Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Did Oswald Go To Mexico City?  (Read 78147 times)

Online Steve M. Galbraith

Re: Did Oswald Go To Mexico City?
« Reply #232 on: January 30, 2019, 05:13:06 PM »
Advertisement
I'll vouch that Duran said four photos. Duran also pointed out to Lee there were several places he could get his photo taken. When she was asked if those places where near the Cuban consulate by the HSCA she did not remember that they were near. That comment has been erroneously taken as proof that Duran didn't tell Oswald about having his photos taken.
If I recall, the WC investigators searched/questioned employees at local photo shops near the consulate and all said that they had no memory/record of Oswald having photos taken. I'm going to assume that if he went there to get a visa that he'd realize he would have to bring a photo with him? The man had gotten visas before; he would know the procedure.

It makes no sense to me that an impostor would visit the consulate and embassy and ask for a visa. And also put up a stink - as Oswald did at both locations. If someone wants to suggest that he went to MC AND also someone impersonated him on the phone calls - especially that Monday call - then we might go somewhere with that. But to deny he went there at all is, for me, ignoring a great deal of evidence.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #232 on: January 30, 2019, 05:13:06 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #233 on: January 30, 2019, 05:32:52 PM »
As happens many times Jerry leaves out a very important piece of information. CE-2788 "Photograph of Lee Harvey Oswald after his return from Russia in late September 1963" Obviously the caption is mistaken in placing Russia instead of Mexico as Oswald was nowhere near Russia in November 1963. This is another example of how a simple mistake can be turned into a sinister attempt at a cover up with a simple act of omission.
  https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=1142#relPageId=213&tab=page
It just says ''after his return from Russia" It does not say ''in 1963''. Again adding things that aren't really there [as happens many times]
It also says "Marina had not previously seen this photograph"...previously? Like when they were together? Why didn't CE-2788 just simply state "One of Oswald's Cuban visa photos" if that is what it was?

Steve M. Galbraith on January 29, 2019, 04:45:23 PM     Duran said she asked him for several copies of photos for his application
Actually, I don't see anywhere that she asked him for several copies. She does testify that he brought four pictures. They may still have photo booths around where you inserted coins and it would take and dispense wallet size pictures [usually four] Linking to that HSCA statement some 16 years after the fact [to tell the story straight]-------
https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=954#relPageId=32&tab=page onward
Continue to believe in this gospel according to Priscilla if you wish [mentioned above]
Don't forget about the part where Oswald [who didn't even speak Spanish] was going to train Cuban militia in combat ::)

« Reply #234 on: January 30, 2019, 05:41:12 PM »
  https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=1142#relPageId=213&tab=page
It just says ''after his return from Russia" It does not say ''in 1963''. Again adding things that aren't really there [as happens many times]
It also says "Marina had not previously seen this photograph"...previously? Like when they were together? Why didn't CE-2788 just simply state "One of Oswald's Cuban visa photos" if that is what it was?
  Actually, I don't see anywhere that she asked him for several copies. She does testify that he brought four pictures. They may still have photo booths around where you inserted coins and it would take and dispense wallet size pictures [usually four] Linking to that HSCA statement some 16 years after the fact [to tell the story straight]-------
https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=954#relPageId=32&tab=page onward
Continue to believe in this gospel according to Priscilla if you wish [mentioned above]
Don't forget about the part where Oswald [who didn't even speak Spanish] was going to train Cuban militia in combat ::)
This was 1963. They didn't have photo copier machines. Or copy machines. She had to use carbon copies for the application. One copy - with a photo - would be sent (as it was) to Havana. Another copy would be kept for consulate records. She testified that she made a duplicate copy; it wasn't a carbon copy.

Here is here testimony about the photographs (plural):
CORNWELL - Okay. So your memory is that on the first occasion you also explained to him that he needed photographs and he left shortly thereafter to obtain them.
TIRADO - Yes, and perhaps, but I'm not very sure, that, uh, he said that he was a friend of the Cuban Revolution, and when he showed me all the scrap paper that he has.
CORNWELL - All right. You don't remember if that was on the first or the second occasion. Correct?
TIRADO - Yeah, I don't remember.
CORNWELL - Nevertheless, he did leave to go get photographs, and he did return?
TIRADO - Yes.
CORNWELL - Did he return with the photographs?
TIRADO - With four photographs.
CORNWELL - Four of them.
TIRADO - Yeah.
CORNWELL - Were they all the same? To the best of your memory, was he wearing the same kind of clothes that he was wearing that day in the photographs?
TIRADO - Yes.

This testimony undermines my suggestion that he had photos with him that had been taken earlier. If he was wearing the same clothes then obviously he must have had them taken that day.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 08:13:54 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #234 on: January 30, 2019, 05:41:12 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #235 on: January 30, 2019, 05:47:55 PM »
This was 1963. They didn't have photo copier machines. Or copy machines. She had to use carbon copies for the application. One copy - with a photo - would be sent (as it was) to Havana. Another copy would be kept for consulate records.

Here is here testimony about the photographs (plural):
CORNWELL - Okay. So your memory is that on the first occasion you also explained to him that he needed photographs and he left shortly thereafter to obtain them.
TIRADO - Yes, and perhaps, but I'm not very sure, that, uh, he said that he was a friend of the Cuban Revolution, and when he showed me all the scrap paper that he has.
CORNWELL - All right. You don't remember if that was on the first or the second occasion. Correct?
TIRADO - Yeah, I don't remember.
CORNWELL - Nevertheless, he did leave to go get photographs, and he did return?
TIRADO - Yes.
CORNWELL - Did he return with the photographs?
TIRADO - With four photographs.
CORNWELL - Four of them.
TIRADO - Yeah.
CORNWELL - Were they all the same? To the best of your memory, was he wearing the same kind of clothes that he was wearing that day in the photographs?
TIRADO - Yes.

This was 1963. They didn't have photo copier machines. Or copy machines.

Perhaps you should check.....  There most definitely were photocopiers in offices in 1963.......

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #236 on: January 30, 2019, 07:37:14 PM »

Perhaps you should check.....  There most definitely were photocopiers in offices in 1963.......
Actually ..Walt is correct.
Commercial xerographic office photocopying was introduced by Xerox in 1959,[1][2] and it gradually replaced copies made by Verifax, Photostat, carbon paper, mimeograph machines, and other duplicating machines.
[Wiki]
However, This is Mexico [albeit] a Cuban office. There are probably still offices that don't have a copier.
I was glancing through some released files....
https://www.archives.gov/files/research/jfk/releases/2018/docid-32260796.pdf

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #236 on: January 30, 2019, 07:37:14 PM »

Offline Oscar Navarro

« Reply #237 on: January 30, 2019, 08:04:12 PM »
If I recall, the WC investigators searched/questioned employees at local photo shops near the consulate and all said that they had no memory/record of Oswald having photos taken. I'm going to assume that if he went there to get a visa that he'd realize he would have to bring a photo with him? The man had gotten visas before; he would know the procedure.

It makes no sense to me that an impostor would visit the consulate and embassy and ask for a visa. And also put up a stink - as Oswald did at both locations. If someone wants to suggest that he went to MC AND also someone impersonated him on the phone calls - especially that Monday call - then we might go somewhere with that. But to deny he went there at all is, for me, ignoring a great deal of evidence.

I really don't think Oswald thought he would need photos. He went with the proof he felt made him entitled to receive a transit visa immediately. He brought along his old passport that showed he had been to the USSR, his marriage certificate to a Russian woman, clippings of newspaper articles showing his FPCC activities, his FPCC membership and so on. Recall that one of Oswald's traits that he inherited from his mother was that he felt entitled to special treatment. When this didn't work for Oswald Duran told him he needed to fill out a Cuban transit visa and had to obtain a Russian visa before the Cuban transit visa was approved. That's when Oswald went to get his photos taken, went to the Russian embassy, then went back to the Cuban consulate claiming that the Russian embassy had approved his visa. Duran called the Russian embassy and found out that Oswald was lying and then that's when his histrionics began and Azcue had to practically throw Oswald out of the Cuban consulate. In the meantime, Duran felt pity for Oswald and went ahead and not only gave him her name and phone # at the Cuban consulate but also processed the Cuban transit visa.

« Reply #238 on: January 30, 2019, 08:13:06 PM »

You are correct. I was wrong.

But the Cuban consulate office apparently didn't have one since Duran said she made a copy.

CORNWELL - Correct?... Did you look at the photos when he brought them back, careful about to be sure that it was the same man who was standing in front of you?
TIRADO - Yes.
CORNWELL - And what did you do at that time?
TIRADO - I filled out application.
CORNWELL - You personally typed it, and did you type it in duplicate or triplicate or just one copy?
TIRADO - Duplicate.
CORNWELL - And was the second copy a carbon?
TIRADO - Carbon?
CORNWELL - Did you have it twice or did you type one and make two copies?
TIRADO - Only one.
CORNWELL - And made two?
TIRADO - Yes.
CORNWELL - And what did you do with the photographs?
TIRADO - Stapled them.
CORNWELL - Stapled them?

It appears they didn't even have carbon paper. In any case, again Oswald provided four photos for her to use on the application. She said she stapled a photo to the duplicate copy she made (not a carbon copy).

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #238 on: January 30, 2019, 08:13:06 PM »

« Reply #239 on: January 30, 2019, 08:16:14 PM »
I really don't think Oswald thought he would need photos. He went with the proof he felt made him entitled to receive a transit visa immediately. He brought along his old passport that showed he had been to the USSR, his marriage certificate to a Russian woman, clippings of newspaper articles showing his FPCC activities, his FPCC membership and so on. Recall that one of Oswald's traits that he inherited from his mother was that he felt entitled to special treatment. When this didn't work for Oswald Duran told him he needed to fill out a Cuban transit visa and had to obtain a Russian visa before the Cuban transit visa was approved. That's when Oswald went to get his photos taken, went to the Russian embassy, then went back to the Cuban consulate claiming that the Russian embassy had approved his visa. Duran called the Russian embassy and found out that Oswald was lying and then that's when his histrionics began and Azcue had to practically throw Oswald out of the Cuban consulate. In the meantime, Duran felt pity for Oswald and went ahead and not only gave him her name and phone # at the Cuban consulate but also processed the Cuban transit visa.
Probably true. He likely thought that he would show them his pro-revolutionary work and they would just let him in the country.

And, as you pointed out, when they didn't he became extremely agitated. Both the Cuban and Soviet personnel describe him as emotional and hysterical. Would an impostor act this way? Draw attention to himself in this manner? I can't see how he would. Especially if, as is alleged, this actor was sent by the CIA or American intelligence to falsely connect the real Oswald to the Cubans.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 01:31:32 AM by Steve M. Galbraith »