JFK Assassination Discussion & Debate > JFK Assassination Discussion & Debate

Roses Are Red...

(1/12) > >>

Rob Caprio:
...and you are dead.

I have been told, and I have read, over the years that Jackie Kennedy was given red roses because they were out of yellow ones. This sounds ridiculous, but I have accepted it despite her receiving yellow roses just the day before.

Imagine my surprise when listening to as it happened coverage on KLIF when hearing Lady Bird Johnson received YELLOW roses at Love Field upon arrival!

Those roses were a signal most likely IMO. Yellow=abort. Red=go.

Walt Cakebread:

--- Quote from: Rob Caprio on February 14, 2019, 06:05:42 PM ---...and you are dead.

I have been told, and I have read, over the years that Jackie Kennedy was given red roses because they were out of yellow ones. This sounds ridiculous, but I have accepted it despite her receiving yellow roses just the day before.

Imagine my surprise when listening to as it happened coverage on KLIF when hearing Lady Bird Johnson received YELLOW roses at Love Field upon arrival!

--- End quote ---

Red Roses for Jackie.... and Red Rings on the windows for LBJ.....

Richard Smith:

--- Quote from: Rob Caprio on February 14, 2019, 06:05:42 PM ---...and you are dead.

--- End quote ---

That is tin foil hat nonsense even by prior low standards, but why would LBJ need a signal?  Even if he was involved in the assassination plot, he would see for himself if anything happened.  He was in the motorcade.  He wouldn't have any action to take in the act other than to become President if it succeeds.  If he needed a signal, however, why couldn't it be yellow roses?  I will give you some credit though.  Some sources suggest LadyBird's flowers were white but they do appear to be yellow in the color photos.   The flower on LBJ's suit is white.

Walt Cakebread:

--- Quote from: Richard Smith on February 14, 2019, 07:01:35 PM ---That is tin foil hat nonsense even by prior low standards, but why would LBJ need a signal?  Even if he was involved in the assassination plot, he would see for himself if anything happened.  He was in the motorcade.  He wouldn't have any action to take in the act other than to become President if it succeeds.  If he needed a signal, however, why couldn't it be yellow roses?  I will give you some credit though.  Some sources suggest LadyBird's flowers were white but they do appear to be yellow in the color photos.   The flower on LBJ's suit is white.

--- End quote ---

why would LBJ need a signal?

LBJ didn't need the signal, but the killers wouldn't have fired unless they had assurance from LBJ that he'd cover their backs....So the Red Rings were multipurpose....

A)  A reminder to JFK that he had betrayed the killers when he pulled the air cover that the CIA had promised would be there at Red beach at BOP.....The umbrella man with his umbrella, was also a reminder to JFK that he'd pulled the umbrella of air cover at BOP....
B) A signal to LBJ, that the trap was set and the patsy was staying out of sight on the first floor .....
C) LBJ's signal to the killers....Proceed....I'll cover your backs....

Bill Chapman:

--- Quote from: Richard Smith on February 14, 2019, 07:01:35 PM ---That is tin foil hat nonsense even by prior low standards, but why would LBJ need a signal?  Even if he was involved in the assassination plot, he would see for himself if anything happened.  He was in the motorcade.  He wouldn't have any action to take in the act other than to become President if it succeeds.  If he needed a signal, however, why couldn't it be yellow roses?  I will give you some credit though.  Some sources suggest LadyBird's flowers were white but they do appear to be yellow in the color photos.   The flower on LBJ's suit is white.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, this takes the cake(bread)... surely one of the top OMG moments in tin foil hat history

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version