Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Zapruder film a psy-op from da "git go" or only after Time-Life gate-keep "buy"?  (Read 3154 times)

Offline Tom Scully

Advertisement
Is there any evidence Zapruder assistant Lillian Rogers was subject of FBI interview, DPD affidavit, or WC inquiry/testimony?
After all, doesn't Lillian Rogers appear in the first frames of the original Zapruder film?

Is there any evidence of official acknowledgement/reporting that Lillian Rogers was the spouse of:

The FBI and DPD did a less than thorough job as eyes and ears of the WC inquiry. Dale Myers was an unimpressive later contributor....

BTW, does it seem more entertaining than interesting to you that Stone, CD Jackson, Phil Strong, and his Hill School and
Princeton roommate W. Brainerd Spencer (best man in wedding of William P Burke, NOLA CIA office chief), are all
Hill School alumni?

The grandson of Gen. Phil Strong, USMC, wrote that the future editor in chief of Time, Otto Fuerbringer was the guide in 1937 of then Capt. Phil Strong
on Strong's presumed ONI sponosored, 1937 "walking trip" across Germany and Russia....
I Never Knew My Grandfather, Only What He Pretended to Be | Tor.com
https://www.tor.com/2013/08/09/toby-barlow-cia-agent-babayaga/
Aug 9, 2013 - Read on as the author tells us a tale about his grandfather, waiting on a German train in 1937?. My grandfather ... Once they arrive in Berlin, Leko will strike up an acquaintance with a fellow name Otto Fuerbringer. This Otto ...

Why did Time-Life Los Angeles bureau chief Richard Stolley put such emphasis on misrepresenting where Lillian Rogers grew up and thus,
how he allegedly "won her over" with a common interest in obscure Illinois highschool basketball "fandom" that provably did not happen?

Why so many Skull & Bones members (only 15 Yale junior class members invited annually to be lifelong members of Skull & Bones?

« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 10:07:36 PM by Tom Scully »

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Thomas Graves

Is there any evidence Zapruder assistant Lillian Rogers was subject of FBI interview, DPD affidavit, or WC inquiry/testimony?
After all, doesn't Lillian Rogers appear in the first frames of the original Zapruder film?

Is there any evidence of official acknowledgement/reporting that Lillian Rogers was the spouse of:

The grandson of Gen. Phil Strong, USMC, wrote that the future editor in chief of Time, Otto Fuerbringer was the guide in 1937 of then Capt. Phil Strong
on Strong's presumed ONI sponosored, 1937 "walking trip" across Germany and Russia....
Why did Time-Life Los Angeles bureau chief Richard Stolley put such emphasis on misrepresenting where Lillian Rogers grew up and thus,
how he allegedly "won her over" with a common interest in obscure Illinois highschool basketball "fandom" that provably did not happen?

Why so many Skull & Bones members (only 15 Yale junior class members invited annually to be lifelong members of Skull & Bones?

Dear Master Eighteen-Degrees Inscrutable,

LOL!

-- Mudd Wrassler Tommy  :)

Online Robert Reeves

... and not the only Zapruder *assistant* to evade any serious interest in her version of events. Zapruder employee Peggy Burney allegedly witnessed the assassination on Elm St but doesn't appear to have been questioned by FBI or WC. Limo stopping ... might have put them off going 'there'.

Have you seen this, Tom? https://breezecourier.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubsectionID=1&ArticleID=148129

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Tom Scully

... and not the only Zapruder *assistant* to evade any serious interest in her version of events. Zapruder employee Peggy Burney allegedly witnessed the assassination on Elm St but doesn't appear to have been questioned by FBI or WC. Limo stopping ... might have put them off going 'there'.

Have you seen this, Tom? https://breezecourier.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubsectionID=1&ArticleID=148129

Robert, funny you should ask about the "award winning" breezecourier.com attempted hometown linking to
the Zapruder film on the eve of the 2013, fiftieth anniversary!

The publisher of the Taylorville, IL Breeze Courier is also the author of the 2013 article you linked to in your post.
I found and read her Lillian Rogers/Taylorville article in the course of my research into the obscurity of the origins of the Zapruder assistant
who seemed to have literally made the film happen. I thought the Zapruder family was selfish in not properly crediting her influential role
and not sharing their Time-Life and later US taxpayer payments with Lillian Rogers.

By the time I contacted the article author/publisher in 2014 and she returned my phone call, I knew from my research, and informed her
that THE Lillian Rogers was originally Lillian Virginia Dancoff, who grew up and attended school nearly 100 miles from Taylorville, in Caseyville, IL.

Marylee Rasar seemed interested in my research related to Lillian, and I even credited and pointed Ms. Rasar to the article by a researcher I discovered when
I attempted to determine if my research results were original. It turned out he (Chris Scally) beat me to it!
https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=146598&search=dancoff#relPageId=6&tab=page
An Interesting and Mysterious Lady
This happens to me frequently....I search and find nothing and then expend considerable time pursuing discovery on pay sites like ancestry.com
and then use the details I unearth to do more informed search engine searches and this avoids claiming credit for what I first expect is my on original discovery.

Could this be the reason Marylee Rasar has not corrected her article in the past five years?
Northwest Herald earns state APME awards | Northwest Herald
https://www.nwherald.com/2014/06/13/northwest-herald-earns-state-apme-awards/a4949wy/?page=7
Jun 13, 2014 - 3rd Place: Marylee Rasar, The Breeze-Courier, Taylorville, "Looking for Lillian". Div. C. PUBLIC SERVICE. 1st Place: Staff, Daily Chronicle, ...

IAPME announces annual contest winners - NewsOK
https://newsok.com/article/feed/680119/iapme-announces-annual-contest-winners
Apr 25, 2014 - 3rd Place: Marylee Rasar, The Breeze-Courier, Taylorville, "Looking for Lillian". Div. C. PUBLIC SERVICE. 1st Place: Staff, Daily Chronicle, ...

Here is some of the damage this sloppy journalist is responsible for, (along with journalist Richard Stolley embracing her inaccurate BS....)
A bucketful of BS:
Twenty-Six Seconds: A Personal History of the Zapruder Film
https://books.google.com/books?isbn=1455574805
Alexandra Zapruder - 2016 - ‎Biography & Autobiography
A Personal History of the Zapruder Film Alexandra Zapruder ... and he knew all about her favorite team, the Taylorville Tornadoes, who had won hearts for their ...

LIFE The Day Kennedy Died: Fifty Years Later: LIFE Remembers the Man ...
https://books.google.com/books?isbn=1618939386
Editors of LIFE Books - 2013 - ‎Biography & Autobiography
... Taylorville High School, was consistently one of the best in Illinois?and said so. ... My brief relationship with Lillian Rogers was cited years later, long after ...

Santa Fean recalls day he secured rights to video of JFK assassination
http://www.santafenewmexican.com/news/local_news/santa-fean-recalls-day-he-secured-rights-to-video-of/article_460e34d9-ecf0-51fb-b410-9fef8cb94bfb.html
Nov 16, 2013 - While waiting for him to finish, Stolley passed the time talking to Zapruder's assistant, Lillian Rogers.
She was from Taylorsville, a small town in ...
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 11:21:21 PM by Tom Scully »

Offline Chris Scally

Hi Tom and Robert:

The "Breeze Courier" published a follow-up article on 11/12/2016, based on an updated version of my "Dealey Plaza Echo" article of 2012 (which you cited earlier, Tom, referring to the MFF site).

In the course of my research, I was told that that Lillian had given a recorded / oral-history-type interview to one member of her family at some point, although I was never able to trace either the un-named family member or a copy of the recording. I was also told that this oral history-style interview was the only time that Lillian had ever spoken (even to her family) about her personal role in the events of the weekend of the assassination.

Lillian passed away at her home in Dallas on September 21, 2005, but I have never been able to find an obituary or even a death notice in any of the Dallas area newspapers, and her house was subsequently sold and is now owned by someone completely unrelated to the family.

I would be extremely interested in any new information that you might be able to uncover - Lillian's story has intrigued me for many, many years!

Chris.

[Updated to correct typo, and add information]

« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 12:19:09 PM by Chris Scally »

JFK Assassination Forum