Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Did Oswald Go To Mexico City?  (Read 78263 times)

Offline Jerry Freeman

Re: Did Oswald Go To Mexico City?
« Reply #352 on: January 31, 2020, 09:45:56 PM »
Advertisement
  The signature on the Mexican visa he acquired to visit Mexico. 
Could someone link that page/copy...this visa to visit Mexico?
Oswald applied for a passport [according to the official report] on June 24 1963. He received it [according to that report] the very next day.
1...How likely was that?---Next day State Dept service indeed--- 2...What ever happened to that passport? It was never discovered among his items.
3...It was [supposedly as all passports at the time] marked Not for travel to Cuba among other specified countries. So why in hell would he think he could go there? [Hypothetically that is] 4...Where would Oswald have obtained the money to travel [round trip] some 1400 miles [one way]?---Stay at the alleged hotel---where did he eat?---apply for all the presumed paperwork---believed to have taken in a bullfight---and still have some assets left for this hopeful travel [somehow to Cuba]? Did Oswald pack for world wide travel? How would he subside upon failure?
There have been those who say Oswald went to Mexico that following late September. There have been those who say he didn't.
I can only say that I doubt that he actually did but that someone who looked very much like him must have.
The Report says that Oswald [normally recluse and aloof] told the McFarlands [perfect strangers] that he was going to Cuba to meet Castro.
Mr McFarland stated that he identified Oswald from his picture in the paper. 
Even the Report states that Oswald's activities in Mexico City were not known with certainty.
Only that Oswald stayed in room #18 ..that three guests who were on that same floor were searched out and only one was found who said he saw no one else staying on his floor. All I see there is a panoply of absolutely nothing.
Allegedly... Oswald showed some unnamed girls from Australia his passport--stamped with Russian customs stamps. How could that be when the passport was only three months old? Oh...did I ask---What ever happened to this passport?
Soon after the assassination of John F. Kennedy Scott contacted Luis Echeverria and asked his men to arrest Duran. He also told Diaz Ordaz that Duran was to be held incommunicado until she gave all details of her contacts with Lee Harvey Oswald. Scott then reported his actions to CIA headquarters. Soon afterwards, John M. Whitten, the CIA head of the Mexican desk, called Scott with orders from Tom Karamessines that Duran was not to be arrested. Win told them it was too late and that the Mexican government would keep the whole thing secret. Karamessines replied with a telegram that began: “Arrest of Sylvia Duran is extremely serious matter which could prejudice U.S. freedom of action on entire question of Cuban responsibility.”

Silvia Duran, her husband and five other people were arrested. Duran was “interrogated forcefully” (Duran was badly bruised during the interview). Luis Echeverria reported to Winston Scott that Duran had been “completely cooperative” and had made a detailed statement. This statement matched the story of the surveillance transcripts, with one exception. The tapes indicated that Duran made another call to the Soviet embassy on Saturday, 28th September. Duran then put an American on the line who spoke incomprehensible Russian. This suggests that the man could not have been Oswald who spoke the language well.
https://spartacus-educational.com/JFKduranS.htm
I have seen Oswald's signature enough times that I could sign it myself. With a little practice anybody could.
No one ever signs their name exactly the same every single time. Note how crappy the "Mexico City" signature is ::)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #352 on: January 31, 2020, 09:45:56 PM »

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #353 on: February 03, 2020, 05:02:31 PM »
This Bagley fellow, agitated, crafty crafter of opinions?

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=199814&relPageId=5

Offline John Tonkovich

« Reply #354 on: February 03, 2020, 05:17:24 PM »
Mr Freeman is correct.
The "Australian girls", commenting on Oswald"s passport and it's "Russian" stamps, are incorrect.
If you look closely at Oswalds's passport application, regarding his old passport, there is a box checked, indicating the applicant is turning in his old passport,...the one showing his travels out of The Soviet Union.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #354 on: February 03, 2020, 05:17:24 PM »

Offline Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #355 on: February 03, 2020, 05:21:34 PM »
Steve M. Galbraith,

Maybe because the KGB/DGI conspiracy to assassinate JFK (if there was one) was a lot deeper than you are capable of imagining?

The KGB probably had some pretty darn good forgers (and lots of samples of LHO's handwriting and printing), and Castro's DGI probably had some pretty darn good "connections" in Mexico City, don't you think?

(Fwiw, you do realize, don't you, that, as relayed to Dick Russell by Clare Edward Petty in The Man Who Knew Too Much, George DeMohrenschildt was probably a long-term KGB "illegal"?

And you know that Marina had probably been a KGB "honeytrapper" in Leningrad, right?

And ... gasp ... what are we to make of "Russophile" Ruth Paine ... ?

Regardless, whether or not Oswald was a KGB assassin or the KGB/DGI killed JFK, look at it this way:

Without all of the KGB-inspired and/or encouraged tinfoil hat conspiracy theories that arose out of The Kennedy Assassination (which were "complemented" by other KGB tinfoil hat theories like -- "The evil, evil, evil CIA developed the HIV virus to decimate Blacks!"), would we be saddled with fascist KGB-boy Vladimir Putin's useful idiot, Donald Trump, as our "president" today?

(I think not.)

--  MWT  ;)

PS  Oh, and by the way: Britain leaves the E.U. today.

Yet another reason for the great humanitarian, Vladimir Putin, and his Saint Petersburg Internet Research  Agency trolls to be jumping for joy.

PPS  You do realize, don't you, that "Lieutenant Colonel" Yuri Nosenko, the guy who said the KGB hadn't even interviewed or monitored Marine Corps radar operator Oswald in the USSR  (much less interviewed him by ... gasp ... the "Wet Affairs and Sabotage" Department 13 of the First Chief Directorate!) was a false defector?

D'oh

For background on Nosenko (and mole Edward Ellis Smith -- and some never-uncovered person in CIA he probably helped KGB to recruit, and the never-uncovered mole: Army cipher clerk "Jack," and the KGB/GRU  U.N. Headquarters triple-agents "Fedora" (who duped Hoover for fifteen years!), "Top Hat" (who duped Hoover and the CIA for "only" two years and, interestingly enough, was eventually arrested and executed by the KGB many years later in Moscow after having actually begun informing the CIA in Burma and in India), and Kitty Hawk (who arranged the KGB's kidnapping of true-defector "Shadrin" in Vienna and told the FBI and CIA that he had been sent to the U.S. to find and execute both (true) defector Golitsyn and (false) defector Nosenko (LOL), et al., ad nauseam, and how the "KGB" (which was founded around 1920) has been running circles around our intelligence agencies (and those of our allies) since Day One, read the following 2007 book (which you'll be happy to hear was written by a former CIA officer who did NOT believe the Ruskies had anything to do with the Kennedy assassination).

https://archive.org/details/SpyWarsMolesMysteriesAndDeadlyGames

LOL

Oh!  And this, too, from 2014!
https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/08850607.2014.962362
Imaginary scenarios is not evidence of one. Saying "A" or "B" could have happened is not evidence of "A" or "B" happening.

As I said above, if one wants to dismiss the evidence - physical, eyewitness and circumstantial - that Oswald went to Mexico City then fine, go for it. But if you take this approach, if that's your answer to the evidence, then your claim that he didn't go is not falsifiable. It's a statement that cannot be refuted in any way.

What evidence would you accept that he went to Mexico City? There isn't any. Whatever is produced will be dismissed as faked. Marina lied. Ruth lied. The draft note is faked. The letter to the Soviet Embassy is faked. The signatures are faked. The eyewitnesses lied or are wrong. Duran lied. Mirabal lied. The women on the bus lied.

All I can do is present the evidence that I see that shows he went. I cannot force people to accept it. You say the Cubans were involved in this fake operation; and then you cite the consul, Azcue, who said it wasn't Oswald. Does that make a lick of sense?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 05:27:08 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #356 on: February 03, 2020, 06:13:38 PM »
Could someone link that page/copy...this visa to visit Mexico?
Oswald applied for a passport [according to the official report] on June 24 1963. He received it [according to that report] the very next day.
1...How likely was that?---Next day State Dept service indeed--- 2...What ever happened to that passport? It was never discovered among his items.
….

Due to Oswald's prior record of international travel and his marriage to a USSR citizen, the details of Oswald's passport application were telexed to a desk at Dept. of State that checked his file for holds, found none,
and telexed back approval to NOLA to issue a passport. The Nola passport agency office issued the passport the same day it received approval, June 25.

There is no record of when Oswald received the passport and it seems it was a slow day at the desk at State and at the NOLA agency office. Sinister, suspicious? Not so much...

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=1135&relPageId=300

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #356 on: February 03, 2020, 06:13:38 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #357 on: February 03, 2020, 06:18:30 PM »
Mr Freeman is correct.
The "Australian girls", commenting on Oswald"s passport and it's "Russian" stamps, are incorrect.
If you look closely at Oswalds's passport application, regarding his old passport, there is a box checked, indicating the applicant is turning in his old passport,...the one showing his travels out of The Soviet Union.

Show us the passport application. I recently renewed my passport and still have the old one. In fact, they recommended keeping the old passport (just in case something happened to the new one and it got lost in the mail or something). Maybe the process was different in 1963, but that was my recent experience...

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #358 on: February 03, 2020, 06:23:39 PM »
Show us the passport application. I recently renewed my passport and still have the old one. In fact, they recommended keeping the old passport (just in case something happened to the new one and it got lost in the mail or something). Maybe the process was different in 1963, but that was my recent experience...

When my passport expired in the 1980s, I submitted the expired one with the application. It was returned to me by mail. "Expired" was punched onto the cover.

Same as current policy....

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/passport-help/faqs.html
….
Will I receive my new passport and my documents back in one envelope?

Passport Book Only: You may receive your newly-issued passport and your citizenship documents (e.g. previous passport, birth certificate) separately. Please contact the National Passport Information Center (NPIC) if you do not receive a second mailing within 10 business days of receiving the first. We can send your passport book using a 1-2 day delivery service.
Passport Card Only: You may receive your newly-issued passport card and your citizenship documents (e.g. previous passport, birth certificate) separately. Please contact NPIC if you do not receive a second mailing within 10 business days of receiving the first. We only send the passport card via First Class Mail. We do not send cards using 1-2 day delivery services.
Passport Book and Card: You may receive three separate mailings; one with your citizenship documents (e.g. previous passport, birth certificate), one with your newly-issued passport book, and one with your newly-issued passport card. Please contact NPIC if you do not receive the second or third mailing within 10 business days of the previous mailing.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 06:30:04 PM by Tom Scully »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #358 on: February 03, 2020, 06:23:39 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #359 on: February 03, 2020, 06:37:29 PM »
When my passport expired in the 1980s, I submitted the expired one with the application. It was returned to me by mail. "Expired" was punched onto the cover.

Same as current policy....

Yes, my memory was a little off. Your post refreshed it. They sent them back separately. Thanks for the correction. The point is that LHO probably did show his old passport on the bus to Mexico City. Even if he turned it in with his application, he probably would have received it back.