Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Dear Mr Hunt...  (Read 20084 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Dear Mr Hunt...
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2019, 01:44:49 PM »
Advertisement
Dear Walter,

What does Phillips' allegedly meeting with Oswald and then with an early-arriving Antonio Vechiana at that bank building have to do with the blurry "Dear Mr. Hunt" photocopy?

-- Mudd Wrassler Tommy  :)

Not sure.... But I'd like to know more about this report that Lee Oswald met with David Atlee Philips in Dallas.

You apparently are familiar with the story.....  Can you direct me to the book in which I read about that?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2019, 01:44:49 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2019, 03:08:51 PM »
Dear Walter,

What does Phillips' allegedly meeting with Oswald and then with an early-arriving Antonio Vechiana at that bank building have to do with the blurry "Dear Mr. Hunt" photocopy?

the blurry "Dear Mr. Hunt" photocopy?..... 

I'm not sure what you're referring to....   Why do you describe the"Dear Mr Hunt" note as a BLURRY photocopy.....  The picture that I've seen is not a photocopy.
It doesn't appear to have been reproduced in a photocopy machine.... It appears to be a photo that was taken with a camera.....

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2019, 05:30:56 PM »

the blurry "Dear Mr. Hunt" photocopy?..... 

I'm not sure what you're referring to....   Why do you describe the"Dear Mr Hunt" note as a BLURRY photocopy.....  The picture that I've seen is not a photocopy.
It doesn't appear to have been reproduced in a photocopy machine.... It appears to be a photo that was taken with a camera.....

Dear Walter,

Then why the fuzziness the handwriting expert wrote about in his report that he said made it impossible for him to determine with100% certainty whether or not the note was bona fide or bogus?

IIRC, he said it looked to him as though "the note" was a blown up image of a microfilm image that itself was out of focus.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 06:00:18 PM by Thomas Graves »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2019, 05:30:56 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2019, 06:17:15 PM »
Dear Walter,

Then why the fuzziness the handwriting expert wrote about in his report that he said made it impossible for him to determine with100% certainty whether or not the note was bona fide or bogus?

IIRC, he said it looked to him as though "the note" was a blown up image of a microfilm image that itself was out of focus.

Perhaps Mr McNally was looking at something different than what I've seen.....  The "Dear Mr Hunt Note that i've seen appears to have been taken with a camera....Not a photocopy  machine.   The photo that I've seen isn't "blurry".....   And I'm convinced that it was in fact written by Lee Oswald....
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 06:18:39 PM by Walt Cakebread »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2019, 06:21:51 PM »
Perhaps Mr McNally was looking at something different than what I've seen.....  The "Dear Mr Hunt Note that i've seen appears to have been taken with a camera....Not a photocopy  machine.   The photo that I've seen isn't "blurry".....   And I'm convinced that it was in fact written by Lee Oswald....

Dear Walter,

How many "Dear Mr. Hunt" notes do you figure Oswald wrote?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2019, 06:21:51 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2019, 06:27:23 PM »
Dear Walter,

How many "Dear Mr. Hunt" notes do you figure Oswald wrote?

Oh you're real cute.....Tommy Mudd Wrassler.....  But you're not as clever as you perceive yourself to be.....

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2019, 06:37:50 PM »
Dear Walter,

EDIT # 1:

Handwriting expert McNally said that the poor-quality photocopy Penn Jones received from a mysterious source in Mexico City (Nikolai Leonov?) looked as though it was a blown up photocopy of a microfilm image which itself was out of focus.

Which suggests that the mysterious sender wanted the note to be fuzzy so that it couldn't be analyzed with any certainty.

Care to comment?

EDIT # 2:

In your first post, this thread, you wrote:

Whitington presented a photo of the note 
in the book that is a bit different than other copies of the note that I've seen...which leads me to believe that Curington presented a photocopy of the note to Mitchel.

Dear Walter,

Would you please specify what these differences are?

Thank you.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 07:06:59 PM by Thomas Graves »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2019, 06:37:50 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2019, 06:56:22 PM »
Dear Walter,

[Edit in progress ...]

Do you think the HSCA gave McNally the same note that's photo-reproduced in this wonderful new book you're talking about, and that said note, when it was in his hands and under his magnifying glass, was too fuzzy for him to conclusively analyze, but in your book is crystal clear?

Or do you think they were different notes altogether?

The question is utterly stupid, and does not warrant an answer......

Do you think the HSCA gave McNally the same note that's photo-reproduced in this wonderful new book

The HSCA gave McNally a reproduction of the Dear Mr Hunt note,...... How would I know what Mc Nally's copy looked like???..... He said it was fuzzy and not a good clear copy ....and therefore he couldn't draw any solid conclusion about the note.   

However, your suggestion that the note was created by Russian spies is utterly ludicrous ....LOL.