Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Did Oswald Go To Mexico City?  (Read 76731 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Did Oswald Go To Mexico City?
« Reply #224 on: January 30, 2019, 12:20:50 AM »
Advertisement
Dear Walter,

Hoover would have covered up for Castro and/or Khrushchev for three reasons:

1)  Like any human being, he wouldn't want to die in a Mutually Assured Destruction-guaranteed nuclear Armeggedon with the USSR.

2) He would't want to be caught with "egg on his face" for not having prevented the assassination.

3) He didn't care for JFK very much, anyway.

D'oh

-- Mudd Wrassler Tommy  :)

1)  Like any human being, he wouldn't want to die in a Mutually Assured Destruction-guaranteed nuclear Armeggedon with the USSR.

If you knew that you would die as a consequence of act of killing a criminal who was holding a hand grenade (insuring mutual destruction )  would you pull the trigger? 

The vast majority would not....because self preservation is THE number one driving force in life....  Hoover like many of the war hawks in the Pentagon weren't afraid of the Russians... so he would NEVER have covered up for them...

2) He would't want to be caught with "egg on his face" for not having prevented the assassination.

Agreed.....But he'd have been covered with egg if it was learned that he knew that LHO had loudly threatened the life of JFK and he had not had him arrested the instant he stepped on US soil....

I gotta hand it to ya, Mudd....   I don't believe that there's ever been a greater understatement posted in this group.....Can you say LOATH?..... 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #224 on: January 30, 2019, 12:20:50 AM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #225 on: January 30, 2019, 01:28:05 AM »

If you knew that you would die as a consequence of act of killing a criminal who was holding a hand grenade (insuring mutual destruction )  would you pull the trigger? 

The vast majority would not....because self preservation is THE number one driving force in life....  Hoover like many of the war hawks in the Pentagon weren't afraid of the Russians... so he would NEVER have covered up for them...

Agreed.....But he'd have been covered with egg if it was learned that he knew that LHO had loudly threatened the life of JFK and he had not had him arrested the instant he stepped on US soil....

I gotta hand it to ya, Mudd....   I don't believe that there's ever been a greater understatement posted in this group.....Can you say LOATH?.....

Dear Walter,

Do you think Hoover wanted the American public to believe that Khruschev and/or Castro had assassinated JFK, you know, so we would invade 'em, or nuke 'em, or something?

Do you think Hoover's "lone nutter" Warren Report was written the way it was to protect the evil, evil, evil CIA and the evil, evil, evil FBI from being uncovered as the real agents behind the assassination?

Do you think Hoover really believed that Oswald had done it all by him widdle self?

LOL

« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 01:35:08 AM by Thomas Graves »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #226 on: January 30, 2019, 02:10:46 AM »
Dear Walter,

Do you think Hoover wanted the American public to believe that Khruschev and/or Castro had assassinated JFK, you know, so we would invade 'em, or nuke 'em, or something?

Do you think Hoover's "lone nutter" Warren Report was written the way it was to protect the evil, evil, evil CIA and the evil, evil, evil FBI from being uncovered as the real agents behind the assassination?

Do you think Hoover really believed that Oswald had done it all by him widdle self?

LOL

I donno....   I don't think Hoover gave a damn who might be endangered if his patsy ( LHO)  escaped the blame....   He was confident that he and LBJ could dupe the public into accepting the turn coat rat,  commie, Lee Harrrrrrrvey Osssssswald  was the cold blooded killer.   

YES!

Hell NO!!.....  Hoover KNEW who murdered John Kennedy.....  He knew that HE and LBJ stood on the side lines and cheered, after promising the killers they would cover for them.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #226 on: January 30, 2019, 02:10:46 AM »

Offline Oscar Navarro

« Reply #227 on: January 30, 2019, 02:59:31 PM »
No one claimed that. Why are you inventing statements that were never made? The strawman argument again---If Oswald was not in Mexico then where was he? We don't know where else he could have been..therefor he must have been in Mexico.

Then as it seems, Oswald became a humble mealy stock boy at a book supply like nothing ever happened.

As I said. Does his being hired by the TSBD mean Oswald didn't go to MC? If this is not the reverse of what I think you're implying by the above comment then what do you mean by making the above comment.

Considering that all the evidence available places Oswald in MC if the claim is made that Oswald wasn't in MC then it's up to the claimant to show evidence to support the claim.

Offline Oscar Navarro

« Reply #228 on: January 30, 2019, 03:17:05 PM »
  Oswald's visa picture. The very same picture appears as CE-2788.
The Report states that CE-2788 is a picture that was taken after "his [Oswald's] return from Russia". I cannot understand how he was sent by the Cuban embassy to have his visa picture taken in the first week of October '63 and then he comes back with this identical picture :-\
 https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=1142#relPageId=213&tab=page

As happens many times Jerry leaves out a very important piece of information. CE-2788 "Photograph of Lee Harvey Oswald after his return from Russia in late September 1963" Obviously the caption is mistaken in placing Russia instead of Mexico as Oswald was nowhere near Russia in November 1963. This is another example of how a simple mistake can be turned into a sinister attempt at a cover up with a simple act of omission.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #228 on: January 30, 2019, 03:17:05 PM »

Offline Oscar Navarro

« Reply #229 on: January 30, 2019, 03:21:48 PM »
I'm not sure about that. He expressed anger at the Cuban consulate officials - especially Azcue - for turning down his request for a visa. But I don't think he blamed Castro for their acts. Did he ever tell anyone about his change in views?

I think he truly believed that once he showed the Cubans in Mexico City his pro-Castro activity that he had done in New Orleans that summer that they would welcome him to their "Revolution." So he was quite upset at the turn down. But remember they did grant him that transit visa later on. Although there's no evidence that I've seen that he knew about it.

There's a passage in Marina and Lee that mentions Oswald's disappointment with Fidel to the point where Lee was no longer interested in naming the expected new baby Fidel, which was what Lee wanted to name the baby (if it was a boy) before he left for MC.

Offline Oscar Navarro

« Reply #230 on: January 30, 2019, 03:27:59 PM »
Duran said she asked him for several copies of photos for his application (I believe it was four). She had to make carbon copies of his application and then attach a photo to each one. One photo wouldn't do since she had to send one copy of the application to Havana and keep one or two for the consulate records.

So isn't reasonable to believe that he had copies of that photo? He simply went back to his hotel and got them? Since she wanted multiple photos maybe that was the only one he had with multiple copies/versions.

I deleted the photos to save space/bandwidth.

I'll vouch that Duran said four photos. Duran also pointed out to Lee there were several places he could get his photo taken. When she was asked if those places where near the Cuban consulate by the HSCA she did not remember that they were near. That comment has been erroneously taken as proof that Duran didn't tell Oswald about having his photos taken.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #230 on: January 30, 2019, 03:27:59 PM »

Offline Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #231 on: January 30, 2019, 04:51:28 PM »
There's a passage in Marina and Lee that mentions Oswald's disappointment with Fidel to the point where Lee was no longer interested in naming the expected new baby Fidel, which was what Lee wanted to name the baby (if it was a boy) before he left for MC.
Yes, good memory. I had forgotten about that.

Here's the account from the book. This is before he went to MC:
"Despite the harmony that presently prevailed between them, there was an occasional sign that it was not a case of two minds with but a single thought. They had always agreed that their next child, a boy, was to be named "David Lee." But for some time Lee had been turning another name over in his mind, and he cautiously broached it to Marina. He told her, stealing up a little on the subject, that he thought it might be a nice touch to call their new baby "Fidel."

Marina "reasserted herself in all her old magnificient asperity. "There is no Fidel and there will be no Fidel in out family."

However, later, after he returned from Mexico City, he told her: "Ah, they're such terrible bureaucrats that nothing came of it after all"....He was especially vociferous about the Cubans--"the same kind of bureaucrats as in Russia. No point going there......" Indeed, Lee's disenchantment with Castro and Cuba was complete. He never again talked about "Uncle Fidel", nor sang the song "Viva Fidel", as he used to do, nor used the alias "Hidell."

And, to your point, as Marina was preparing to give birth: "They had already talked about a name. If it was a boy, he was to be David Lee (no more "Fidel"), and Lee had promised that in the choice of a girl's name he wouldn't interfere.