP are a damned fool if you think  that anybody will believe the garbage you have linked to....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 02:53:08 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2019, 03:21:03 PM »
And you also think Baker uttered the words "drinking a Coke"....even though we know from his WC testimony months earlier that Baker said he didn't see Oswald with any Coke on November 22nd.
Baker wasn't asked about the soda!---and Belin wasn't about to ask.
Cops are trained in testimony to not volunteer information that isn't asked.
A re-inspection of the signature on the affidavit looks like looks like M L Baker is written differently from the "I, Marion L Baker" and the signed M L Baker. Look at the M -- Look at the L---[almost looks like the L that Lee Harvey made] the B is different--- Did Baker really sign it? Who knows? But we had to get rid of that soda stuff..it just didn't look good.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2019, 03:52:30 PM »
Baker wasn't asked about the soda!---and Belin wasn't about to ask.
Cops are trained in testimony to not volunteer information that isn't asked.
A re-inspection of the signature on the affidavit looks like looks like M L Baker is written differently from the "I, Marion L Baker" and the signed M L Baker. Look at the M -- Look at the L---[almost looks like the L that Lee Harvey made] the B is different--- Did Baker really sign it? Who knows? But we had to get rid of that soda stuff..it just didn't look good.

But we had to get rid of that soda stuff..it just didn't look good.

It wasn't simply a matter of, "not looking good"...   That coke was crucial to Lee's alibi....  ( an alibi is simply a a defense in which the accused presents evidence of his innocence )   Lee had told his interrogators that he was in the second floor lunchroom DRINKING A COKE  when the motorcycle cop with a gun in his hand burst into the lunchroom and demanded to know what he was doing there.   Naturally, Capt Fritz asked Baker if he'd seen Lee Oswald in the Lunchroom.   And Baker had confirmed that he had seen the Lee Oswald in the lunchroom drinking a coke after the shooting.

Lee had a solid alibi that was supported by an officer of the DPD.....    The murderers knew that they could not allow him to live to defend himself......
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 07:04:44 PM by Walt Cakebread »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2019, 03:52:30 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2019, 04:32:06 PM »
  That coke was crucial to Lee's alibi....
Thumb1: Of course that is what I meant by 'it didn't look good'. The precious seconds it took to wiggle around the book stacks on the sixth floor...conceal a weapon... fly down the stairs ...dig change out of a pocket...select the right coins...deposit money...select drink...wait for drink to ka-chink out of the machine...open...then start consuming, didn't sit well with the concept of an agitated killer going on the run. 

Offline Louis Earl

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2019, 05:43:03 PM »
Two things.

Is that handwritten affidavit supposed to be hand written BY Baker himself?   Or did someone else write it for him to sign?

Second, I find the phrase "bullet shot" to be very unusual. I've never heard that phrase before and I doubt a police officer would use it.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2019, 05:43:03 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2019, 07:11:51 PM »
Two things.

Is that handwritten affidavit supposed to be hand written BY Baker himself?   Or did someone else write it for him to sign?

Second, I find the phrase "bullet shot" to be very unusual. I've never heard that phrase before and I doubt a police officer would use it.

Nice Catch....But it's simply a matter of starting to write one thought and then change of thought before the writer has finished the sentence... I do it quite frequently..

Obviously Baker meant either "GUN" shots, or "RIFLE" shots.......

As I recall Baker never actually wrote this affidavit..... It was written by one of Hoover's agents ( SURPRISE !)