Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Dear Mr Hunt...  (Read 20382 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: Dear Mr Hunt...
« Reply #80 on: February 13, 2019, 05:19:40 PM »
Advertisement
Dear Walter,

Gosh, I never knew you were a handwriting expert!

-- Mudd Wrassler Tommy  :)

There's no standard for what would make somebody a "handwriting expert".  More so in 1963/4.  You apprenticed with somebody else who had no tests or standards of accuracy either and you became an "expert".  It's like calling somebody an "astrology expert".
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 05:20:15 PM by John Iacoletti »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #80 on: February 13, 2019, 05:19:40 PM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #81 on: February 13, 2019, 07:29:03 PM »
There's no standard for what would make somebody a "handwriting expert".  More so in 1963/4.  You apprenticed with somebody else who had no tests or standards of accuracy either and you became an "expert".  It's like calling somebody an "astrology expert".

Iacoletti,

Are you saying that the Warren Commission would have been served equally well, in its efforts to determine the authenticity of writings attributed to Oswald, by choosing Americans at random "off the street"?

LOL

« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 11:43:29 PM by Thomas Graves »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #82 on: February 13, 2019, 10:39:43 PM »
A new book written last year (2018) entitled  " H.L. Hunt... Motive and Opportunity " is the story told by a very close associate of Haroldson Lafayette Hunt, the president of Hunt Oil and dozens of other big buck businesses ......

The associate and employee is named John Curington who I believe he is 96 years old, was employed as H.L. Hunt's right hand man from 1954 until 1969.  John was privy to H L Hunt's private and business life. He knows nearly everything that H.L Hunt did in his life....

After reading his story, I believe Mr Curington is trying to set history straight without violating a promise that he made to H.L. Hunt over a half century ago.
I believe that John Curington knows the truth about the murder of John Kennedy, but will not pull the wrappers off the story.  He tells the various tales that make up his story as if his memory is failing him, or he deliberately isn't making the tale crystal clear.  The story is rather vague, disjointed and rambling, but never-the- less it is a verrrrrry interesting tale.

The author ( Mitchel Whitington) that John Curington selected to write his story obviously knows very little about the murders of JFK, RFK. MLK, and Jimmy Hoffa.....  and consequently writes the story from the perspective of the US Government approved history books.  It's a pity that Mr Whitington doesn't know some of the very basic facts of the murder of JFK and the other three victim,s because Mr Curington gave Michel information that is dynamite. 

One example of a piece of dynamite information that John gave to Mitchel is related to the "Dear Mr Hunt" note.....     John told Mitchel that the note surfaced in the in the inner office mail system of Hunt Oil after the assassination of JFK.  Jon said that the note had been dropped off at the front desk and it was in an envelope addressed to Mr Hunt.  Mr Hunt and Mr Curington read the short note... which said...

I would like information concerding (sic) my position. I am asking only for information. I am suggesting that we discuss the matter fully before any steps are taken by me or anyone else.         Lee Harvey Oswald

They then called the FBI ( H.L.Hunt was a personal friend of J.Edgar Hoover and called Hoover and talked to him often) An FBI agent came to Hunt's office and took the note and John Curington never saw it again.....( at least that's what  John Curington told Mitchel Whitington)   However, Whitington presented a photo of the note 
in the book that is a bit different than other copies of the note that I've seen...which leads me to believe that Curington presented a photocopy of the note to Mitchel. 

Those of you who know the official tale concerning that note will recognize that according to Curington the note appeared in Mr Hunt's inner office mail at the Hunt Oil offices.  And it was turned over to the FBI.     And this is contrary to the tale handed to us by the FBI.   

Mr Curington tells  another interesting story in the book..... Curington said that on Saturday November 23, 1963 Mr Hunt called him at home at about 5:30 In the afternoon and asked Curington to go to the Dallas Police headquarters and check out what kind of security, if any.  they had around Lee Harvey Oswald. Curington said that he went to the police station and had no trouble determining that the security for Lee Oswald  was nearly non existent.  Curington claimed that at some point in his nosing around the police station he had pressed the button to summon the elevator.....When the elevator arrived and the door opened he was face to face with Lee Oswald in handcuffs  and Captain Fritz....  Fritz recognized Curington and said..." Meet the S-O-B who killed the president." .....

Curington reported back to Mr Hunt at about midnight and informed Mr Hunt that there was no extraordinary security around Oswald, whereupon Mr Hunt told Curington to call Joe Civello and tell Civello that Mr Hunt wanted to talk to him.  Joe Civello visited the Hunt mansion at about 6:00 AM Sunday morning....

Later that morning at about 11:30 as Mr Curington was sitting in church, someone handed the pastor a note and the pastor announced to the congregation, that Lee Harvey Oswald had just been shot.  Curington said..." I had a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. and recalled my visit to the police station to check on the security of Oswald and then contacting Joe Civello."

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #82 on: February 13, 2019, 10:39:43 PM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #83 on: February 13, 2019, 10:41:51 PM »

"As a discipline routinely accepted under Frye (Frye v. United States, 54 App. D.C. 46, 293 F. 1013, 1014 [1923]), forensic document examination has been consistently accepted in the courts in spite of the challenges generated by the Daubert decision in 1993 (Daubert v. Merrell Dow Pharmaceuticals, 509 U.S. 579 [1993]). Published research demonstrates the validity of the expertise and supports the principle of handwriting individuality. Published standards ensure consistency in methodology. Document examiners in both public (local, state, federal, and international) and private laboratories use these standards. Ongoing academic research continues to support the forensic document examination community in strengthening the scientific basis for handwriting comparison."

https://archives.fbi.gov/archives/about-us/lab/forensic-science-communications/fsc/oct2009/review/2009_10_review02.htm

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #84 on: February 14, 2019, 12:14:09 AM »
"As a discipline routinely accepted under Frye (Frye v. United States, 54 App. D.C. 46, 293 F. 1013, 1014 [1923]), forensic document examination has been consistently accepted in the courts in spite of the challenges generated by the Daubert decision in 1993 (Daubert v. Merrell Dow Pharmaceuticals, 509 U.S. 579 [1993]). Published research demonstrates the validity of the expertise and supports the principle of handwriting individuality. Published standards ensure consistency in methodology. Document examiners in both public (local, state, federal, and international) and private laboratories use these standards. Ongoing academic research continues to support the forensic document examination community in strengthening the scientific basis for handwriting comparison."

https://archives.fbi.gov/archives/about-us/lab/forensic-science-communications/fsc/oct2009/review/2009_10_review02.htm

From the same document:

The Technical Working Group for Documents, now the Scientific Working Group for Questioned Documents (SWGDOC), was formed in 1997 to address the need for standards in the forensic document community.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #84 on: February 14, 2019, 12:14:09 AM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #85 on: February 14, 2019, 12:27:14 AM »
From the same document:

The Technical Working Group for Documents, now the Scientific Working Group for Questioned Documents (SWGDOC), was formed in 1997 to address the need for standards in the forensic document community.

So what?

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #86 on: February 14, 2019, 12:37:24 AM »
So what?

Aren't we talking about examinations conducted way before 1997?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #86 on: February 14, 2019, 12:37:24 AM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #87 on: February 14, 2019, 12:40:21 AM »
So what?

Tim,

Iacoletti thinks that back in 1964 any high school graduate could have called himself a handwriting analyst and testified as an expert witness in a legal proceeding.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 12:42:52 AM by Thomas Graves »