Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Did Poe Mark The Shells?  (Read 10123 times)

Offline Tim Nickerson

Re: Did Poe Mark The Shells?
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2019, 12:06:31 AM »
Advertisement
What do you mean, "nope"?  All you're doing is just restating the claim.

I'm giving you the fact as it is recorded in an official FBI document. That document does not say that "Dhority supposedly told Odum".

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2019, 12:06:31 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2019, 04:36:43 PM »
I'm giving you the fact as it is recorded in an official FBI document. That document does not say that "Dhority supposedly told Odum".

Being written in an "official FBI document" doesn't confer any special truth to the claim.

That's indeed what the document says.  Some anonymous author claims that Dhority told Odum something.  Was this ever confirmed by Dhority, Odum, or Davis?

Offline Oscar Navarro

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2019, 10:41:48 PM »
No, that's not justice really. Or my definition of it. Oswald deserved a trial; just because he didn't believe in the rule of law, just because he rejected our ideas of democracy (remember he wrote that the US economic and political systems were "slave" systems), doesn't mean we should too.

In any case, I think a trial would have answered most of these questions that people have. He would have revealed himself to what he really was: an angry disaffected person. I think he'd use the trial to put the US system on trial; he wanted the communist lawyer John Abt for that very specific reason. To be sure the conspiracy crowd - elements of them - would still believe in his innocence. If he was sitting on their laps as he shot JFK they'd deny it was him. We know the type. They have an almost emotional attachment to the guy; notice they call him "Lee" and "poor old Lee"? Very odd.

I agree that even lowlifes like Oswald deserve their day in court but can you imagine what would have happened if Oswald's trial had turned out like that of Jack Ruby! I mean, it couldn't be any plainer who hot Oswald and even his guilty verdict was overturned on appeal due to technicalities.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2019, 10:41:48 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2019, 09:49:21 AM »

Being written in an "official FBI document" doesn't confer any special truth to the claim.

That's indeed what the document says.  Some anonymous author claims that Dhority told Odum something.  Was this ever confirmed by Dhority, Odum, or Davis?

Once again the mysterious CE2011 is used to "support" a claim that can not be supported in any other way. How convenient?...

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2019, 07:02:52 PM »
Once again the mysterious CE2011 is used to "support" a claim that can not be supported in any other way. How convenient?...

The fact is.... Nobody can verify with 100% certainty that the shells in the archives are the exact same shells that were allegedly picked up at the scene...

BTW... Did you send a PM .....   I received notice but no message....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2019, 07:02:52 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2019, 09:34:08 PM »
The fact is.... Nobody can verify with 100% certainty that the shells in the archives are the exact same shells that were allegedly picked up at the scene...

Yes, I replied to your message. It seems the pm system isn't working correctly.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2019, 10:08:55 PM »

Yes, I replied to your message. It seems the pm system isn't working correctly.

Ok ...I thought that perhaps you were using invisible ink......

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2019, 10:08:55 PM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2019, 11:12:15 PM »

The fact is.... Nobody has proved that the shells in evidence were NOT the shells collected at the scene.  It is one thing to As I was walking a' alane, I heard twa corbies makin' a mane. The tane untae the tither did say, Whaur sail we gang and dine the day, O. Whaur sail we gang and dine the day?  It's in ahint yon auld fail dyke I wot there lies a new slain knight; And naebody kens that he lies there But his hawk and his hound, and his lady fair, O. But his hawk and his hound, and his lady fair.  His hound is to the hunting gane His hawk to fetch the wild-fowl hame, His lady ta'en anither mate, So we may mak' our dinner swate, O. So we may mak' our dinner swate.  Ye'll sit on his white hause-bane, And I'll pike oot his bonny blue e'en Wi' ae lock o' his gowden hair We'll theek oor nest when it grows bare, O. We'll theek oor nest when it grows bare.  There's mony a ane for him maks mane But nane sail ken whaur he is gane O'er his white banes when they are bare The wind sail blaw for evermair, O. The wind sail blaw for evermair.' and moan about what you believe to be a lack of validity of the evidence; any kook can do that.  It is another thing entirely to actually do something about it by proving that the shells are not authentic.