Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Lack Of Damage To CE-399  (Read 65482 times)

Offline Liam Kelly

Re: Lack Of Damage To CE-399
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2019, 12:53:54 AM »
Advertisement
Splitting hairs Tim,
Tomlinson found the bullet and called  O.P. Wright , the two examined the bullet and handed it to
the secret service.
Wright said the bullets were not the same when showed a photo of CE399 by
author Josiah Thompson in Nov 1966.
Im not particularly a fan but I have no reason to doubt the
story as it was a 'first hand' account.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2019, 12:53:54 AM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2019, 01:28:37 AM »
Splitting hairs Tim,
Tomlinson found the bullet and called  O.P. Wright , the two examined the bullet and handed it to
the secret service.
Wright said the bullets were not the same when showed a photo of CE399 by
author Josiah Thompson in Nov 1966.
Im not particularly a fan but I have no reason to doubt the
story as it was a 'first hand' account.

It was not a first hand account. We have no statement from Wright himself. It was a third person account by Thompson. There is no corroboration for that account by Thompson.  He claims that there were two witnesses to that account but they are both now deceased. Neither of his two witnesses ever went on record substantiating his claim. He has no trouble suggesting that Elmer Todd was a liar. Why should he be given any more respect than he's willing to give others like Todd?

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2019, 02:25:13 AM »
CE-399 is an established fact. Allow the golden calf. It was presented and worshiped as the one true solution by the cretin Warren gang. Analyze their blunder here.....   https://kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-articles/the-impossible-one-day-journey-of-ce-399 The Commission had to accept this farce. The alternative -another shooter-was unacceptable.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2019, 02:25:13 AM »

Offline Liam Kelly

« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2019, 09:02:46 AM »
Oh dear,
Tim in this particular example 'first hand' means that the conveyor of the information
ie Thompson himself, was in some way witness to the substance of the info.
Thompson asserts this info was supplied by Wright to himself .
That... is first hand, whether you like or not, and I am at a loss as to where 'third hand' comes from.

Secondly, I have no idea if Thompson is  a man  who lies or tells the truth,
but, Thompson made this incident quite public, I have never heard of his account being challenged
or denied and I have no reason at all to suspect he made it up.

If someone tells me something , I dont just assume that person is lying unless I have some other  reliable knowledge
that alerts me to the possibilty.
I have know such knowledge in this case ... about Thomson or Wright.

If you have evidence to the contrary I'm absolutely all 'ears' or if you like ... all eyes.

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2019, 10:09:17 AM »
Oh dear,
Tim in this particular example 'first hand' means that the conveyor of the information
ie Thompson himself, was in some way witness to the substance of the info.
Thompson asserts this info was supplied by Wright to himself .
That... is first hand, whether you like or not, and I am at a loss as to where 'third hand' comes from.

Secondly, I have no idea if Thompson is  a man  who lies or tells the truth,
but, Thompson made this incident quite public, I have never heard of his account being challenged
or denied and I have no reason at all to suspect he made it up.

If someone tells me something , I dont just assume that person is lying unless I have some other  reliable knowledge
I have know such knowledge in this case ... about Thomson or Wright.

If you have evidence to the contrary I'm absolutely all 'ears' or if you like ... all eyes.

Actually Thompson is a fairly respected researcher and I'm not comfortable in suggesting that he would knowingly tell something that he believed to be untrue. I have wrongly lumped him in together with John Hunt. It is Hunt who has called Elmer Todd a liar. Not just Todd, but Robert Frazier as well. Wright may have very well recalled that the bullet was pointed. If that is the case then he recalled wrong. Like Wright, Tomlinson was interviewed three or four years later and he said that someone with the FBI showed him a bullet that appeared to be the one that he had found. That's not to say that he positively identified it. It just looked the same.

Thompson and Gary Aguilar made a big deal out of two differently worded reports on what Wright and Tomlinson said when shown CE-399 by an FBI agent. One report said that they both said that it appeared to be the same one they handled but that they could not positively identify it. The other report just said that neither of them could identify it. Thompson and Aguilar presented it as that the two reports conflicted with one another and that the first one was really a fabrication.

CE-399 was also shown by an FBI Agent to the two Secret Service Agents who had handled it. Neither of them could positively identify it because they hadn't marked it. The FBI agent who showed the bullet to them and wrote the report on the showings was able to identify his own mark that he had placed on the bullet after receiving it from Secret Service Agent James Rowley. That FBI Agent's name was Elmer Todd.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2019, 10:09:17 AM »

Online Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2019, 01:40:05 PM »

Why does that principle not apply to the statements of Agent Todd who positively identified CE399 as the bullet that was handed to him by Agent Rowley who, at the time, said it had been handed to him by Agent Johnson who, in turn, said it had been given to him by O.P. Wright. who said it had been given to him by Darrell Thomlinson.  What reliable knowledge do you have that any of those people were lying?

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2019, 02:28:37 PM »
Why does that principle not apply to the statements of Agent Todd who positively identified CE399 as the bullet that was handed to him by Agent Rowley who, at the time, said it had been handed to him by Agent Johnson who, in turn, said it had been given to him by O.P. Wright. who said it had been given to him by Darrell Thomlinson.  What reliable knowledge do you have that any of those people were lying?

A little bit less deceptive please, counselor...?..

Why does that principle not apply to the statements of Agent Todd who positively identified CE399 as the bullet that was handed to him by Agent Rowley who, at the time, - without being able to positively identify the bullet itself - said it had been handed to him by Agent Johnson who, in turn, - without being able to positively identify the bullet itself - said it had been given to him by O.P. Wright. who - without being able to positively identify the bullet itself - said it had been given to him by Darrell Thomlinson, who could not positively identify the bullet itself.  What reliable knowledge do you have that any of those people were lying?

There, I fixed it for you.

And to answer your question; nobody was lying. Tomlinson gave a bullet to Wright, who in turn gave it to Johnson, who in turn gave it to Rowley, who in turn gave it Todd, but none of the first four men could identify the bullet now in evidence as CE399 as the one they had passed on.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2019, 02:28:37 PM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2019, 02:30:15 PM »
Actually Thompson is a fairly respected researcher and I'm not comfortable in suggesting that he would knowingly tell something that he believed to be untrue.

In reading "Six Seconds in Dallas," I suspect that Thompson was "leading" the witness Sam Holland. In a dramatic apogee worthy of Gordon Ramsey's "24 Hours to Hell and Back", Thompson wrote (p 127-29, Geis):

"When we took Holland to the assassination site and asked him to
     stand in the position where he found the curious footprints and saw
     the smoke, his head appears in the exact position defined by this
     shape. Earlier, we had shown him the Moorman photo in a
     particularly clear print. He looked at the photo for a long time,
     and then announced:

Well, now you have something there ... I didn't see this before.
        [Almost twenty seconds pass, then Holland continues:] Well do
        you know I think that you're looking right down at the barrel of
        that gun right now!

And that's not where Holland saw the "smoke" anyway. He saw it in a line-of-sight to the retaining wall.

The day before the interview with Holland, Thompson interviewed Marilyn Sitzman who stood about 150 ft closer to the fence corner than was Holland. Sitzman was also elevated and could see down towards the fence line and into the parking lot. She had no recollection of a figure standing there. Thompson therefore ignored the better witness.