Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Fundamental Problem  (Read 36219 times)

Online Royell Storing

Re: The Fundamental Problem
« Reply #112 on: January 25, 2019, 09:31:02 PM »
Advertisement
You are not considering velocity. A large fragment traveling at a lower velocity than a small fragment would not necessarily result in a more noticeable impact.

The Larger you make that Fragment and the Lower Velocity you have it traveling = the Shorter the Distance it would travel. Remember, it traveled 100+ yards.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 09:38:55 PM by Royell Storing »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #112 on: January 25, 2019, 09:31:02 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #113 on: January 25, 2019, 09:48:18 PM »
Dale, Unless the velocity of an object is acting in opposition to gravity , it will never overcome it. A bullet fired horizontally will not overcome gravity at all. However, as you noted, over short distances, gravity has essentially no impact on accuracy of a high velocity rifle shot. The bullet travels in a straight line.

over short distances, gravity has essentially no impact on accuracy of a high velocity rifle shot. The bullet travels in a straight line.

The above statement is false....   A bullet fired on a horizontal plane, or a near horizontal plane, does not travel in a straight line.   It's self evident that the effects of gravity do not have to be taken into consideration when the bullet is fired at a target a short distance away....However...that bullet does not travel in a straight line.

The heavier a bullet is, the greater the effect that gravity has upon the bullet......  That's simple physics.   Gravity has less effect on a 150 grain bullet than a 200 grain bullet fired from a cartridge with equal loads of propellant.     It should be obvious that the heavier 200 grain bullet takes more energy to propel it and it will not fly as far as the 150 grain bullet.... If the propellant charges are identical.    However neither bullet travels in a straight line....both will fall to earth at some point.     

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #114 on: January 25, 2019, 11:46:34 PM »
@Newbies
The blind leading the blind.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #114 on: January 25, 2019, 11:46:34 PM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #115 on: January 26, 2019, 12:11:43 AM »
        My belief is there was a 2nd shooter probably somewhere on the Front/Right of the JFK Limo. The Tague facial damage was a miss from this shooter. That missed shot may have struck the man hole cover/cement around it and skipped/bounced up and over to the Curb/Tague. Probably splintered. Anyway, that missed shot struck something and ricocheted. It was probably fired after the Kill Shot. On the Zapruder Film there are 2 guys running across the Elm St south grass section close to the Triple Underpass. These 2 guys are ducking/crouched as they haul arse. They look like they were initially positioned down there in the general area close to the Triple Underpass/ North of Teague. Incoming sent them running and ducking. I think the Teague Fragment was recovered and probably other fragment(s) also. These fragments did Not match the Carcano. If you look at the film footage taken from the snipers nest a couple hours after the assassination, 5-6  Law Enforcement Officers are crowded around that man hole cover/cement area on the South side of Elm St. Law Enforcement even parked a car atop that South Elm grass section close to Main St. Studebaker took a photo of Elm St looking toward the TSBD that same day. In that photo you can also clearly see a CSI Suitcase wide open and sitting on that Elm South grass section. A contingent of Law Enforcement went through that South grass section with a fine tooth comb immediately after they sealed off Dealey Plaza that day. A Mass of Law Enforcement was solely focused on that South grass section for a reason.   

I'm having trouble wrapping my head around that. I can't visualize it at all. I suspect that you haven't put much thought into it.

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #116 on: January 26, 2019, 12:14:20 AM »
    The Larger you make that Fragment and the Lower Velocity you have it traveling = the Shorter the Distance it would travel. Remember, it traveled 100+ yards.

The distance that the fragment would travel would depend on it's initial velocity. When the fragment exited Kennedy's skull, it's velocity was sufficient enough for it to reach Tague's position and cause the minor wound that he received. By the time it reached Tague, most of it's initial momentum had been expended. The trajectory of that fragment, from JFK's head to Tague's cheek, was not a straight line. At impact, the fragment was on a downward path.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #116 on: January 26, 2019, 12:14:20 AM »

Offline Dillon Rankine

« Reply #117 on: January 26, 2019, 01:17:34 AM »
        My belief is there was a 2nd shooter probably somewhere on the Front/Right of the JFK Limo. The Tague facial damage was a miss from this shooter. That missed shot may have struck the man hole cover/cement around it and skipped/bounced up and over to the Curb/Tague. Probably splintered. Anyway, that missed shot struck something and ricocheted. It was probably fired after the Kill Shot. On the Zapruder Film there are 2 guys running across the Elm St south grass section close to the Triple Underpass. These 2 guys are ducking/crouched as they haul arse. They look like they were initially positioned down there in the general area close to the Triple Underpass/ North of Teague. Incoming sent them running and ducking. I think the Teague Fragment was recovered and probably other fragment(s) also. These fragments did Not match the Carcano. If you look at the film footage taken from the snipers nest a couple hours after the assassination, 5-6  Law Enforcement Officers are crowded around that man hole cover/cement area on the South side of Elm St. Law Enforcement even parked a car atop that South Elm grass section close to Main St. Studebaker took a photo of Elm St looking toward the TSBD that same day. In that photo you can also clearly see a CSI Suitcase wide open and sitting on that Elm South grass section. A contingent of Law Enforcement went through that South grass section with a fine tooth comb immediately after they sealed off Dealey Plaza that day. A Mass of Law Enforcement was solely focused on that South grass section for a reason.   

Pure speculation, but creative it?s unrealistic/detached creativity. GK shooter fires after his target?s head in shrouded by a crimson fog? Out of curiosity, what?s you?re take on the shooting?

(1) where were the gunmen (incl. how many)
(2) how many shots are fired (incl. from where)
(3) when (approx Z-frame if possible)

Cite your evidence later?give me the unfiltered, briefest version possible (I?m interested for some reason).

Offline Oscar Navarro

« Reply #118 on: January 26, 2019, 04:22:06 PM »
After watching this video and seeing how the trajectory of the SN window aligns pretty much with the head shot and Tague's position I'm beginning to see the real probability that it was indeed fragments from the head shot that caused the smudge on the concrete curb and the scratch to Tague's cheek. It still amazes me the distance the fragments had to travel to cause their damage but, as Churchill said of the D-Day landings "I'm hardening" to the idea.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #118 on: January 26, 2019, 04:22:06 PM »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #119 on: January 26, 2019, 05:06:33 PM »
After watching this video and seeing how the trajectory of the SN window aligns pretty much with the head shot and Tague's position I'm beginning to see the real probability that it was indeed fragments from the head shot that caused the smudge on the concrete curb and the scratch to Tague's cheek. It still amazes me the distance the fragments had to travel to cause their damage but, as Churchill said of the D-Day landings "I'm hardening" to the idea.

You are talking about something generally being In-Line from start-to-finish with an EXPLOSION in between. Not happening. The bullet fragment which dented the chrome molding was thrown almost directly forward/toward the middle of front bumper of the Limo. If you buy the crack in the windshield being the result of the Head Explosion then again we have matter/bullet fragment(s) being projected almost directly Forward. Definitely nothing close to being in-line with the sniper's nest - Curb - Tague. And I am not even getting into the height a fragment would need to attain to somehow exit the Limo and then avoid striking Anything between the Limo & Curb/Tague over 100+ yards away. Those of you that have been to Dealey Plaza have a first hand visual picture in your head as to the Magical Mystery Tour a Lone Bullet Fragment from the JFK Limo has to take in order to reach Tague.  *Warning*  Dramamine may be required
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 05:16:01 PM by Royell Storing »