Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Did Oswald Go To Mexico City?  (Read 78228 times)

Offline Thomas Graves

Re: Did Oswald Go To Mexico City?
« Reply #368 on: February 03, 2020, 11:19:12 PM »
Advertisement
This Bagley fellow, agitated, crafty crafter of opinions?

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=199814&relPageId=5

Scully,

Are you suggesting that Tennent H. Bagley, whom John Newman points out was on the fast track to becoming DCI until false-defector Nosenko started rocking CIA's boat two months after the assassination, was "agitated" when he conveyed the above information to Sam Papich right after the assassination?

That he was a "crafty crafter of (CIA/FBI) opinions"?

You sound as though brainwashed-by-Mangold-and-Wise, Kisevalter-loving Jefferson Morley has gotten to you.

Aren't you describing your "class warfare"-oriented, propagandistic self, here, Scully (but your audience, of course, is comprised of people who are already predisposed to hating the evil, evil, evil CIA, the evil, evil, evil FBI, the evil, evil, evil NSA, etc)?

Do you know anything about the former East German intelligence operative mentioned in the memo, Gurnter Schulz, aka FBI's "Tumbleweed"?

You do realize, don't you, that the NKVD got several of their agents into the OSS and the CIA (and the FBI, evidently) by letting  them be captured by the Germans during WW II, and (unsuccessfully) "turned" by, or otherwise assimilated into, the easily-duped Gehlen Organization? 

Alexandr "Sasha" Karpatzky (aka Igor Orlov) comes to mind.  Factoid: I think Bagley's thwarting / counterproductive "helper" in interviewing Nosenko in Geneva in June 1962 and in January 1964, George Kisevalter, was Golitsy's mole,"Sasha," instead.

Rhetorical question:  What led the FBI and CIA to tentatively conclude that Kostikov was "Department 13," as is mentioned in the memo?

Answer:  The KGB triple-agent who duped Hoover for fifteen years, Aleksey Kulak (aka "Fedora" -- look him up) told the FBI that "Tumbleweed's KGB handler in the U.S., Igor Brykin at the U.N., was ... gasp ... "Department 13, and "Tumbleweed," himself, told the FBI that he and Brykin had met with Kostikov in Mexico City to get instructions for a sabotage mission in the U.S.!

In other words, Hoover was fooled (yet again) by a KGB triple-agent in the FBI ("Fedora"), and Hoover, in turn, misled CIA into believing that a (poor Russian-speaking / poor English-speaking) "Oswald" impostor had been told on October 1, 1963 (over a sure-to-be-tapped-by-CIA phone line) that he ("Oswald") had met with made-radioactive-by-now "Kostikov" on Saturday, September 28.

D'oh

--  MWT   ;)

« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 01:05:54 AM by Thomas Graves »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #368 on: February 03, 2020, 11:19:12 PM »

Offline John Tonkovich

« Reply #369 on: February 04, 2020, 12:17:32 AM »
What are the semi-circular cut outs along the bottom edge of the passport book? Could that possibly be how one was indicated to be canceled? The old passport book that I received back after renewal doesn’t have any indication of cancellation other than the expiration date.

WC Vol. 18 CE946

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #370 on: February 04, 2020, 01:53:50 AM »
What are the semi-circular cut outs along the bottom edge of the passport book? Could that possibly be how one was indicated to be canceled? The old passport book that I received back after renewal doesn’t have any indication of cancellation other than the expiration date.
Probably what you are seeing there is a hand holding down the pages being copied.
So we don't go too far off topic... I will start a new 'Oswald's passport' thread.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #370 on: February 04, 2020, 01:53:50 AM »

Offline Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #371 on: February 04, 2020, 04:23:16 PM »
Thanks, I have been to both countries several times over the years and didn’t need a passport until recently. However, I think  LHO reportedly had a tourist visa that limited his stay in Mexico to several days. I am guessing that either he thought he needed it to travel freely to Mexico City, or he wanted the passport to be able to go to Cuba.
Yep, I read that too. But Oswald got/applied for a Mexican visa that limited how long he could stay.

That's here with the entrance and exit dates stamped on it:

Offline Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #372 on: February 04, 2020, 04:50:08 PM »
It would have been stamped void, or cancelled, if he received it afterwards.  And, he had a new, valid passport.
It apparently was (if this is the same passport). This below is page #1. Why wouldn't he keep the old passport? It had stamps of his various visits to Europe. He could keep it as a memento or to show to others. Which is what two witnesses said he did.

Photos of the rest of the pages, several also having "canceled" on them, are here: https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth338438/m1/1/

« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 04:52:30 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #372 on: February 04, 2020, 04:50:08 PM »

Offline John Tonkovich

« Reply #373 on: February 04, 2020, 06:14:54 PM »
It apparently was (if this is the same passport). This below is page #1. Why wouldn't he keep the old passport? It had stamps of his various visits to Europe. He could keep it as a memento or to show to others. Which is what two witnesses said he did.

Photos of the rest of the pages, several also having "canceled" on them, are here: https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth338438/m1/1/

Thanks.
Yes, Oswald could have received old passport.  Could have shown to Australian women.

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #374 on: February 04, 2020, 08:59:54 PM »
Thanks.
Yes, Oswald could have received old passport.  Could have shown to Australian women.
Could have shown
But why?...unless it was staged as an elaborate put on to remember him by. [**Patricia Winston and Pam Mumford were the ladies]
Why claim to be from Fort Worth? Why not from Dallas or New Orleans?
G. ROBERT BLAKEY, Chief Counsel, House Assassinations Committee: The suspicion was that Oswald didn't make it at all, that there was an impostor attempting to frame him in Mexico City. Had that been established, it would indicate a sophisticated effort to frame Oswald, which would immediately draw attention to American intelligence.
RICHARD HELMS, Former Director CIA: It's my recollection that at the time of Oswald's presence in Mexico City, there was something wrong with some of the cameras we were using and we were trying to fix it. But the fact remains that there are no photographs of Lee Harvey Oswald taken while he was in Mexico City at that time, and I can't explain 100 percent why not.
Video**  https://emuseum.jfk.org/view/objects/asitem/items@:39924
Why did the traveler recommend the Hotel Cuba where he would not stay?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #374 on: February 04, 2020, 08:59:54 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman