Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Forum members opinions on the following persons linked with Oswald  (Read 5951 times)

Offline Paul May

Re: Forum members opinions on the following persons linked with Oswald
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2019, 01:14:42 AM »
Advertisement
Why don't you take a few minutes and actually LEARN a few basic FACTS....  Just READ Ruth Paine's testimony when she testified before the WC.... She said she was an FBI informer....

She said that she purloined Lee Oswald's letter to the Russian Embassy and then called the FBI....To tell them that she had a letter that Lee Oswald had written to the Russians....

Thousands of Americans were assets of U. S. intel agencies.  Are you claiming she was an asset or was being paid as an employee?  Huge difference Walt.  I?m sure you understand that.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2019, 01:14:42 AM »

Offline Richard Smith

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2019, 03:03:11 PM »
Thousands of Americans were assets of U. S. intel agencies.  Are you claiming she was an asset or was being paid as an employee?  Huge difference Walt.  I?m sure you understand that.

According to Walt's confused logic, if someone sees a bank robbery and provides information to the FBI about that robbery, they become FBI spies.   Normal people call them witnesses or responsible citizens but when it involves Oswald they are transformed into informants and spies.  It is nonsense.  Imagine planning this assassination around Ruth Paine's ability to manipulate Oswald, Marina, Roy Truly, and the Fraziers etc.   But then Ruth Paine does not do the obvious things that someone in her sinister role to frame him would do like confirm that Oswald owned a rifle, carried a long package to work that morning, hated JFK etc.  It's laughable.  Not unlike those ghost hunter shows on TV. 

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2019, 05:26:15 PM »
Why don't you take a few minutes and actually LEARN a few basic FACTS....  Just READ Ruth Paine's testimony when she testified before the WC.... She said she was an FBI informer....

She said that she purloined Lee Oswald's letter to the Russian Embassy and then called the FBI....To tell them that she had a letter that Lee Oswald had written to the Russians....
No, Mr. Cakebread. She said she found the draft of the letter, made a copy of it, and showed it to her husband, Michael. He dismissed her concerns so she didn't do anything afterwards. She didn't call the FBI about it. She testified that she considered giving it to the FBI the next time agent Hosty came but she didn't.

Here is the relevant portion of her testimony:
Mr. JENNER - What did you do ultimately with your draft of the letter and the original?
Mrs. PAINE - The first appearance of an FBI person on the 23d of November, I gave the original to them. The next day it probably was I said I also had a copy and gave them that. I wanted to be shut of it.
Mr. JENNER - So I take it, Mrs. Paine, you did not deliver either the original or the copy or call attention to the original or the copy with respect to the FBI.
Mrs. PAINE - Prior.
Mr. JENNER - Prior to the 23d did you say?
Mrs. PAINE - That is right.

So again, prior to the assassination she withheld the letter. The rest of her testimony on the matter is here:  http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/paine_r2.htm

« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 05:29:34 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2019, 05:26:15 PM »

Offline Paul May

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2019, 09:57:35 PM »
Walt, might we have a response?

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2019, 10:19:43 PM »
In his testimony, Robert Oswald mentions the Paines some 85 times. Read this testimony and we see that he thought they involved in the assassination. No need to respond that he thought Lee was the shooter-I realize that....
Mr. JENNER. Now, I would like to direct your attention to page 5 of your notebook.
Mr. OSWALD. Yes, sir.
Mr. JENNER. At that point you were recording the course of events on what day?
Mr. OSWALD. Friday, November 22, 1963.
Mr. JENNER. To orient you and the Commission, the entry to which I refer, that is the paragraph, reads as follows. Follow me, please.
"Mother and I talked briefly and after about 30 minutes we were taken across the hall to where Marina and the two children were. (This was the first I knew of the new baby.) A Mrs. Paine was also present. We talked a little and shortly Mr. Paine--who the police had been talking to, came out of the office and Mrs. Paine introduced us. I did not like the appearance of Mr. Paine, nothing really to put my finger on, but I just had a feeling.
"I still do not know why or how" what is that next word?
Mr. OSWALD. "but".
Mr. JENNER. "But Mr. and Mrs. Paine are somehow involved in this affair.
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/oswald_r.htm

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2019, 10:19:43 PM »

Offline Paul May

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2019, 10:30:45 PM »
In his testimony, Robert Oswald mentions the Paines some 85 times. Read this testimony and we see that he thought they involved in the assassination. No need to respond that he thought Lee was the shooter-I realize that....http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/oswald_r.htm

He ?thought? they were involved?  Meaningless. I personally had the opportunity to interview Robert in 1989. In some two hours, not one time did he mention the Paines, directly or indirectly.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2019, 11:20:12 PM »
No, Mr. Cakebread. She said she found the draft of the letter, made a copy of it, and showed it to her husband, Michael. He dismissed her concerns so she didn't do anything afterwards. She didn't call the FBI about it. She testified that she considered giving it to the FBI the next time agent Hosty came but she didn't.

Here is the relevant portion of her testimony:
Mr. JENNER - What did you do ultimately with your draft of the letter and the original?
Mrs. PAINE - The first appearance of an FBI person on the 23d of November, I gave the original to them. The next day it probably was I said I also had a copy and gave them that. I wanted to be shut of it.
Mr. JENNER - So I take it, Mrs. Paine, you did not deliver either the original or the copy or call attention to the original or the copy with respect to the FBI.
Mrs. PAINE - Prior.
Mr. JENNER - Prior to the 23d did you say?
Mrs. PAINE - That is right.

So again, prior to the assassination she withheld the letter. The rest of her testimony on the matter is here:  http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/paine_r2.htm

In his Book  ,  Assignment: Oswald ....Hosty says that Ruth Paine called him and he went to her residence and picked up the letter.

So you actually believe that on November 9th,  Ruthie Goodie Girl who was so alarmed by the letter that she stole it, and made a copy of it, and then returned the original to it's place on the desk,  before Lee would find out what she'd done.....   Didn't do anything with the letter, and the original rough draft, which she'd grabbed from the trash can, until over two weeks had passed ....and then called Hosty on November 23rd ( after the assassination) ....and told him that she had the letter.

The FBI and (other law enforcement agencies) had been all over her neighborhood on the weekend of 11/22--  11/24 but she couldn't simply have gave them the letter???     She had to make a special call to Hosty....   Could it be that Hosty was her handler?

If she was so alarmed by the letter...WHY did she wait over two weeks ??   Do you actually believe the BS story??
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 11:28:12 PM by Walt Cakebread »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2019, 11:20:12 PM »

Offline Paul May

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2019, 11:27:50 PM »
So you actually believe that on November 9th,  Ruthie Goodie Girl who was so alarmed by the letter that she stole it, and made a copy of it, and then returned the original to it's place on the desk,  before Lee would find out what she'd done.....   Didn't do anything with the letter, and the original rough draft, which she'd grabbed from the trash can, until over two weeks had passed ....and then called Hosty on November 23rd ( after the assassination) ....and told him that she had the letter.

The FBI and (other law enforcement agencies) had been all over her neighborhood on the weekend of 11/22--  11/24 but she couldn't simply have gave them the letter???     She had to make a special call to Hosty....   Could it be that Hosty was her handler?

Walt, you revel in speculation in astonishing ways, yet present no evidence, only suspicion.  Mind you, this is 55 years after the event.  Sigh.  Hosty, her handler??? Is this yet more speculation or do you actually have evidence to support this astonishing comment?