Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Roses Are Red...  (Read 11010 times)

Offline Rob Caprio

Roses Are Red...
« on: February 14, 2019, 06:05:42 PM »
Advertisement
...and you are dead.

I have been told, and I have read, over the years that Jackie Kennedy was given red roses because they were out of yellow ones. This sounds ridiculous, but I have accepted it despite her receiving yellow roses just the day before.

Imagine my surprise when listening to as it happened coverage on KLIF when hearing Lady Bird Johnson received YELLOW roses at Love Field upon arrival!

Those roses were a signal most likely IMO. Yellow=abort. Red=go.

JFK Assassination Forum

Roses Are Red...
« on: February 14, 2019, 06:05:42 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Roses Are Red...
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2019, 06:18:47 PM »
...and you are dead.

I have been told, and I have read, over the years that Jackie Kennedy was given red roses because they were out of yellow ones. This sounds ridiculous, but I have accepted it despite her receiving yellow roses just the day before.

Imagine my surprise when listening to as it happened coverage on KLIF when hearing Lady Bird Johnson received YELLOW roses at Love Field upon arrival!

Red Roses for Jackie.... and Red Rings on the windows for LBJ.....

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2019, 07:01:35 PM »
...and you are dead.

That is tin foil hat nonsense even by prior low standards, but why would LBJ need a signal?  Even if he was involved in the assassination plot, he would see for himself if anything happened.  He was in the motorcade.  He wouldn't have any action to take in the act other than to become President if it succeeds.  If he needed a signal, however, why couldn't it be yellow roses?  I will give you some credit though.  Some sources suggest LadyBird's flowers were white but they do appear to be yellow in the color photos.   The flower on LBJ's suit is white.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2019, 07:01:35 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2019, 07:16:14 PM »
That is tin foil hat nonsense even by prior low standards, but why would LBJ need a signal?  Even if he was involved in the assassination plot, he would see for himself if anything happened.  He was in the motorcade.  He wouldn't have any action to take in the act other than to become President if it succeeds.  If he needed a signal, however, why couldn't it be yellow roses?  I will give you some credit though.  Some sources suggest LadyBird's flowers were white but they do appear to be yellow in the color photos.   The flower on LBJ's suit is white.

why would LBJ need a signal?

LBJ didn't need the signal, but the killers wouldn't have fired unless they had assurance from LBJ that he'd cover their backs....So the Red Rings were multipurpose....

A)  A reminder to JFK that he had betrayed the killers when he pulled the air cover that the CIA had promised would be there at Red beach at BOP.....The umbrella man with his umbrella, was also a reminder to JFK that he'd pulled the umbrella of air cover at BOP....
B) A signal to LBJ, that the trap was set and the patsy was staying out of sight on the first floor .....
C) LBJ's signal to the killers....Proceed....I'll cover your backs....
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 09:11:03 PM by Walt Cakebread »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2019, 08:01:37 PM »

Yeah, this takes the cake(bread)... surely one of the top OMG moments in tin foil hat history
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 08:03:17 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2019, 08:01:37 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2019, 08:07:19 PM »
why would LBJ need a signal?

LBJ didn't need the signal, but the killers wouldn't have fired unless they had assurance from LBJ that he'd cover their backs....So the Red Rings were multipurpose....

A)  A reminder to JFK that he had betrayed the killers when he pulled the air cover that the CIA had promised would be there at Red beach at BOP.....The umbrella was also a reminder to JFK that he'd pulled the umbrella of air cover at BOP....
B) A signal to LBJ, that the trap was set and the patsy was staying out of sight on the first floor .....
C) LBJ's signal to the killers....Proceed....I'll cover your backs....

This is where I hope you are putting us on.  Imagine all this last second skulduggery after months or years of setting up Oswald.  It is laughable Maxwell Smart nonsense.   It's hard to pick my favorite part but what exactly would your fantasy conspirators have done with the red rings and roses had their patsy not been "out of sight" at the fatal moment.  Would they have leaned out the windows and removed them as the motorcade swept past?  Whew.  I also like the part where JFK is given a "reminder that he betrayed the killers."  How exactly would the red rings do that?  Even assuming JFK had superhuman powers of observation and noticed the rings in the window of one building among hundreds along the motorcade route, how would this remind him of the BOP?  Absurd.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2019, 09:27:13 PM »
This is where I hope you are putting us on.  Imagine all this last second skulduggery after months or years of setting up Oswald.  It is laughable Maxwell Smart nonsense.   It's hard to pick my favorite part but what exactly would your fantasy conspirators have done with the red rings and roses had their patsy not been "out of sight" at the fatal moment.  Would they have leaned out the windows and removed them as the motorcade swept past?  Whew.  I also like the part where JFK is given a "reminder that he betrayed the killers."  How exactly would the red rings do that?  Even assuming JFK had superhuman powers of observation and noticed the rings in the window of one building among hundreds along the motorcade route, how would this remind him of the BOP?  Absurd.

Psssst.... It wasn't last second skulduggery .... But it was the final step...  To insure that LBJ really was behind them and as the POTUS he could control the investigation... 

what exactly would your fantasy conspirators have done with the red rings and roses had their patsy not been "out of sight" at the fatal moment.

If Lee Oswald had been standing on the front step, or anyplace where a camera could have recorded his presence at the time that JFK was to be  murdered , the mission would have been aborted.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2019, 09:27:13 PM »

Offline Rob Caprio

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2019, 11:46:38 PM »

Who said that the signal was for LBJ besides you? It would have been for the sniper teams.