Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Lack Of Damage To CE-399  (Read 67126 times)

Online Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
Re: Lack Of Damage To CE-399
« Reply #264 on: February 20, 2019, 03:55:26 AM »
Advertisement
It's not just extreme, it's a faulty analogy.  A more appropriate analogy is me holding up a bunch of random pixels and just claiming that they combine to form the picture of Dave killing the victim.  Then losing the pixels.
Then you aren't going to be able to present the pixels as evidence. What evidence was lost?

No, what I'm saying is that you have 4 witnesses.  One says yellow bus, one says blue car, one says red truck, and one says orange SUV.  The prosecutor says well, the police said they arrested a guy in a red truck, so obviously the other 3 were mistaken.
If you have 4 witnesses and all saying 4 different things, there may be a much better chance that they are deliberately lying and making it up than honestly relating what they saw. Honest witnesses are just not that wildly different in recalling events. As I said, you can make up anything. It doesn't mean it happens in real life.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #264 on: February 20, 2019, 03:55:26 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #265 on: February 20, 2019, 04:42:37 PM »
Then you aren't going to be able to present the pixels as evidence. What evidence was lost?

Arjan Hut had a thread on the old forum called "Erasing the past to protect a fairytale" in which he compiled hundreds of examples of evidence that should exist but for whatever reason is now "missing".  He's resurrected the list on another forum.  But to give you a few examples, the Klein's microfilm, the negative for the CE133A backyard photo, and the alleged prints on the CE142 large paper bag.

If you have 4 witnesses and all saying 4 different things, there may be a much better chance that they are deliberately lying and making it up than honestly relating what they saw. Honest witnesses are just not that wildly different in recalling events. As I said, you can make up anything. It doesn't mean it happens in real life.

Ok, so what does it mean if different witnesses near say a police officer shooting describe a man wearing a white jacket, a dark wool coat, a long coat, a brown jacket, a gray jacket, and a tan jacket?

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #266 on: February 20, 2019, 10:22:56 PM »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #266 on: February 20, 2019, 10:22:56 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #267 on: February 20, 2019, 10:37:47 PM »
Are you claiming that CE399 only hit flesh?  Interesting...

Are you claiming that I said that?  Interesting...

Online Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
« Reply #268 on: February 21, 2019, 03:49:09 AM »
Arjan Hut had a thread on the old forum called "Erasing the past to protect a fairytale" in which he compiled hundreds of examples of evidence that should exist but for whatever reason is now "missing".  He's resurrected the list on another forum.  But to give you a few examples, the Klein's microfilm, the negative for the CE133A backyard photo, and the alleged prints on the CE142 large paper bag.
This is not exactly missing evidence. In each case, there is evidence of what they showed.  Marina said that she took the photos and there were, in fact, at least two identical prints that turned up.  There is no rule of evidence that one has to produce a negative of every photograph that is entered or that a court is required to order production if asked to do so. The Klein's microfilm was used to produce the records using a process that simply copied the information. I think it is the original documents that were missing.  The large paper bag was subjected to destructive fingerprint processes so they made a similar bag to show what the original looked like.  But before it was damaged, it was photographed (with a ruler).

With a big investigation like this, I am surprised there weren't more things that have gone missing. If it was part of a plot by law enforcement, I am not sure why these items would have been chosen to get "lost".

Ok, so what does it mean if different witnesses near say a police officer shooting describe a man wearing a white jacket, a dark wool coat, a long coat, a brown jacket, a gray jacket, and a tan jacket?
My recollection is that there was reasonable consistency in the description of what he was wearing.  Having said that "white", "tan" and "gray" could be just a semantic difference in description - they all refer to a light colour.  I would be interested to know who said he wore a long coat or a dark wool coat though.  Can you provide me with the source of your information with citations to the actual statements? 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #268 on: February 21, 2019, 03:49:09 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #269 on: February 21, 2019, 07:21:20 PM »
Marina said that she took the photos

Marina said that she took one photo with a black camera that you hold up to your face.  Then she changed that to two photos.

There is no rule of evidence that one has to produce a negative of every photograph that is entered or that a court is required to order production if asked to do so.

If one wants to claim that a certain camera took a certain photo, I think one does. Or if an examination of an enlargement of a purported area of said negative is conducted without having the negative to validate it.

The Klein's microfilm was used to produce the records using a process that simply copied the information. I think it is the original documents that were missing.

The microfilm itself is missing too.  So we're left with having to take somebody's word for it that the copies reflect what was actually on the film and that the film reflects the original documents.

The large paper bag was subjected to destructive fingerprint processes so they made a similar bag to show what the original looked like.  But before it was damaged, it was photographed (with a ruler).

So we're left with having to take somebody's word for it that the now destroyed prints were those of a particular person.

I would be interested to know who said he wore a long coat or a dark wool coat though.  Can you provide me with the source of your information with citations to the actual statements?

Mr. BALL. I have a jacket, I would like to show you, which is Commission Exhibit No. 162. Does this look anything like the jacket that the man had on that was going across your lawn?
Mrs. [Barbara] DAVIS. No, sir.
Mr. BALL. How is it different?
Mrs. DAVIS. Well, it was dark and to me it looked like it was maybe a wool fabric, it looked sort of rough. Like more of a sporting jacket.

Frank Wright interview:

"I looked around to see what had happened. I knew there had been a shooting. I saw a man standing right in front of the car. He was looking toward the man on the ground. He stood there for a while and looked at the man. The man who was standing in front of him was about medium height. He had on a long coat. It ended just above his hands." 

Marrs, Crossfire,
Summers, The Kennedy Conspiracy
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 07:22:13 PM by John Iacoletti »

Online Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
« Reply #270 on: February 23, 2019, 12:00:18 AM »

Mr. BALL. I have a jacket, I would like to show you, which is Commission Exhibit No. 162. Does this look anything like the jacket that the man had on that was going across your lawn?
Mrs. [Barbara] DAVIS. No, sir.
Mr. BALL. How is it different?
Mrs. DAVIS. Well, it was dark and to me it looked like it was maybe a wool fabric, it looked sort of rough. Like more of a sporting jacket.
Were there any other witnesses who said he had a dark jacket?  I notice that her sister, Virginia Davis, who was standing with her said that the man who had the gun had a "light brown tan jacket" (6 H 457).  Others gave similar descriptions.   You can have outliers in any group but they are rarely corroborated.  Minds can play tricks but they rarely play the same tricks on more than one person.

Frank Wright interview:

"I looked around to see what had happened. I knew there had been a shooting. I saw a man standing right in front of the car. He was looking toward the man on the ground. He stood there for a while and looked at the man. The man who was standing in front of him was about medium height. He had on a long coat. It ended just above his hands." 
He defines "long coat" as a coat that ends just above the hands.  The waist is just above the hands.  So this was a possibly slightly longer than waist length jacket.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 12:01:53 AM by Andrew Mason »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #270 on: February 23, 2019, 12:00:18 AM »

Online Jerry Organ

« Reply #271 on: February 23, 2019, 12:15:10 AM »
He defines "long coat" as a coat that ends just above the hands.  The waist is just above the hands.  So this was a possibly slightly longer than waist length jacket.

Almost sounds like Wright is referring to the jacket sleeves being so long that the cuff end went beyond Oswald's scrawny wrists.