Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: How'd He Do That?  (Read 11874 times)

Online Richard Smith

Re: How'd He Do That?
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2019, 08:35:37 PM »
Advertisement
Page 16  Assignment : Oswald   Written by FBI Agent James Hosty.... ( You may recall that Hosty was in the thick of it)

TIME 2:15 P. M.    A hand clutched my elbow. I spun, Howe was in my face.  "They've just arrested a guy named Lee Oswald, and they're booking him for the killing of the policeman over in Oak Cliff.   Officer's name was Tippit.

From this tidbit of information we can learn that Howe had learned of a telephone call  call prior to informing Hosty....so Agent Howe probably learned the man's was Lee Oswald at approximately 2:05 P.M.    ......   But at 2:05 P.M. the suspect was in a police car being transported to police headquarters and nobody had identified him.
 But according to Hosty Howe told him the suspect's name at 2:15..... 

At the bottom of page 16....the conversation between Howe and Hosty, is wrapped up....  Howe told me to go talk to Shanklin... "Shanklin is on the telephone with FBI headquarters"   Shanklin was standing behind his desk, still on the phone.  -------Some extraneous text about Shanklin's personal appearance  deleted -----  Shanklin said "Headquarters wants YOU Hosty to get down to the police department and take part in the interrogation of Oswald."

So it's obvious that FBI headquarters in Washington DC knew far in advance that the man's name was Lee Oswald .....FBI Headquarters knew the identity before the Dallas police knew......

How exactly does any of that make it obvious that FBI HQ knew "far in advance" that the suspect was LHO?  LOL.  That is funniest thing I've read in a long time.  Even the stuff you made up doesn't support your desired outcome.  It's a simple linear sequence of events that presents no great mystery:

Mr. HOSTY. No, sir; it was approximately 1:30 that we got the report that a police officer had been killed in the Oak Cliff area of Dallas, and that the police were surrounding a movie theatre where the suspect was allegedly located.
Shortly after 2 o'clock, we received information that this man had been captured and taken to the Dallas Police Department. One of our agents called from the Dallas Police Department and identified this man as Lee Harvey Oswald. I immediately recognized the name.

Mr. HOSTY. Right. There are no regional offices. I then took the file to the agent in charge, told him that we had a case on Lee Harvey Oswald. While I sat there he immediately called headquarters and advised headquarters here in Washington, D.C., that Lee Harvey Oswald was under arrest down at Dallas and had been observed shooting a police officer. They had eyewitnesses to his killing of Officer Tippit.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2019, 08:35:37 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2019, 10:25:55 PM »
How exactly does any of that make it obvious that FBI HQ knew "far in advance" that the suspect was LHO?  LOL.  That is funniest thing I've read in a long time.  Even the stuff you made up doesn't support your desired outcome.  It's a simple linear sequence of events that presents no great mystery:

Mr. HOSTY. No, sir; it was approximately 1:30 that we got the report that a police officer had been killed in the Oak Cliff area of Dallas, and that the police were surrounding a movie theatre where the suspect was allegedly located.
Shortly after 2 o'clock, we received information that this man had been captured and taken to the Dallas Police Department. One of our agents called from the Dallas Police Department and identified this man as Lee Harvey Oswald. I immediately recognized the name.

Mr. HOSTY. Right. There are no regional offices. I then took the file to the agent in charge, told him that we had a case on Lee Harvey Oswald. While I sat there he immediately called headquarters and advised headquarters here in Washington, D.C., that Lee Harvey Oswald was under arrest down at Dallas and had been observed shooting a police officer. They had eyewitnesses to his killing of Officer Tippit.

One of our agents called from the Dallas Police Department and identified this man as Lee Harvey Oswald  ( Shortly after 2 o'clock)

Ahh... But my dear Mr "Smith".... The official story (tale) says that Captain Fritz had not determined the Identity of the suspect  and was trying to determine if the man's name was A.J. hidell, Lee Harvey Oswald, or OH Lee....    And YOU  yourself Mr "Smith" have used this very argument when you have argued that Lee Oswald had several alias.   So since Fritz hadn't determined the man's name at 2:30....How the hell could the FBI have known...Hmmmmmmm?

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2019, 11:33:04 PM »
Oswald confirms to CT Walker that he is not Hidell.  All this takes places shortly after 2.

How do you know when this alleged conversation about "Hidell" took place?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2019, 11:33:04 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2019, 02:08:11 PM »

One of our agents called from the Dallas Police Department and identified this man as Lee Harvey Oswald  ( Shortly after 2 o'clock)

Ahh... But my dear Mr "Smith".... The official story (tale) says that Captain Fritz had not determined the Identity of the suspect  and was trying to determine if the man's name was A.J. hidell, Lee Harvey Oswald, or OH Lee....    And YOU  yourself Mr "Smith" have used this very argument when you have argued that Lee Oswald had several alias.   So since Fritz hadn't determined the man's name at 2:30....How the hell could the FBI have known...Hmmmmmmm?

Again, Oswald had ten IDs in his own name upon arrest.  He was immediately identified by Bill Shelley as LHO when he was brought in at around 2PM.  He arrived at the DPD at 2PM or just a couple minutes later.  Oswald admits his identity to CT Walker at that time.  You are erroneously and stupidly implying that because Oswald was asked later about his use of an alias that they didn't know his real name.  That is simply demonstrably false. 

Mr. WALKER. We took him up the homicide and robbery bureau, and we went back there, and one of the detectives said put him In this room. I put him in the room, and he said, "Let the uniform officers stay with him." And I went inside, and Oswald sat down, and he was handcuffed with his hands behind him. I sat down there, and I had his pistol, and he had a card in there with a picture of him and the name A. J. Hidell on it.
Mr. BELIN. Do you remember what kind of card it was?
Mr. WALKER. Just an identification card. I don't recall what it was.
Mr. BELIN. All right.
Mr. WALKER. And I told him, "That is your real name, isn't it?"
Mr. BELIN. He - had he earlier told you his name was Lee Harvey Oswald?
Mr. WALKER. I believe he had.
Mr. BELIN. All right.
Mr. WALKER. And he said, "No, that is not my real name."

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2019, 02:42:38 PM »
Again, Oswald had ten IDs in his own name upon arrest.  He was immediately identified by Bill Shelley as LHO when he was brought in at around 2PM.  He arrived at the DPD at 2PM or just a couple minutes later.  Oswald admits his identity to CT Walker at that time.  You are erroneously and stupidly implying that because Oswald was asked later about his use of an alias that they didn't know his real name.  That is simply demonstrably false. 

Mr. WALKER. We took him up the homicide and robbery bureau, and we went back there, and one of the detectives said put him In this room. I put him in the room, and he said, "Let the uniform officers stay with him." And I went inside, and Oswald sat down, and he was handcuffed with his hands behind him. I sat down there, and I had his pistol, and he had a card in there with a picture of him and the name A. J. Hidell on it.
Mr. BELIN. All right.
Mr. BELIN. All right.

Oswald had ten IDs in his own name upon arrest.  He was immediately identified by Bill Shelley as LHO when he was brought in at around 2PM.  He arrived at the DPD at 2PM or just a couple minutes later.  Oswald admits his identity to CT Walker at that time.

Oswald had ten IDs in his own name upon arrest. 

Really?  TEN  ID's...   List them.....

He was immediately identified by Bill Shelley as LHO when he was brought in at around 2PM.

Please provide the tape recording in which Shelley says anything at the time Lee is brought into the police station....Photos show Shelley just sitting there like a toad in the sun, and saying nothing to anybody.

He arrived at the DPD at 2PM or just a couple minutes later.  Oswald admits his identity to CT Walker at that time.

Thank you for exaggerating ( aka lying) Walker didn't immediately ask Lee to identify himself.... He allegedly searched through Lee's Wallet and claimed he found ID's with different names on them ...and THAT'S when he asked Lee to identify himself....  It was probably around 2:15 at that time.....And J.Edgar Hoover had already called his SAIC  in Dallas, Gordon Shanklin and told Shankiln to send Hosty over to the DPD to interrogate Lee Harrrrrrvey Osssssswald  because Hosty had been "working with these people" ( and he knew how the frame was supposed to be set up)   

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2019, 02:42:38 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2019, 04:21:45 PM »

Mr. BELIN. All right.
Mr. BELIN. All right.

FBI agent James Hosty wrote: Shortly after 2 o'clock, we received information that this man had been captured and taken to the Dallas Police Department. One of our agents called from the Dallas Police Department and identified this man as Lee Harvey Oswald. I immediately recognized the name.

Page 16  Assignment : Oswald   Written by FBI Agent James Hosty.... ( You may recall that Hosty was in the thick of it)

TIME 2:15 P. M.    A hand clutched my elbow. I spun, Howe was in my face.  "They've just arrested a guy named Lee Oswald, and they're booking him for the killing of the policeman over in Oak Cliff.   Officer's name was Tippit.

He arrived at the DPD at 2PM or just a couple minutes later.  Oswald admits his identity to CT Walker at that time. 

Let's see if we can get the chronology in order..... 

At about 2:05 Hoover calls His Dallas FBI office and tells SAIC Gordon Shanklin to send Hosty over to the DPD, to assist in the interrogation of Lee Harrrrrrvey Osssssswald, Because Hosty had been "working with these people" ( LHO and ???)     Obviously Hoover had to have known the identity of the man who had been taken alive at the Texas theater prior to making the 2:05 call.   So even if Walker determined that the man's name was Lee Oswald .....J.Edgar Hoover knew it before Walker had asked Lee any questions.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2019, 04:36:05 PM »
Again, Oswald had ten IDs in his own name upon arrest.  He was immediately identified by Bill Shelley as LHO when he was brought in at around 2PM.  He arrived at the DPD at 2PM or just a couple minutes later.  Oswald admits his identity to CT Walker at that time.

Again, how do you know this this occurred "at that time"?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2019, 04:36:05 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2019, 05:15:11 PM »
Oswald had ten IDs in his own name upon arrest.  He was immediately identified by Bill Shelley as LHO when he was brought in at around 2PM.  He arrived at the DPD at 2PM or just a couple minutes later.  Oswald admits his identity to CT Walker at that time.

Oswald had ten IDs in his own name upon arrest. 

Really?  TEN  ID's...   List them.....

He was immediately identified by Bill Shelley as LHO when he was brought in at around 2PM.

Please provide the tape recording in which Shelley says anything at the time Lee is brought into the police station....Photos show Shelley just sitting there like a toad in the sun, and saying nothing to anybody.

Thank you for exaggerating ( aka lying) Walker didn't immediately ask Lee to identify himself.... He allegedly searched through Lee's Wallet and claimed he found ID's with different names on them ...and THAT'S when he asked Lee to identify himself....  It was probably around 2:15 at that time.....And J.Edgar Hoover had already called his SAIC  in Dallas, Gordon Shanklin and told Shankiln to send Hosty over to the DPD to interrogate Lee Harrrrrrvey Osssssswald  because Hosty had been "working with these people" ( and he knew how the frame was supposed to be set up)

Whew.  So much nonsense and falsehoods in one short post.  Here is the list of the contents of Oswald's wallet:  https://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh24/pdf/WH24_CE_1986.pdf

The rest of your rambling nonsense is based on a false premise.  The sequence of events is that Oswald is identified (he has multiple IDs in his name, a co-worker confirms his identity, and Oswald confirms his name to CT Walker), an agent calls the Dallas FBI with that information ("shortly after 2"), Hosty recognizes Oswald's name, Dallas FBI then "immediately" inform FBI HQ of the suspect's name and that they have a file on him.  Hosty, as the agent in charge of Oswald's file, is then understandably dispatched to attend his interrogation.  There is no mystery there.