Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: ML Baker Sept '64 FBI Affidavit- Oswald and the Soda  (Read 26374 times)

Offline Dale Nason

Re: ML Baker Sept '64 FBI Affidavit- Oswald and the Soda
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2019, 12:37:09 PM »
Advertisement
Alan, what's the reference for this interview of LHO by Capt Fritz?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2019, 12:37:09 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2019, 12:59:05 PM »
It isn't surprising that the killer of the POTUS was the centre of any witness recollection ...  at least those who encountered him within minutes of the murder. It makes perfect sense.

Way to miss the point, Mr Howsley!  Thumb1:

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2019, 01:21:04 PM »
Alan, what's the reference for this interview of LHO by Capt Fritz?

I don't understand the question, Mr Nason!

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2019, 01:21:04 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2019, 02:13:11 PM »
Friends, we must take time to let the full implications of the newly-revealed Hosty notes sink in!

Mr Oswald's claim to have gone "outside to watch P. Parade" is completely incompatible with his having just been told by Mrs Reid that JFK had been shot.

Why would Mr Oswald make such a claim?

Let's suppose he's lying, shall we? Let's suppose he was the 6th fl shooter...

-----------He ran down the back stairs and went into the 2nd fl lunchroom
-----------An officer yelled to him and challenged him at gunpoint
-----------His boss vouched for him
-----------He took his coke through the 2nd fl office area and was passed by a woman saying 'The President has been shot!'
-----------He went downstairs and out.

OK! So Mr Oswald in custody knows he was seen by 3 people on the 2nd floor. This is hardly a disaster----------in fact it's an enormous stroke of luck, something he can easily build into a story of having been on the 2nd floor at the time of the shooting.... Puts quite some distance between him and that 6th fl window!  Thumb1:

So! He freely admits to what he can be sure those 3 people are going to be telling the police anyway:

-------------I was eating lunch in the 2nd fl lunchroom when a cop came in
-------------Wondering what was wrong, I immediately made my way to the front stairs
-------------A lady told me what had just happened outside
-------------I went out to see what was going on.

All very easy, no? Our shooter has managed----somehow!-----not to be seen on one of the upper floors. Now he has in his favor no fewer than 3 sightings of him by respectable people.

About the most idiotic thing he can do is to pretend these things never happened and tell Captain Fritz, "Well, I went outside to watch the Presidential parade".

Yet-----------that is just what he says!

Why would he tell such a wholly unnecessary lie?  ???

And NB NB NB!: Why would his obvious lie be suppressed by Captain Fritz & Co. and only reach the light of day 55 years later?   :o
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 02:44:56 PM by Alan Ford »

Offline Dale Nason

« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2019, 03:27:26 PM »
FRITZ: Okay, son, so you admit one of our men saw you in the lunchroom on the second floor?

OSWALD: Naturally if I was in the lunchroom at that time, yes, sir.

FRITZ: What were you doing there?

OSWALD: I had just bought a Coca Cola from the machine they have in there.

FRITZ: What did the officer say to you?

OSWALD: Well, he put a pistol up to my stomach and said 'Do you work here?' I told him I did, and my boss Mr Truly told him I was telling the truth.

FRITZ: What happened next?

OSWALD: Well, they went racing up the stairs.

FRITZ: What did you do then?

OSWALD: Well, I figured the policeman had given me a warning not to miss the President's visit. He and Mr Truly sure looked real keen to get upstairs for a good view of the parade themselves. So I brought my Coca Cola downstairs and went outside to watch the parade.

FRITZ: Did you speak to anyone on the way down?

OSWALD: Yes, sir. As I was going through the office towards the front stairway, a woman who works up there said to me, 'The President should be shot! But I hope they don't kill him.'

FRITZ: What did you say to her?

OSWALD: Oh nothing. I just muttered 'Crazy damn fascist' under my breath. Then I went downstairs and out front.

FRITZ: Let me get this clear, son. You're saying you went outside to watch the Presidential Parade?

OSWALD: Yes, sir. I went out on to the front steps.

FRITZ: What did you see when you got out onto the steps?

OSWALD: Well, it looked like people were real unhappy about the President coming to town. There was screaming and hollering and crying.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2019, 03:27:26 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #69 on: February 23, 2019, 04:48:38 PM »
Now! As for Mrs Reid!

Don't you find it just a teeny weeny bitsy bit... odd that three people standing out front together for the motorcade---------Mr Truly, Mr Campbell, Mrs Reid-----------would be the only three people to have talked about seeing Mr Oswald right after the assassination? Not seeing him together in the one sighting, mind. No! Immediately after the shots, our trio split up and went their separate ways, yet each somehow managed to do what not a single other person working in that building did----------see Mr Oswald and talk about the fact.

Don't be fooled! Mrs Reid was brought in by the man she reported to (Mr Truly) to lend support to his ridiculous lunchroom story. That's why her name is written (misspelled) at the bottom of his Saturday affidivat: he fed her to them.

If only if only if only Mrs G. L. Hine hadn't been in that 2nd fl office during the motorcade! Talk about complicating the plot! :'(

Mrs Reid was brought in by the man she reported to (Mr Truly) to lend support to his ridiculous lunchroom story.

Alan, you can't simply ignore the evidence and make up your own plot....

I believe the evidence shows at Lee went from the first floor Domino Room to the second floor lunchroom at about the time that JFK was murdered.....He may have been in that lunchroom  at the time the shots were fired and never heard them...And that would explain why he was startled when Baker burst into the lunchroom....

I doubt that he had a clue what was going on until he went outside....  And even then he didn't realize that JFK had been shot.    He certainly heard people talking about the shots being fired but nobody actually knew that JFK had been hit.....( Recall Mrs Reid saying that she didn't know if JFK had been hit)   

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #70 on: February 23, 2019, 05:18:46 PM »
Mrs Reid was brought in by the man she reported to (Mr Truly) to lend support to his ridiculous lunchroom story.

Alan, you can't simply ignore the evidence and make up your own plot....

I believe the evidence shows at Lee went from the first floor Domino Room to the second floor lunchroom at about the time that JFK was murdered.....He may have been in that lunchroom  at the time the shots were fired and never heard them...And that would explain why he was startled when Baker burst into the lunchroom....

I doubt that he had a clue what was going on until he went outside....  And even then he didn't realize that JFK had been shot.    He certainly heard people talking about the shots being fired but nobody actually knew that JFK had been hit.....( Recall Mrs Reid saying that she didn't know if JFK had been hit)

So Mr Oswald is challenged at gunpoint by a cop, learns from Mrs Reid that shots have been fired outside and says to himself, 'Gee, think I'll go outside to watch the parade'.

The parade??

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #70 on: February 23, 2019, 05:18:46 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #71 on: February 23, 2019, 10:47:48 PM »
Friends, we must take time to let the full implications of the newly-revealed Hosty notes sink in!

Mr Oswald's claim to have gone "outside to watch P. Parade" is completely incompatible with his having just been told by Mrs Reid that JFK had been shot.

Why would Mr Oswald make such a claim?

Let's suppose he's lying, shall we? Let's suppose he was the 6th fl shooter...

-----------He ran down the back stairs and went into the 2nd fl lunchroom
-----------An officer yelled to him and challenged him at gunpoint
-----------His boss vouched for him
-----------He took his coke through the 2nd fl office area and was passed by a woman saying 'The President has been shot!'
-----------He went downstairs and out.

OK! So Mr Oswald in custody knows he was seen by 3 people on the 2nd floor. This is hardly a disaster----------in fact it's an enormous stroke of luck, something he can easily build into a story of having been on the 2nd floor at the time of the shooting.... Puts quite some distance between him and that 6th fl window!  Thumb1:

So! He freely admits to what he can be sure those 3 people are going to be telling the police anyway:

-------------I was eating lunch in the 2nd fl lunchroom when a cop came in
-------------Wondering what was wrong, I immediately made my way to the front stairs
-------------A lady told me what had just happened outside
-------------I went out to see what was going on.

All very easy, no? Our shooter has managed----somehow!-----not to be seen on one of the upper floors. Now he has in his favor no fewer than 3 sightings of him by respectable people.

About the most idiotic thing he can do is to pretend these things never happened and tell Captain Fritz, "Well, I went outside to watch the Presidential parade".

Why would he tell such a wholly unnecessary lie?  ???

And NB NB NB!: Why would his obvious lie be suppressed by Captain Fritz & Co. and only reach the light of day 55 years later?   :o

NO!...That is what Hosty says he said....   At the time of the interrogation (3:15 pm 11/22/63) Lee probably wasn't too concerned with being precise.... He was under the impression that he was a suspect in the death of some cop.   I doubt that he was very careful in making sure he was precise in recalling his actions at the TSBD...because I'm sure he knew that there was no cop killed there.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 11:21:03 PM by Walt Cakebread »