Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Did Oswald Go To Mexico City?  (Read 76754 times)

Offline Oscar Navarro

Re: Did Oswald Go To Mexico City?
« Reply #128 on: January 24, 2019, 01:53:35 PM »
Advertisement
Dear Oscar,

Did they torture Eusebio Azcue, too?

If not, then who made him say in 1978 that the "Oswald" he'd dealt with was blond-haired, thin, about 35 years-old, and had a very thin (i.e., an elongated) face?  The evil, evil CIA?

And why did he say in 1978 that during the intervening years he'd never thought of "Oswald" as wearing a light-colored sweater that day in September 1963?

-- Mudd Wrassler Tommy  :)

I see that you're actually claiming that both Duran and Azcue were tortured. Well, where's the evidence? I have no idea why Azcue described Oswald in such a manner but he later appeared to recant on his description of Oswald when faced with evidence that Oswald was not whom he was describing. BTW, why hasn't Duran ever changed her confirmation that Oswald was the man who was at the Cuban consulate? Is she still being torchered by the Mexican police? And, btw, Duran never described Oswald as a 5'7" and thin. She said he was blond, short and dressed inelegantly, and got red in the face when angry. That's the "ruddy complexed" guy whom Julia Postal described.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #128 on: January 24, 2019, 01:53:35 PM »

Offline Oscar Navarro

« Reply #129 on: January 24, 2019, 02:01:26 PM »
If I have missed the mark Oscar...I have worked damn hard to do it. I have studied the scat out of CE-2121.
The story was too much..too soon..and too pat. It even came out before Oswald was shot..how could that be? I can't find a version that can be copied and pasted. I wish I could take it smell by smell point by point.

OK, I guess that when faced with evidence that contradicts your beliefs cutting and running is an effective method of avoiding the issue. Why don't you address the part that was posted about the NO in Oswald's telex. You don't have to worry about not being able to cut and paste since it's available and handed to you in a platter. See testimony of Abram Chayes, Vol V H 335, CE-948 Question 1, CE-1057 Accuracy of statements confirmed.

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #130 on: January 24, 2019, 02:29:54 PM »
Dear Oscar,

Regarding your recent "torture" post to me, I'm afraid you've misinterpreted what I meant.

I believe that short, thin, blond-haired, suit-wearing "Third Secretary"/"Assistant Cultural Attache" KGB  colonel Nikolai Leonov provided Sylvia Duran with a passport-sized photograph of Oswald that had been taken in the USSR, and (perhaps in the company of a DGI officer or a corrupt Mexican policeman?) instructed her in what to do with it and what to say after the assassination about "Oswald" and her "dealings" with "him".

I believe that Duran may have been "tortured" by the Mexican Police after the assassination, and that she told them a tiny nugget of truth: that the "Oswald" she'd dealt with was short and blond-haired (i.e., just like Nikolai Leonov).

I do not believe Eusebeo Azcue was tortured by anyone, but that in 1978 he felt guilty about what had happened on 11/22/63, and decided to accurately describe the "Oswald" Duran had dealt with, i.e., that he was thin, blond-haired, very thin-faced, suit-wearing, and about 35 years old.  In so doing, Azcue was practically screaming out "Nikolai Leonov!" to the HSCA.

PS  Sylvia Duran was 5' 3.5" and described "Oswald" as about the same height as her.
Nikolai Leonov, at 5' 7", was only 3.5 inches taller than her, whereas Oswald, at 5' 9.5", was 6 inches taller than her.

During her HSCA testimony, Duran described her short, blond-haired, blue or green-eyed "Oswald" as "skinny" and as having "an elongated" face.

As regards the king of clothing "Oswald" was wearing, HSCA's Ed Lopez said to Duran words to the effect that she had earlier told him, off-the-record, that her "Oswald" was wearing a coat.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 02:54:22 PM by Thomas Graves »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #130 on: January 24, 2019, 02:29:54 PM »

Offline Oscar Navarro

« Reply #131 on: January 24, 2019, 02:54:11 PM »
Dear Oscar,

I'm afraid you've misinterpreted what I meant.

I believe that short, blond-haired, suit-wearing "Third Secretary"/"Assistant Cultural Attache" KGB  colonel Nikolai Leonov provided Sylvia Duran with a passport-sized photograph of Oswald that had been taken in the USSR, and was instructed by him (or a DGI officer) in what to say after the assassination about "Oswald" and her "dealings" with "him".

I believe that Duran may have been "tortured" by the Mexican Police after the assassination, and that she told them a tiny nugget of truth: that the "Oswald" she'd dealt with was short and blond-haired (i.e., just like Nikolai Leonov).

I do not believe Eusebeo Azcue was tortured by anyone, but that in 1978 he felt guilty about what had happened on 11/22/63, and decided to accurately describe the "Oswald" Duran had dealt with, i.e., that he was thin, blond-haired, very thin-faced, suit-wearing, and about 35 years old.  In so doing, Azcue was practically screaming out "Nikolai Leonov!" to the HSCA.

You quoted me on a post addressed to Jerry. Now, back to your reply. You posted "Did they torture Eusebio Azcue, too?" IMO, since it can't be proved that neither Azcue or Duran were tortured you are now resorting to accusing me of misrepresenting what it's pretty clear. Now it's "Duran may have been tortured". As to Silvia Duran's description of Oswald it's entirely possible that cultural bias may have played a part in her description of Oswald as blond. To a Latin (and I know this because I'm Latin) sometimes a person may be referred to as "Rubio", Spanish for blond, because the hair is lighter than normal. I know this from personal experience because my knickname since I was a kid is "Rubio" and my hair was light to medium brown (it's now peppered with a lot of gray). As for Duran's description of Oswald as being short that's a personal view and not necessarily one that would be shared by others. What's short to Duran might be medium height to another person. It's possible, and here I'm going out on a limb, that the young, black haired beauty liked taller men and for her a guy whom she might find unappealing she'll describe as being short. Hey, I can also indulge in speculation too, right!

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #132 on: January 24, 2019, 03:07:24 PM »
Are you implying that Silvia Duran was torchered? If so, were's the evidence!!!
Duran has been interviewed by numerous reporters/journalists and, to my knowledge, she's made the same claims she did in her HSCA testimony. She's still living and, again to my knowledge, some fifty years later stands by her account of meeting Oswald.

Besides, nobody is solely accepting her account. There's a great deal of corroborating evidence, physical, eyewitness and circumstantial, to her story.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #132 on: January 24, 2019, 03:07:24 PM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #133 on: January 24, 2019, 03:13:31 PM »
You quoted me on a post addressed to Jerry. Now, back to your reply. You posted "Did they torture Eusebio Azcue, too?" IMO, since it can't be proved that neither Azcue or Duran were tortured you are now resorting to accusing me of misrepresenting what it's pretty clear. Now it's "Duran may have been tortured". As to Silvia Duran's description of Oswald it's entirely possible that cultural bias may have played a part in her description of Oswald as blond. To a Latin (and I know this because I'm Latin) sometimes a person may be referred to as "Rubio", Spanish for blond, because the hair is lighter than normal. I know this from personal experience because my knickname since I was a kid is "Rubio" and my hair was light to medium brown (it's now peppered with a lot of gray). As for Duran's description of Oswald as being short that's a personal view and not necessarily one that would be shared by others. What's short to Duran might be medium height to another person. It's possible, and here I'm going out on a limb, that the young, black haired beauty liked taller men and for her a guy whom she might find unappealing she'll describe as being short. Hey, I can also indulge in speculation too, right!

Dear Oscar,

Regarding Duran's "Oswald''s" hair color, I find it hard to believe that her description of it as "blond" was just a case of "cultural bias" for two simple reasons:

1) Duran testified in English to the HSCA, and she spoke English quite well.

2) Eusebio Azcue described "Oswald" as having "blond, or dark-blond" hair.

If their "Oswald" had had medium-brown hair like Lee Harvey Oswald, would Azcue have described him as "blond, or medium-blond"?

Was Azcue suffering from "cultural bias," too? Do you really think he was trying to say the dude had light-brown to medium-brown hair?

LOL

« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 04:02:55 PM by Thomas Graves »

Offline Oscar Navarro

« Reply #134 on: January 24, 2019, 03:19:17 PM »
Duran has been interviewed by numerous reporters/journalists and, to my knowledge, she's made the same claims she did in her HSCA testimony. She's still living and, again to my knowledge, some fifty years later stands by her account of meeting Oswald.

Besides, nobody is solely accepting her account. There's a great deal of corroborating evidence, physical, eyewitness and circumstantial, to her story.

"Torchered"! What the heck happened to spell check?  :o But it get's in the way of a good conspiracy theory.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #134 on: January 24, 2019, 03:19:17 PM »

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #135 on: January 24, 2019, 03:30:21 PM »
"Torchered"! What the heck happened to spell check?  :o But it get's in the way of a good conspiracy theory.
I pretended I didn't see it <g>.