Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Fundamental Problem  (Read 35525 times)

Offline Oscar Navarro

Re: The Fundamental Problem
« Reply #104 on: January 25, 2019, 08:20:45 PM »
Advertisement

https://catalog.archives.gov/id/305176

Thanks, Tim  Thumb1: It appears there's a very small chip on the curb on one photo.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #104 on: January 25, 2019, 08:20:45 PM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #105 on: January 25, 2019, 08:23:49 PM »
Because I believe Tague would have felt the impact of a large fragment. I don't think the fragment(s) that struck the windshield carried much force or else it would have done more damage to the windshield glass. Try this. Go outside and throw a small metal ball bearing against the windshield of your car and see what happens.   :D Just kidding, buddy. I just might try this experiment at a junkyard. IMHO, the fragment that struck the chrome part was CE-567 as there was no lead residue found on the dent. It's possible that CE-569 was still inside CE-567 during impact and then separated and that a much smaller lead fragment struck the windshield. I have no idea how much force it would take to make a dent on the chrome part and have no idea how far that fragment, let's say it was CE-567/69, would have travelled if it had not struck the chrome part but it just doesn't compute that an even smaller fragment could have travelled the distance from the limo to the curb and caused the smudge on the concrete. Ditto for the fragment that struck Tague. Look, I may be overstating the perceived force required to send fragments flying off toward Tague but it just doesn't compute in my mind.

You are not considering velocity. A large fragment traveling at a lower velocity than a small fragment would not necessarily result in a more noticeable impact.

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #106 on: January 25, 2019, 08:26:13 PM »
     It is extremely hard to believe that the 1 single bullet fragment that was allegedly Blown Out of the Ground Level JFK Limo: (1) Traveled a distance greater than a football field, (2) Missed striking anyone standing on the South Elm grass section, (3) Missed striking Any of the cars on Main St, (4) Then, after traveling this great distance struck Tague in the face with a force so great he didn't even notice it at the time. The point made by Oscar Navarro regarding the bullet fragment(s) that struck both the JFK Limo chrome molding and windshield Not having the energy behind them to penetrate either vs the contrasting distance traveled by the alleged Tague Fragment is very compelling.     

Your disbelief has been duly noted but you failed to address my questions.

What do you Think: (1) Struck Tague on the face?, and (2) Where did that object which struck Tague in the face go?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #106 on: January 25, 2019, 08:26:13 PM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #107 on: January 25, 2019, 08:27:06 PM »
If I recall correctly, Dave Emary said the Carcano was iron sighted out to about 230 yards or so to match average battlefield conditions.

Thumb1:

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #108 on: January 25, 2019, 08:30:22 PM »
Thanks, Tim  Thumb1: It appears there's a very small chip on the curb on one photo.

If you are referring to the Dallas Morning News photo , then it's too small of resolution to be able to say.

You can zoom in on the National Archive photos.

https://catalog.archives.gov/id/305176

There in no chip in that section of curb.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #108 on: January 25, 2019, 08:30:22 PM »

Offline Dale Nason

« Reply #109 on: January 25, 2019, 08:47:29 PM »
Bullets do travel in a straight line for a limited distance. This all depends on the "load" of the cartridge, the weapon firing the bullet, and of course, after lack of velocity, gravity takes over. It's all basic physics. When velocity can not overcome gravity, the trajectory will change.

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #110 on: January 25, 2019, 09:02:07 PM »
Bullets do travel in a straight line for a limited distance. This all depends on the "load" of the cartridge, the weapon firing the bullet, and of course, after lack of velocity, gravity takes over. It's all basic physics. When velocity can not overcome gravity, the trajectory will change.

Dale, Unless the velocity of an object is acting in opposition to gravity , it will never overcome it. A bullet fired horizontally will not overcome gravity at all. However, as you noted, over short distances, gravity has essentially no impact on accuracy of a high velocity rifle shot. The bullet travels in a straight line. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #110 on: January 25, 2019, 09:02:07 PM »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #111 on: January 25, 2019, 09:27:07 PM »
Your disbelief has been duly noted but you failed to address my questions.

What do you Think: (1) Struck Tague on the face?, and (2) Where did that object which struck Tague in the face go?

My belief is there was a 2nd shooter probably somewhere on the Front/Right of the JFK Limo. The Tague facial damage was a miss from this shooter. That missed shot may have struck the man hole cover/cement around it and skipped/bounced up and over to the Curb/Tague. Probably splintered. Anyway, that missed shot struck something and ricocheted. It was probably fired after the Kill Shot. On the Zapruder Film there are 2 guys running across the Elm St south grass section close to the Triple Underpass. These 2 guys are ducking/crouched as they haul arse. They look like they were initially positioned down there in the general area close to the Triple Underpass/ North of Teague. Incoming sent them running and ducking. I think the Teague Fragment was recovered and probably other fragment(s) also. These fragments did Not match the Carcano. If you look at the film footage taken from the snipers nest a couple hours after the assassination, 5-6  Law Enforcement Officers are crowded around that man hole cover/cement area on the South side of Elm St. Law Enforcement even parked a car atop that South Elm grass section close to Main St. Studebaker took a photo of Elm St looking toward the TSBD that same day. In that photo you can also clearly see a CSI Suitcase wide open and sitting on that Elm South grass section. A contingent of Law Enforcement went through that South grass section with a fine tooth comb immediately after they sealed off Dealey Plaza that day. A Mass of Law Enforcement was solely focused on that South grass section for a reason.