Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Lack Of Damage To CE-399  (Read 65417 times)

Online Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
Re: Lack Of Damage To CE-399
« Reply #296 on: March 04, 2019, 01:25:12 AM »
Advertisement
Made WHAT? up, Andy... 
This part Wally:

"...Lee Oswald created these photos when he thought that the police would be chasing him after the hoax "attempt" to shoot General Walker.  He thought the photo would be published because he had tried to shoot General Walker and Castro Agents would see it and accept that he really was a supporter of the revolution.

The hoax fell apart because the police didn't really believe that  someone had tried to shoot Walker......"

That is the part you just made up.
It is a FACT that CE 133A has been "RETOUCHED".... and that "retouching" also appears in the De M print  which did not surface until February of 1967.
How is is it that anyone with expertise on photo retouching in 1963 concluded that it was not retouched?  Photo retouching can always be identified when looking at the granular pattern of the print or negative.  It might be disguised in the lithographic process for magazines but not on the prints or negatives.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #296 on: March 04, 2019, 01:25:12 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #297 on: March 04, 2019, 01:55:01 AM »
This part Wally:

"...Lee Oswald created these photos when he thought that the police would be chasing him after the hoax "attempt" to shoot General Walker.  He thought the photo would be published because he had tried to shoot General Walker and Castro Agents would see it and accept that he really was a supporter of the revolution.

The hoax fell apart because the police didn't really believe that  someone had tried to shoot Walker......"

That is the part you just made up.How is is it that anyone with expertise on photo retouching in 1963 concluded that it was not retouched?  Photo retouching can always be identified when looking at the granular pattern of the print or negative.  It might be disguised in the lithographic process for magazines but not on the prints or negatives.

Andy I'm no photo expert by any stretch...But the experts at LIFE and other publications said the photo had been retouched before they ever eceived them...and they also did a bit of reouching themselves when the published the photos. 

But a person doesn't heed to be an expert to see that what appears to be a sling or carrying strap on the rifle is nothing but some artists ( LHO)  rendition of a sling.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #298 on: March 04, 2019, 04:44:59 AM »
Andy I'm no photo expert by any stretch...But the experts at LIFE and other publications said the photo had been retouched before they ever eceived them...

You made that up too.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #298 on: March 04, 2019, 04:44:59 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #299 on: March 04, 2019, 05:35:53 AM »
The byp used for the Life magazine cover was retouched.
Not surprising, since virtually all published images undergo the process.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 05:37:08 AM by Bill Chapman »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #300 on: March 04, 2019, 03:26:10 PM »
You made that up too.

No, I didn't John... Are you so bent on being a jerk that you feel compelled to challenge everybody.....   

Who the hell are you to challenge Howard Brennan?.... He was there and he said that he saw a man STANDING and aiming a HIGH POWERED (ie;hunting)  rifle out of a sixth floor window.  Brennan described the man as in his early thirties, weighing as much as 175 pounds, and dressed in light colored khaki shirt and trousers.
If you weren't such a jerk you'd admit that Brennan could NOT have been describing the SE corner window because a man could not have STOOD behind that window and aimed a rifle out of the window, with the barrel of the rifle out side the window. 

As to the BY Photo that LIFE bought  do you believe that they didn't examine it very carefully?    Their photo expert noticed the retouching on the photo in the area of the scope, and the stock ......

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #300 on: March 04, 2019, 03:26:10 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #301 on: March 04, 2019, 03:30:18 PM »
The byp used for the Life magazine cover was retouched.
Not surprising, since virtually all published images undergo the process.

I'd say you're right ...because it makes sense.   And LIFE saw retouching on the BY photo before they published it....  Does this mean that some other publication had it prior to LIFE and had retouched the photo?    I donno,  but I doubt it......  I suspect that LHO retouched the photo to make the rifle more visible.....

As I recall Lee sent a BY photo to one of the communist publication that he subscribed too.... (Daily Worker?)    Perhaps that's where it had been retouched...
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 04:10:25 PM by Walt Cakebread »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #302 on: March 04, 2019, 06:11:20 PM »
No, I didn't John... Are you so bent on being a jerk that you feel compelled to challenge everybody.....   

I only challenge misinformation.  Please cite your evidence that "the experts at LIFE and other publications said the photo had been retouched before they ever received them".

Who the hell are you to challenge Howard Brennan?.... He was there and he said that he saw a man STANDING and aiming a HIGH POWERED (ie;hunting)  rifle out of a sixth floor window.  Brennan described the man as in his early thirties, weighing as much as 175 pounds, and dressed in light colored khaki shirt and trousers.
If you weren't such a jerk you'd admit that Brennan could NOT have been describing the SE corner window because a man could not have STOOD behind that window and aimed a rifle out of the window, with the barrel of the rifle out side the window. 

Brennan was a serial embellisher -- much like yourself, but if you're going to rely on Brennan, then be honest and admit that he was very specific about which window he was talking about.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #302 on: March 04, 2019, 06:11:20 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #303 on: March 06, 2019, 05:49:46 AM »
I don't mean retouching in the sinister sense that some people here do.