Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: How long does it take to alter hundreds of frames of film?  (Read 32999 times)

Offline Steve Thompson

Re: How long does it take to alter hundreds of frames of film?
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2018, 06:02:40 PM »
Advertisement
Are you really claiming that there is enough resolution and definition (not to mention the camera angle) in the Muchmore film to declare that it shows the "EXACT same headshot"?

John - go ahead and point out the differences between the headshot in Muchmore vs the headshot in Zapruder.
    1.  If you *can* point out the differences - then my claim that they are an EXACT match falls from its own lack of merit.
    2.  If you *can not* point out any differences, then my statement cannot necessarily be disproven, can it ?

Hey, I'm nothing if not teachable - and open to facts and evidence.

Over to you...

« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 06:04:29 PM by Steve Thompson »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2018, 06:02:40 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2018, 06:40:42 PM »
John - go ahead and point out the differences between the headshot in Muchmore vs the headshot in Zapruder.
    1.  If you *can* point out the differences - then my claim that they are an EXACT match falls from its own lack of merit.
    2.  If you *can not* point out any differences, then my statement cannot necessarily be disproven, can it ?

Hey, I'm nothing if not teachable - and open to facts and evidence.

Over to you...

That's not how it works, Steve.  You don't get to make a positive claim like "they show the exact same headshot" and then say that it's true unless somebody can disprove it.

I'm asking you how you can tell that they are exactly the same.

Offline Steve Thompson

« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2018, 07:04:18 PM »
I'm asking you how you can tell that they are exactly the same.

Oh, well that's easy... I just put my assertion out there that the Muchmore/Zapruder headshots are "exactly the same" and dare anyone to disprove it.
If, after a week or so on this forum (with all its experts) no one can disprove my assertion, then it must be a fact.

But, in all seriousness, I'd say this is one of those cases where a lack of evidence is in fact evidence.
Either they are different, or they are the same.

Once again, what are the differences ?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2018, 07:04:18 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2018, 07:16:37 PM »
Oh, well that's easy... I just put my assertion out there that the Muchmore/Zapruder headshots are "exactly the same" and dare anyone to disprove it.
If, after a week or so on this forum (with all its experts) no one can disprove my assertion, then it must be a fact.

<facepalm>

LBJ knew about the assassination in advance.  I dare you to disprove that.

But, in all seriousness, I'd say this is one of those cases where a lack of evidence is in fact evidence.
Either they are different, or they are the same.

....OR....

Whether they are the same or not is inconclusive and indeterminate.

Offline Steve Thompson

« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2018, 07:31:59 PM »
<facepalm>

LBJ knew about the assassination in advance.  I dare you to disprove that.

LBJ didn't know about the assassination in advance.  I dare you to disprove that.

The Muchmore film and the Zapruder film are 100% consistent.  I dare you to disprove that .

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2018, 07:31:59 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2018, 07:39:40 PM »
LBJ didn't know about the assassination in advance.  I dare you to disprove that.

I think you're starting to see the problem.  The inability to disprove something tells you nothing about whether it's true or not.

The Muchmore film and the Zapruder film are 100% consistent.  I dare you to disprove that .

Well now you're watering down your original claim, which was that they show the EXACT same headshot.  "Consistent" just means that you can't rule something out.

Offline Steve Thompson

« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2018, 07:53:54 PM »
Well now you're watering down your original claim, which was that they show the EXACT same headshot.  "Consistent" just means that you can't rule something out.

John, honestly, I don't think we need to engage Failure Analysis Associates or the Jet Propulsion Laboratory to tell us that the Muchmore film shows exactly the same thing as Zapruder film... albeit from a different angle.

If Muchmore showed a different headshot than Zapruder - conspiracy theorists and Robert Groden and all the rest would have been shouting it from the house tops for 50+ years.

I heard a comedian once say "what's the greatest evidence that Elvis really is dead ?  If he were alive and could see the idiots that are impersonating him and not coming running out of hiding then I'm pretty sure he's dead..."

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2018, 07:53:54 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2018, 08:21:22 PM »
If Muchmore showed a different headshot than Zapruder - conspiracy theorists and Robert Groden and all the rest would have been shouting it from the house tops for 50+ years.

I'm sure they would.  That, however, doesn't demonstrate that they show the EXACT same headshot.  Honestly, if Muchmore was the only thing you had to go on, you wouldn't even know that the guy was shot.