Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Dear Mr Hunt...  (Read 20083 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Dear Mr Hunt...
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2019, 03:28:40 PM »
Advertisement
Dear Walter,

I'm not arguing with you, I'm trying to debate you, but you seem to be unable to counter my assertion that handwriting expert McNally found the note suspicious on technical handwriting grounds, and that KGB defector Mitrokhin admitted that the KGB had forged it.

-- Mudd Wrassler Tommy  :)

Why was handwriting expert McNally highly suspicious of the authenticity of the note?

What about the note made McNally suspicious?   He did NOT specify...... He said he found differences in the characters in the writing, but the differences he elucidated are not necessarily proof that Lee Oswald did not write the note.....In fact there are far more characteristics that are common to Lee Oswald's penmanship than there are anomalies.....

McNalley's opinion, is simply his opinion.......

Why did KGB defector Mitrokhin say that the KGB had forged it?

My name is not Mitrokin.....  So how the hell would I know?

Why only a fuzzy photocopy, not the original?

IMO....MacNalley was given poor reproductions to work with because they wanted him to be less than 100% positive......

« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 03:36:21 PM by Walt Cakebread »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2019, 03:28:40 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2019, 08:40:40 PM »
Why was handwriting expert McNally highly suspicious of the authenticity of the note?

What about the note made McNally suspicious?   He did NOT specify...... He said he found differences in the characters in the writing, but the differences he elucidated are not necessarily proof that Lee Oswald did not write the note.....In fact there are far more characteristics that are common to Lee Oswald's penmanship than there are anomalies.....

IMO....MacNalley was given poor reproductions to work with because they wanted him to be less than 100% positive......

Notice that Ruby refers to a "POSITION" that he occupies.....
Notice that in the MR Hunt note Lee asks for in formation about the "POSITION" ......

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2019, 11:16:55 PM »

Dear Walter,

You're right, McNally's opinion that the note was "highly suspicious" on technical grounds was ... his opinion as a professional handwriting analyst.

You're right, only a fuzzy photocopy was provided (by the KGB) to Penn Jones (or whomever), so that it would be impossible to say with 100% certainty that it was a forgery.

You're right, you're not Mitrokhin. Regardless, can you think of any reason he'd say that, unless he was ... gasp ... an evil, eil, evil CIA agent?

« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 11:22:35 PM by Thomas Graves »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2019, 11:16:55 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2019, 04:54:28 PM »
Dear Walter,

You're right, McNally's opinion that the note was "highly suspicious" on technical grounds was ... his opinion as a professional handwriting analyst.

You're right, only a fuzzy photocopy was provided (by the KGB) to Penn Jones (or whomever), so that it would be impossible to say with 100% certainty that it was a forgery.

You're right, you're not Mitrokhin. Regardless, can you think of any reason he'd say that, unless he was ... gasp ... an evil, eil, evil CIA agent?

A new book written last year (2018) entitled  " H.L. Hunt... Motive and Opportunity " is the story told by a very close associate of Haroldson Lafayette Hunt, the president of Hunt Oil and dozens of other big buck businesses ......

The associate and employee is named John Curington who I believe he is 96 years old, was employed as H.L. Hunt's right hand man from 1954 until 1969.  John was privy to H L Hunt's private and business life. He knows nearly everything that H.L Hunt did in his life....

Curington presented  to Whitington the author, a note, or a photo copy of the note....  That note is the "Dear Mr Hunt" note....

The 96 year old Curington told Whitington that Mr Hunt had that note after the assassination and he called the FBI and a FBI agent came and took the note and he never saw it again.

Question:.... If he never saw it again how could he present it to Whitington?     

The picture of the "Dear Mr Hunt" note on page 121 of the book is a fairly good image ....and it can be seen that the note had been folded ( probably to enable it to fit in an envelope)   Some photo geek might be able to determine if the picture on page 121 was taken of the original note, or if it was taken from a photocopy of the note....   I doubt that those creases would show up on a second or third generation photo copy.....  So therefore I suspect that Curington gave Whitington the original note.... and NOT a copy of it .
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 05:51:10 PM by Walt Cakebread »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2019, 11:13:11 PM »
"highly suspicious."

In what way??   What did he mean the note was "highly suspicious"??

It was "highly suspicious", because anything that would imply that Oswald was anything but a lone disgruntled nut was suspicious by definition.

Handwriting "analysis" is biased and unscientific.  Examiners will come to whatever conclusion the people paying them want.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2019, 11:13:11 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2019, 11:50:16 PM »
It was "highly suspicious", because anything that would imply that Oswald was anything but a lone disgruntled nut was suspicious by definition.

Handwriting "analysis" is biased and unscientific.  Examiners will come to whatever conclusion the people paying them want.

Handwriting "analysis" is biased and unscientific.

I believe you're right.   In fact I'm concerned that my own bias might be influencing me, about the Dear Mr Hunt note.....But I truly believe that note was in fact written by Lee Oswald...

I think  Mc Nalley might have meant that the note was "cryptic" rather than suspicious ...and I certainly agree that it is cryptic.   What was Lee asking for?....and what was the position he referred to?   However there is no longer any question in my mind about the identity of "Mr Hunt" ....  I convinced Mr Hunt is H.L. Hunt....

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2019, 10:12:32 PM »
Dear Walter,

Please don't tell me that you didn't read all of my longish post a couple of posts back.

Because if so, then you're almost as lazy as xxxxxxxxx, dude.

(Hint: Rhymes with "In da confetti")

About a year ago I read about a young man who said that he saw Lee Oswald and David Atlee Philips meet and talk about something in the lobby of a building in Dallas.....  I need something to jog my memory about where I read that....   

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2019, 10:12:32 PM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2019, 03:38:54 AM »
About a year ago I read about a young man who said that he saw Lee Oswald and David Atlee Philips meet and talk about something in the lobby of a building in Dallas.....  I need something to jog my memory about where I read that....

Dear Walter,

What does Phillips' allegedly meeting with Oswald and then with an early-arriving Antonio Vechiana at that bank building have to do with the blurry "Dear Mr. Hunt" photocopy?

« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 12:03:42 PM by Thomas Graves »