JFK Assassination Discussion & Debate > JFK Assassination Discussion & Debate

Lack Of Damage To CE-399

<< < (2/85) > >>

Jerry Freeman:
Where is the proof that CE-399 was fired at the motorcade that day?

Andrew Mason:

--- Quote from: Tim Nickerson on January 20, 2019, 07:41:06 PM ---
You were saying?

Olivier offered that the longitudinal dimension could possibly be explained by a tangential strike if the strike was at a slight angle on his back so that it came in cutting the skin but refused to commit himself on it because he hadn't actually seen the wound.

--- End quote ---
So, as I was saying, Dr. Olivier said that the wound could be caused by a tangential strike or a yawing bullet and he could not say which was more probable, just that "With this particular bullet those would be the two probable causes of this wound of this size".In other words he did not agree with your assertion the the wound measurement proved that it was made by a tumbling/yawing bullet.

Oscar Navarro:

--- Quote from: Andrew Mason on January 20, 2019, 09:11:05 PM ---So, as I was saying, Dr. Olivier said that the wound could be caused by a tangential strike or a yawing bullet and he could not say which was more probable, just that "With this particular bullet those would be the two probable causes of this wound of this size".In other words he did not agree with your assertion the the wound measurement proved that it was made by a tumbling/yawing bullet.

--- End quote ---

If the wound was caused by a tangential strike then it had to have been a pristine bullet. At the angle it entered JBC back and exited from just below his right nipple from where would the shot have originated from?

Royell Storing:

--- Quote from: Oscar Navarro on January 21, 2019, 05:13:19 PM ---If the wound was caused by a tangential strike then it had to have been a pristine bullet. At the angle it entered JBC back and exited from just below his right nipple from where would the shot have originated from?

--- End quote ---

"A" pristine bullet takes in a lot of territory. Not to mention it distances itself from "THE" pristine bullet.

Tim Nickerson:

--- Quote from: Andrew Mason on January 20, 2019, 09:11:05 PM ---So, as I was saying, Dr. Olivier said that the wound could be caused by a tangential strike or a yawing bullet and he could not say which was more probable, just that "With this particular bullet those would be the two probable causes of this wound of this size".In other words he did not agree with your assertion the the wound measurement proved that it was made by a tumbling/yawing bullet.

--- End quote ---

A tangential strike using the dimension that Olivier was using would have meant that the bullet made a grazing wound not a penetrating one. Olivier did not see the wound nor even a drawing of it. He did not view the pathological data pertaining to the wound, as Larry Sturdivan did.

Mr. STURDIVAN - As I recall from reviewing the same material that the forensic pathologists reviewed, the entry hole had been excised and destroyed by the surgeons at Parkland Memorial, but that a subsequent description of that hole was given which, as I recall, was elliptical, and in attempting to make a drawing of the shape of that hole, the surgeon drew an ellipse on a piece of paper. The ellipse that was drawn measured 8 millimeters by 15 millimeters. However, I am not sure that indicated the size of the hole so much as the elliptical shape.
Mr. FITHIAN - So, is it your judgment, then, that the bullet had to have struck something else and was tumbling when it hit Governor Connally?
Mr. STURDIVAN - If it indeed had the shape that was described, then it would have to have been yawed and having been yawed, it would require that it struck something else before it struck the Governor.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version