Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Were Jack Ruby and LHO Acquaintances?  (Read 5385 times)

Offline Dan Allen

Were Jack Ruby and LHO Acquaintances?
« on: January 14, 2019, 06:12:01 AM »
Advertisement
One of the most important elements in the Oswald Didn't Do It Alone story is the reports of his connection to Jack Ruby before the Big Event on November 22, 1963. I thought that connection was proven, but today, I listened to an interview of Dallas Detective Jim LeaVelle, who says he spent years trying to find a connection between Ruby and Oswald.  He said that whenever he investigated claims of the being seen together, it always turned out the story was false.

Beverly Oliver says she was introduced to LHO by Ruby. 

Do you know anything about this?

JFK Assassination Forum

Were Jack Ruby and LHO Acquaintances?
« on: January 14, 2019, 06:12:01 AM »

Offline Oscar Navarro

Re: Were Jack Ruby and LHO Acquaintances?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 11:32:21 AM »

Offline Louis Earl

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 01:02:50 AM »
At one of the annual JFK assassination conferences held in Dallas, I think maybe the 40th anniversary, I recollect that Jim Hosty said he thought they knew each other.  He did not elaborate.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 01:02:50 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2019, 03:03:22 AM »
Were Jack Ruby and LHO Acquaintances? There are several reasons why it was extremely doubtful.
However, there were incidences that pointed to an Oswald look alike in the company of Jack Ruby.

Offline Oscar Navarro

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2019, 07:24:28 PM »
Were Jack Ruby and LHO Acquaintances? There are several reasons why it was extremely doubtful.
However, there were incidences that pointed to an Oswald look alike in the company of Jack Ruby.

That would be Curtis LaVerne "Larry" Crafard
https://spartacus-educational.com/JFKcrafard.htm

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2019, 07:24:28 PM »

Offline Robert Doane

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2019, 09:30:18 PM »
This is not really much of a connection but I remember seeing a video on JFKfacts.org, Jack Ruby and a friend a few years before assassination in/at a parade and Ruby's friend is seen on the video taking photos with Minox camera. Oswald would have still been in USSR at the time. I'm just surprised more hadn't been made of it.

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2019, 09:57:09 AM »
The FBI and DPD did a less than thorough job as eyes and ears of the WC inquiry. Dale Myers was an unimpressive later contributor....

I hate BS and those who dish it out. This, for example, is utter BS:

http://www.santafenewmexican.com/news/local_news/santa-fean-recalls-day-he-secured-rights-to-video-of/article_460e34d9-ecf0-51fb-b410-9fef8cb94bfb.html
Santa Fean recalls day he secured rights to video of JFK assassination
By Anne Constable
The New Mexican Nov 16, 2013

...After they watched the film, Stolley and the grim-faced Secret Service agents left the room without saying anything to one another.

Other reporters showed up, and Zapruder screened the film for them. While waiting for him to finish, Stolley passed the time talking to Zapruder?s assistant, Lillian Rogers. She was from Taylorsville, a small town in southern Illinois. He knew the town. At age 15, Stolley had begun covering high school sports for the Pekin Daily Times, his hometown newspaper. During his last year on the job, Taylorsville had won the state football championship. ?I raved about the team, and she beamed,? Stolley said.

When the screening was over, everyone gathered in the hallway, and Zapruder announced, ?Mr. Stolley was the first to contact me, so I feel I should talk to him first.?...

Illinois Central Magazine - Volumes 27-28
https://books.google.com/books?id=tokzAAAAIAAJ
1938 - ‎
FOUND INSIDE
Claire Pimm, Louisiana Di- sision Editor. "A friend of the family" submits this snapshot of Lillian Dancoff, 13, Casey - ville. III., with the explanation that she is the daughter of Craneman John Dancoff, granddaughter of Joe Vargo, hostler, and niece of Julius Vargo, hostler, all three of whom work in the East St. Louis shops.

Zapruder's assistant Lillian Dancoff Rogers grew up in Caseyville, IL, 82 miles distant from Taylorville, featured in Stolley's BS recollection!
LINK  1 h 24 min (82.5 mi) via IL-48 S and I-55 S

https://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh26/pdf/WH26_CE_3001.pdf

LINK
With Malice: Lee Harvey Oswald and the Murder of Officer J. D. Tippit
By Dale K. (clueless) Myers

« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 10:03:51 AM by Tom Scully »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2019, 09:57:09 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2019, 07:05:31 PM »
...there were incidences that pointed to an Oswald look alike in the company of Jack Ruby.
The Dobbs House story is one case and point. It seemed uncharacteristic of Oswald to to be eating breakfast at a restaurant at that particular time...and also to make overt loud complaints as there was no such history of public outbursts.
From the Warren Report..
Indications of Oswald's motivation may be obtained from a study of the events, relationships and influences which appear to have been significant in shaping his character and in guiding him. Perhaps the most outstanding conclusion of such a study is that Oswald was profoundly alienated from the world in which he lived. Page 376 WR
IOW-a mouse.