Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Fundamental Problem  (Read 35537 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: The Fundamental Problem
« Reply #176 on: February 12, 2019, 03:21:27 PM »
Advertisement
That is just patently stupid. As a member of JURE Silvia would never reveal the "war name" in a letter guaranteed to be intercepted by Castro authorities. IMHO, what Amador meant was to caution Silvia not to trust anyone she didn't know claiming to be from JURE until she did get to know the person and could be trusted with whatever the situation dictated.

A war name was an alias.... Leopoldo was an alias... So why wouldn't Silvia have told her father that a man named "Leopoldo" had knocked on her door??

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #176 on: February 12, 2019, 03:21:27 PM »

Offline Oscar Navarro

« Reply #177 on: February 12, 2019, 07:09:35 PM »
A war name was an alias.... Leopoldo was an alias... So why wouldn't Silvia have told her father that a man named "Leopoldo" had knocked on her door??

Because you don't want to give the enemy any information that could be used against you.

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #178 on: February 12, 2019, 07:31:56 PM »
Question: Amador wrote the letter while he was still in prison. Do you think the Cuban authorities would let him send a letter, from prison, to Silvia exposing their infiltration (or attempted infiltration) of the JURE in this alleged meeting/event?

If these men were Cuban agents I doubt that the Cuban authorities holding Amador would let him give Silvia any evidence exposing them.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #178 on: February 12, 2019, 07:31:56 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #179 on: February 12, 2019, 09:39:50 PM »
Question: Amador wrote the letter while he was still in prison. Do you think the Cuban authorities would let him send a letter, from prison, to Silvia exposing their infiltration (or attempted infiltration) of the JURE in this alleged meeting/event?

If these men were Cuban agents I doubt that the Cuban authorities holding Amador would let him give Silvia any evidence exposing them.

I donno.... Silvia's father simply told her to be careful.... That's something any father would do....  It doesn't specify that the men might be Castro's agents. 
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 09:41:29 PM by Walt Cakebread »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #180 on: February 13, 2019, 12:05:59 AM »
Read the letter. The link has been provided. In fact the most pertinent part has been underlined. Couldn't make it any easier. Besides the letter there's Silvia Odio's testimony.

I did read the letter.  Assuming that it has been translated accurately, where does it say anything about anyone coming to her apartment or when or how many?

Here's what it actually says:

"Tell me who this is who says he is my friend -- be careful, I do not have any friend who might be here, through Dallas, so reject his friendship until you give me his name. You are alone, without men to protect you and you can be deceived."

So I'll ask again:  where does it say anything about anyone coming to her apartment or when or how many?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #180 on: February 13, 2019, 12:05:59 AM »

Offline Oscar Navarro

« Reply #181 on: February 15, 2019, 08:06:24 PM »
I did read the letter.  Assuming that it has been translated accurately, where does it say anything about anyone coming to her apartment or when or how many?

Here's what it actually says:

"Tell me who this is who says he is my friend -- be careful, I do not have any friend who might be here, through Dallas, so reject his friendship until you give me his name. You are alone, without men to protect you and you can be deceived."

So I'll ask again:  where does it say anything about anyone coming to her apartment or when or how many?

Amador refers to a single person so that would be one. When can only be the dates Silvia claims the 26th or 27th of September, 1963. Where can only be where Silvia lived.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #182 on: February 19, 2019, 08:00:32 PM »
Amador refers to a single person so that would be one. When can only be the dates Silvia claims the 26th or 27th of September, 1963. Where can only be where Silvia lived.

Since Amador doesn't mention anything about her apartment or a date in the letter, how do you know the "friend" refers to that incident at all?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #182 on: February 19, 2019, 08:00:32 PM »

Offline Oscar Navarro

« Reply #183 on: February 20, 2019, 12:37:21 PM »
Since Amador doesn't mention anything about her apartment or a date in the letter, how do you know the "friend" refers to that incident at all?

Because Silvia said so in her testimony. She told Leopoldo that she was going to write to her father about them and.....

Mrs. ODIO. This first opinion that I mentioned to my psychiatrist, I did not give it a second thought. I forgot to tell Alentado about it; except 3 days later I wrote to my father after they came, and mentioned the fact that the two men had called themselves friends of his. And later in December, because the letter takes a long time to get here, he writes me back, "I do not know any of these men. Do not get involved with any of them."
Mr. LIEBELER. You have already given us a copy of the letter that you received from your father in which he told you that these people were not his friends, and told you not to get involved with them?
Mrs. ODIO. That's right.
Mr. LIEBELER. Did you tell your father the names of these men when you wrote to him?
Mrs. ODIO. Yes.
Mr. LIEBELER. Your father did not, however, mention their names in his letter, did he?
Mrs. ODIO. He mentioned their war names, because this was the only thing I knew. I probably put an Americano came too, two Cubans with an American, and I gave the names of the Cubans.

Add to that Silvia lived in an apartment.

Mrs. ODIO. The American was in the middle. They were leaning against the staircase...???.

Mr. LIEBELER. You mentioned when your sister saw Oswald's picture on television that she almost passed out. Did she recognize him, do you know, as the man that had been in the apartment?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 12:44:30 PM by Oscar Navarro »