Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Lincoln Assassination Status: a Still Open or Reopenable FBI Investigation?  (Read 12171 times)

Offline Bill Chapman

Advertisement
William Whaley created the legend of the LN fleeing the scene of the crime with curious lack of urgency, (ice water in Oswald's veins, cold blooded, reptilian killer, scrambled egg for a brain, per "reporter" Breslin, echoed by Nellie Connally) offering Whaley's cab to a woman who seemed to Whaley to communicate a greater air of urgency than the LN assassin.

Seems Oswald presented himself in a normal, minimally-noticed way at that point... fewer 'eyes on' and all that. Like chicken soup, it 'can't hurt' to look unhurried if indeed he had plugged the prez.

Too bad for you Oswald grave-site visitors that Dirty Harvey's 'Joe Cool' performance shot out the window (so-to-speak) in front of a certain shoe-store salesman.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 05:14:16 AM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline John Mytton

William Whaley created the legend of the LN fleeing the scene of the crime with curious lack of urgency, (ice water in Oswald's veins, cold blooded, reptilian killer, scrambled egg for a brain, per "reporter" Breslin, echoed by Nellie Connally) offering Whaley's
cab to a woman who seemed to Whaley to communicate a greater air of urgency than the LN assassin.

Whaley wrote the following affidavit the day after and he says that he told the lady there will be a cab behind him very soon and he wasn't sure if Oswald said anything at all.

Anyway I don't know why you people doubt Whaley and the Bus and Cab narrative because Oswald himself admitted that he caught a bus and cab.

Mr. BALL. I don't want you to say he admitted the transfer. I want you to tell me what he said about the transfer.
Mr. FRITZ. He told he that was the transfer the busdriver had given him when he caught the bus to go home. But he had told me if you will remember in our previous conversation that he rode the bus or on North Beckley and had walked home but in the meantime, sometime had told me about him riding a cab.
So, when I asked him about a cab ride if he had ridden in a cab he said yes, he had, he told me wrong about the bus, he had rode a cab. He said the reason he changed, that he rode the bus for a short distance, and the crowd was so heavy and traffic was so bad that he got out and caught a cab, and I asked him some other questions about the cab and I asked him what happened there when he caught the cab and he said there was a lady trying to catch a cab and he told the busdriver, the busdriver told him to tell the lady to catch the cab behind him and he said he rode that cab over near his home, he rode home in a cab.I asked him how much the cab fare was, he said 85 cents.

Mr. STERN - Yes. Did he ever complain that, "We have been over that ground before," or make any such statement?
Mr. BOOKHOUT - No; I don't recall anything along that line, but I can recall one subject matter probably in the first interview where he talked about his method of transportation after leaving the Texas Book Depository, having gotten on a bus, and then that subject was taken up again, as I recall, in the second interview, expressed the same answer at that time, and then subsequently to that interview he backed up and said that it wasn't actually true as to how he got home. That he had taken a bus, and due to the traffic jam he had left the bus and got a taxicab, by which means he actually arrived at his residence.

The not so pristine bus transfer.

JohnM
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 06:23:12 AM by John Mytton »

Offline John Iacoletti

Seems Oswald presented himself in a normal, minimally-noticed way at that point... fewer 'eyes on' and all that. Like chicken soup, it 'can't hurt' to look unhurried if indeed he had plugged the prez.

So how do you distinguish between an "unhurried" guy who just shot the president and an unhurried guy who didn't?

Too bad for you Oswald grave-site visitors that Dirty Harvey's 'Joe Cool' performance shot out the window (so-to-speak) in front of a certain shoe-store salesman.

Like you even know what Oswald did in front of a certain shoe-store salesman.

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Bill Chapman

So how do you distinguish between an "unhurried" guy who just shot the president and an unhurried guy who didn't?
>>> Exactly

>>> Brewer knows.

Offline John Iacoletti

>>> Exactly

So no matter how he acted that's "evidence of guilt".

>>> Brewer knows.

He "looked funny" whatever the hell that means.

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Denis Pointing

He "looked funny" whatever the hell that means.

Hi John, well, let's get the answer for that from the 'horse's mouth' : "Mr BREWER - He just looked funny to me. Well, in the first place, I had seen him some place before. I think he had been in my store before. And when you wait on somebody, you recognize them, and he just seemed funny. His hair was sort of messed up and looked like he had been running, and he looked seared, and he looked funny." Now, in-its-self the above means absolutely zero..untill it's put into context with the immediate surroundings. An officer had just been murdered a short distance away, police cars were racing up an down the street sirens blaring, as the police cars approached a man turns into the shop vestibule, once the cars pass the man leaves. Of course, none of this proves Oswald did anything wrong, that's not the point I'm trying to make. What I'm saying is that under those circumstances and that Oswald appeared as if "His hair was sort of messed up and looked like he had been running, and he looked seared", any reasonable person's suspicions would be aroused just as Brewer's was. To be fair this post isn't particularly aimed at yourself, it's directed at the many who've claimed Brewer never had any reason to be suspicious of Oswald 'just for looking into his shop window'.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 11:15:04 PM by Denis Pointing »

Offline Joe Elliott

"Booth's pistol?  LOL."  No one saw Booth pull the trigger or carry the pistol into Ford's theatre per the CTer standard.  He had worked there.  Just going about his business.  Afterward he heard a commotion and decided to go for a horseback ride since he figured the play was over.  Never convicted.  Presumed innocent.  Obviously he was killed to silence him.   

:D

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Tom Scully

"Booth's pistol?  LOL."  No one saw Booth pull the trigger or carry the pistol into Ford's theatre per the CTer standard.  He had worked there.  Just going about his business.  Afterward he heard a commotion and decided to go for a horseback ride since he figured the play was over.  Never convicted.  Presumed innocent.  Obviously he was killed to silence him.   

I deliberately did not display any mention of a "pistol" although the word is included in the article I linked to and can only assume Richard was influenced by.
My omission was intentional because it was predictable that word would be seized upon in the deflection driven, "drive by" posts deposited since in this thread by (disruptive) "contributors" not actually intent on contributing anything enlightening. Detraction results from deliberate distraction. The result is that this forum is what it is; (a daycare center of personal issues plagued personalities?) certainly not what it could be, a reference trove supported by numerous linked cites!

This year, the Rolling Stone article published in 1976, featuring then 17 years old Nate Orlowek, is 43 years old news....

Four months ago, this was reported.:
https://www.inquirer.com/news/john-wilkes-booth-lincoln-conspiracy-photo-recognition-20190415.html

Thank you for degrading this thread, Richard, et al. I expect some readers regard the "pistol" posts as meaningful contribution to discussion. The actual point of
the thread is the well supported observation that the debated issues about the JFK Assassination, 56 years on, will never be settled and may, as further time passes,
become even more unsettled if this continuing Booth controversy is any guide.

:D
Joe, thanks for weighing in!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derringer
Derringer

...The original Philadelphia Deringer was a single-shot muzzleloading percussion cap pistol introduced in 1852, by Henry Deringer. In total, approximately 15,000 Deringer pistols were manufactured.[1] All were single barrel pistols with back action percussion locks, typically .41 caliber with rifled bores, and walnut stocks. Barrel length varied from 1.5" to 6", and the hardware was commonly a copper-nickel alloy known as "German silver"....

« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 04:59:05 AM by Tom Scully »