Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: JJA Said "LHO" Dealt With Ruskie Triple-Agent in M.C.  (Read 4214 times)

Offline Thomas Graves

Advertisement
And here's Part II.

-- Tommy  :)

PS  Mission Impossible:

... NOW convince Peter Dale Scott that Anatoliy Golitsyn was a ... gasp ... true defector.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 08:04:10 PM by Thomas Graves »

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Thomas Graves

All three Soviet embassy officials/KGB senior agents said the man they met over two days was Oswald. It wasn't just Kostikov.

Oswald asked for a visa to return to the Soviet Union. Do you think an impostor would ask for a visa? The Soviets had photos of Oswald; any impostor asking for a visa would be immediately identified as not being the real Oswald.

And Oswald wrote a letter to the Soviet Embassy in the US discussing his visit.

Here are the agents being interviewed in 1992 for the PBS Frontline show "Who was Lee Harvey Oswald?" From left to right: Kostikov, Yatskov and Nechiporenko.

Steve,

(I watched that video about a year ago.)

Bearing in mind that I don't necessarily believe Oswald shot at anyone on 11/22/63 (maybe not even for Khrushchev or Castro -- lol), have you considered the possibility that he didn't go to Mexico City (I mean, that's what he told Fritz & Co., right?), or at least didn't go to the Soviet Consulate, and maybe not even to the Cuban Consulate? And even if he did, would you really expect these three KGB guys to tell us the truth about their interactions with him?

How about another KGB guy who was down there  -- one of the two guys Angleton seemed to be obsessed with in his top-secret 1975 and 1976 Church Committee testimony -- (short, blond, very thin-faced "Third Secretary") Nikolai Leonov, the guy who claimed in 1993 to have met one-on-one with ... yep ... an emotional, revolver-packin' Oswald at the Soviet Embassy on Sunday, September 29?

Do you believe HIM?

LOL

Do you believe these guys because they tell you what you want to hear -- that the KGB had had nothing to do with the assassination of JFK?  Because they basically echo what (false defector) Yuri Nosenko told CIA about six weeks after the assassination -- that Oswald was crazy and therefore KGB didn't even interview him, and therefore KGB didn't have anything to do with the assassination of JFK?

LOL

Question:  Why believe Nechiporenko, Yatskov, and Kostikov about anything?

Because "the Cold War ended in 1991," and all "former" KGB officers decided to "come clean" with their newfound friends in the West?

You do realize that the Cold War never ended as far as the Kremlin was concerned, right?

(To be continued)

« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 03:09:16 PM by Thomas Graves »

Offline Thomas Graves

On December 5, Steve M. Galbraith wrote:

Tommy: As you probably know, KGB officer Yuri Nosenko defected shortly after the assassination (January of '64) and said he was in charge of the KGB's monitoring of Oswald. He said that Oswald was never considered being used by the KGB - Oswald was considered too unstable and risky - and that he was monitored while in Minsk under suspicion he was a CIA agent. Additionally, the late Norman Mailer interviewed over a dozen KGB agents and saw a number of files on Oswald and none showed that the KGB used him for any intelligence purposes.

It's true that the Soviet KGB and the Belarus KGB have never released all of the files they had on Oswald. But Yeltsin gave some to Clinton in 1992 and there's other evidence that Oswald was considered an "oddball" by the KGB.

As to Soviet files on Oswald: here's an interesting piece by Max Holland on this material: https://www.washingtondecoded.com/.m/site/files/a_coldwar_odyssey.pdf

For me, there's frankly no evidence for your theory.

The CIA file on Obyedkov indicates he was just that: an Embassy guard although there were suspicions he was working for the KGB.

Obviously if one thinks this was all disinformation then there's nothing I can say to persuade them otherwise.

Steve,

DECEMBER 28 EDIT OF MY DECEMBER 05 POST:

Have you read the pertinent parts of Angleton's June 19, 1975 Church Committee testimony (in which he mentions  the name "Byetkov*?" at the very top of MFF's page 16) and his February 9, 1976 testimony in which he talks about triple-agent "Byetkov*?" / Obyedkov not by name but under the rubric of "the second hangnail" (the first being short, blond, very thin-faced, 35 year-old Nikolai Leonov)?

I don't remember saying that the KGB definitely recruited Marine Corps radar operator Oswald while he was living in the USSR for two and one-half years (although I must admit that I rather fancy Ion Pacepa's assertions in that regard).

Regardless, if you believe Nosenko on anything, then it's obvious to me that you have neither read Tennent H. Bagley's 2007 book Spy Wars, nor watched John M. Newman's  two-part "Spy Wars" presentation from March of this year.

Question:  What are we to make of Angleton's assertion to the Church Committee that the Russian guy who volunteered the radioactive name "Kostikov" to Oswald (or, more likely, to an Oswald impostor) over a surely-known-by-him-to-be-tapped-by-the-CIA Soviet Embassy phone line on 10/01/63, Ivan Obyedkov, was not the double-agent that the CIA thought it had successfully recruited,  but a triple-agent, still loyal to the Kremlin?

(More to come, later ...)

But right now, directly from the Lieutenant Columbo "Oh, Just One More Thing" Department:

1) Do you really believe Aleksei Kulak (Fedora) was a true double-agent, i.e., secretly working for the FBI for 15 years?

2) Do you believe Obyedkov was not recruited as a double-agent by the CIA?  What are we to make, then, of the enormous number of redactions in Obyedkov's 201 file?

--  Tommy  :)

Bagley's book:
https://archive.org/details/SpyWarsMolesMysteriesAndDeadlyGames/page/n3

Part I of Newman's "Spy Wars" presentation:

(Edited and bumped for Steve M. Galbraith)

« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 03:42:28 AM by Thomas Graves »

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Thomas Graves

Re: JJA Said "LHO" Dealt With Ruskie Triple-Agent in M.C.
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2019, 08:53:38 AM »
In his top-secret June 19, 1975, Church Committee testimony, James Jesus Angleton, the recently fired long-time chief of CIA Counterintelligence, mentioned Ivan Obyedkov, the surprisingly well-paid Mexico City Soviet Embassy security guard who, according to the transcript of a CIA phone-tap on the Soviet Embassy, volunteered the radioactive name "Kostikov" to a "Lee Oswald" in Mexico City on October 1,1963.

"Radioactive" because J. Edgar Hoover's beloved KGB triple agent "Fedora," in concert with two other Russians -- a witting or unwitting undercover KGB officer at the U.N., and "Tumbleweed," a mysterious FBI double-agent from East Germany -- had "implicated" Kostikov a couple of months ealier as a high-ranking officer in the KGB sabotage-and-assassination department known as Department 13 of the First Chief Directorate (FCD).

I'm speaking, of course, of Aleksey Kulak, Oleg Brykin, and Guenter Schulz, respectively.

It seems clear to me that, contrary to what many conspiracy theorists fervently believe, Oswald may have been telephonically impersonated in Mexico City by a Soviet, and in support of my theory I'd like to remind the reader that there's a scrap of paper in CIA files that states that the caller to the Soviet Embassy on 9/28/63 had difficulty making himself understood in both English and Russian. https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=50273&relPageId=5 

I believe that the apparent incongruity of a Russian "Oswald" not being able to speak Russian well can be explained by the impersonator's not realizing that Oswald was a fluent speaker of that language, and that he had therefore intentionally spoken it poorly in his misguided attempt to imitate Oswald.

Angleton alluded to Obyedkov's being a triple-agent in his June 19, 1975, Church Committee testimony (at the very top of MFF page 16), but the court reporter or transcriber mis-spelled his name as "Byetkov."  (It's interesting to note that somebody who had access to this document wrote a "?" above "Byetkov" in the transcript; interesting in that it suggests that the name was mis-spelled and therefore unidentifiable to that reader.)

Bill Simpich recently wrote in a FB Message to me that he agrees with my conclusion that this "Byetkov*?" must have been Ivan Obyedkov. In Chapter 5 of "State Secret," Simpich points out that Angleton talks about this triple-agent for about five consecutive pages in his February 9, 1976, Church Committee testimony, in which Angleton refers to him not by name, but as "the second hangnail".

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=1434#relPageId=50&tab=page

But I digress.

My theory is that Khrushchev (probably with Castro's help) planned to assassinate charismatic anti-Communist JFK (as to why, read page chapter 10 of Mark Riebling's book Wedge: The Secret War Between the FBI and CIA -- linked below), and Obyedkov's KGB superiors, knowing that the Soviet Embassy phone was tapped by the CIA (and knowing that Valeriy Kostikov was already suspected by the CIA and FBI of being "Department 13", see above) had Obyedkov and a Russian "Oswald" (possibly the same KGB officer who had provided Sylvia Duran with passport-sized photo(s) of Oswald -- "Third Secretary/ Assistant Cultural Attache" Nikolai Leonov, aka The Blond Oswald In Mexico City) telephonically plant a John Newman-like "WW III Virus" in Oswald's CIA file in order to force Armageddon-fearing CIA (and egg-on-face-fearing FBI) into covering up, after the assassination, any and all evidence of KGB and/or DGI involvement in it.

PS  As a footnote of sorts, it's interesting to note that Obyedkov's 48-page 201 file is very highly redacted, with several pages completely blank. I believe this fact tends to support Angleton's assertion that CIA thought that it had "doubled" Obyedkov.
https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=147718&search=201-779495#relPageId=1&tab=page

As promised, here's chapter 10 from "Wedge"--
https://archive.org/details/WedgeFromPearlHarborTo911HowTheSecretWarBetweenTheFBIAndCIAHasEndangeredNationalSecurity/page/n372

edited and bumped
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 01:55:37 AM by Thomas Graves »

Offline Thomas Graves

On December 5, Steve M. Galbraith wrote:

Tommy: As you probably know, KGB officer Yuri Nosenko defected shortly after the assassination (January of '64) and said he was in charge of the KGB's monitoring of Oswald. He said that Oswald was never considered being used by the KGB - Oswald was considered too unstable and risky - and that he was monitored while in Minsk under suspicion he was a CIA agent. Additionally, the late Norman Mailer interviewed over a dozen KGB agents and saw a number of files on Oswald and none showed that the KGB used him for any intelligence purposes.

It's true that the Soviet KGB and the Belarus KGB have never released all of the files they had on Oswald. But Yeltsin gave some to Clinton in 1992 and there's other evidence that Oswald was considered an "oddball" by the KGB.

As to Soviet files on Oswald: here's an interesting piece by Max Holland on this material: https://www.washingtondecoded.com/.m/site/files/a_coldwar_odyssey.pdf

For me, there's frankly no evidence for your theory.

The CIA file on Obyedkov indicates he was just that: an Embassy guard although there were suspicions he was working for the KGB.

Obviously if one thinks this was all disinformation then there's nothing I can say to persuade them otherwise.

Steve,

DECEMBER 28 EDIT OF MY DECEMBER 05 POST:

Have you read the pertinent parts of Angleton's June 19, 1975 Church Committee testimony (in which he mentions  the name "Byetkov*?" at the very top of MFF's page 16) and his February 9, 1976 testimony in which he talks about triple-agent "Byetkov*?" / Obyedkov not by name but under the rubric of "the second hangnail" (the first being short, blond, very thin-faced, 35 year-old Nikolai Leonov)?

I don't remember saying that the KGB definitely recruited Marine Corps radar operator Oswald while he was living in the USSR for two and one-half years (although I must admit that I rather fancy Ion Pacepa's assertions in that regard).

Regardless, if you believe Nosenko on anything, then it's obvious to me that you have neither read Tennent H. Bagley's 2007 book Spy Wars, nor watched John M. Newman's  two-part "Spy Wars" presentation from March of this year.

Question:  What are we to make of Angleton's assertion to the Church Committee that the Russian guy who volunteered the radioactive name "Kostikov" to Oswald (or, more likely, to an Oswald impostor) over a surely-known-by-him-to-be-tapped-by-the-CIA Soviet Embassy phone line on 10/01/63, Ivan Obyedkov, was not the double-agent that the CIA thought it had successfully recruited,  but a triple-agent, still loyal to the Kremlin?

(More to come, later ...)

But right now, directly from the Lieutenant Columbo "Oh, Just One More Thing" Department:

1) Do you really believe Aleksei Kulak (Fedora) was a true double-agent, i.e., secretly working for the FBI for 15 years?

2) Do you believe Obyedkov was not recruited as a double-agent by the CIA?  What are we to make, then, of the enormous number of redactions in Obyedkov's 201 file?

Bagley's book:
https://archive.org/details/SpyWarsMolesMysteriesAndDeadlyGames/page/n3

Part I of Newman's "Spy Wars" presentation:

(Edited and bumped for Steve M. Galbraith)

Bumped again for "hit and run" Galbraith.

-- MWT   ;)

JFK Assassination Forum