Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Lack Of Damage To CE-399  (Read 66678 times)

Offline Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
Re: Lack Of Damage To CE-399
« Reply #288 on: February 25, 2019, 05:17:01 AM »
Advertisement

Yes, she was quite wrong, and that what makes it so suspicious. Of course you would remember if you had to look down at an upside down image.
My point was that it is NOT upside-down. It is just switched right-left, which is not that obvious.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #288 on: February 25, 2019, 05:17:01 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #289 on: February 25, 2019, 02:15:43 PM »
My point was that it is NOT upside-down. It is just switched right-left, which is not that obvious.
A mirror was utilized to keep the image from inverting. I also found the Marina statement about the twin lens camera FBI statement CE 1788 http://www.aarclibrary.org/publib/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh23/pdf/WH23_CE_1788.pdf

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #290 on: February 26, 2019, 09:13:28 PM »
They were all taken with the Imperial Reflex 620 camera so it is apparent that she was wrong on thinking it was taken with a camera that had an eye-level viewfinder.

...or they weren't all taken with the Imperial Reflex 620 camera.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #290 on: February 26, 2019, 09:13:28 PM »

Offline Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
« Reply #291 on: March 01, 2019, 06:19:13 AM »
...or they weren't all taken with the Imperial Reflex 620 camera.
Why would that even matter?  133B and 133c were taken with it. 133A has the same depth of field and other characteristics. Marina said she took the pictures and there was no one else there. So there is no evidence that anyone but Marina took them with that camera.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #292 on: March 01, 2019, 04:19:19 PM »
Why would that even matter?  133B and 133c were taken with it. 133A has the same depth of field and other characteristics. Marina said she took the pictures and there was no one else there. So there is no evidence that anyone but Marina took them with that camera.

I have no problem accepting that Marina took CE 133A.....But there's no doubt that CE 133A  has been "retouched" and the what appears to be a sling has been added  to trick the viewer into believing the rifle had a sling attached.  And CE 133B is obviously an altered photo .....   I believe that Lee Oswald created these photos when he thought that the police would be chasing him after the hoax "attempt" to shoot General Walker.  He thought the photo would be published because he had tried to shoot General Walker and Castro Agents would see it and accept that he really was a supporter of the revolution.

The hoax fell apart because the police didn't really believe that  someone had tried to shoot Walker......

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #292 on: March 01, 2019, 04:19:19 PM »

Offline Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
« Reply #293 on: March 01, 2019, 06:59:33 PM »
I have no problem accepting that Marina took CE 133A.....But there's no doubt that CE 133A  has been "retouched" and the what appears to be a sling has been added  to trick the viewer into believing the rifle had a sling attached.  And CE 133B is obviously an altered photo .....   I believe that Lee Oswald created these photos when he thought that the police would be chasing him after the hoax "attempt" to shoot General Walker.  He thought the photo would be published because he had tried to shoot General Walker and Castro Agents would see it and accept that he really was a supporter of the revolution.

The hoax fell apart because the police didn't really believe that  someone had tried to shoot Walker......
Ok. You just made that up.  I can make up an even more interesting possibility, but I prefer to stick to evidence.

Offline Jack Trojan

« Reply #294 on: March 04, 2019, 12:43:53 AM »
Roscoe White and the DPD were behind the BYPs.  Roscoe was no stranger to shenanigans in the darkroom. The BYPs were part of Oswald's sheep-dipping and the DPD's aim was to leak a photo showing Oswald with the alleged murder weapons and commie lit. The reason the scope was left on the rifle was to match the BYPs, otherwise, it was more than useless to an assassin and when did Oswald wipe off all his prints from the rifle? Also note that only CE 133A was good enough quality to read the heading on the commie lit.

The DPD have so many incriminating connections to the BYPs it's just more Keystone Cops from them. From their backyard "re-enactments" to their darkroom cutouts from a negative that appeared out of no where and was never admitted into evidence. This one stinks from the way the DPD collected the evidence to the eventual leaked photo CE 133A that landed on the front page of Life.

CE 133A is the smoking gun. Its quality does not match the other photos. It's too good and was NOT taken with the Imperial Reflex 620 camera. CE 133A does not have the same lens distortion as the other photos, in particular the "spherical aberration" of CE 133A was not common to all the photos. Spherical aberration occurs outside the "sweet spot" of the lens where the image is in focus and there is minimal distortion. Good lenses have minimal spherical aberration. CE 133A was taken with a good lens. It was the "money shot" and was not taken with the Imperial Reflex camera.

For example, the following blended GIF shows a comparison of CE 133A and C. I tried to match up the background as best I could but that spherical aberration got in the way and stood out like a sore thumb. Note that the differences in distortion between these 2 photos were NOT caused by a simple tilt of the camera.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 02:28:09 AM by Jack Trojan »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #294 on: March 04, 2019, 12:43:53 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #295 on: March 04, 2019, 12:55:56 AM »
Ok. You just made that up.  I can make up an even more interesting possibility, but I prefer to stick to evidence.

Made WHAT? up, Andy...  It is a FACT that CE 133A has been "RETOUCHED".... and that "retouching" also appears in the De M print  which did not surface until February of 1967.