Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Did Oswald Go To Mexico City?  (Read 79023 times)

Offline Steve M. Galbraith

Re: Did Oswald Go To Mexico City?
« Reply #448 on: March 02, 2020, 03:46:47 PM »
Advertisement
Here is Marina's account to the HSCA of her discussions with Oswald about him going to Mexico City and what would then happen to her. She had remarried and taken the Porter name.

Mr. McDONALD - What was your reaction to this whole affair, going to Mexico City, going back to Dallas
Mrs. PORTER/MARINA - I was very upset about it. I did not know if I would see Lee again. I had to be responsible for one child and I had expecting another one. So, anyway, I was quite lost. On top of everything, I could not share that with no one.
Mr. McDONALD - Could you share it with Ruth Paine?
Mrs. PORTER/MARINA - No.
Mr. McDONALD - Why do you say that?
Mrs. PORTER/MARINA - Well, I don't know why, but I was not approved of what Lee did, but at the same time he was my husband and I have to be somehow loyal to him.
Mr. McDONALD/MARINA - When he left for Mexico City, when you both parted in New Orleans, when did you expect to see him again?
Mrs. PORTER/MARINA - I honestly did not expect to see him again, but he said that if his trip to the Cuban Embassy would be unsuccessful and they would not permit him to go to Cuba, then he would come back to Ruth Paine's house in Irving, Tex.
Mr. McDONALD - That he would not come back?
Mrs. PORTER/MARINA - He will come back.
Mr. McDONALD - You are saying--the question was, when did you expect to see him again?
Mrs. PORTER/MARINA - In the matter of a week.
Mr. McDONALD - You did expect him to come back?
Mrs. PORTER/MARINA - Well, if he did, it was understood if he can go to Cuba right away, he will go, but if he can't, then he come back to Texas.
Mr. McDONALD - If he had been successful in getting to Cuba right away, what was your plan? What were you to do?
Mrs. PORTER/MARINA - Well, he said that he will be in touch with me and send for me to follow him to Cuba.
Mr. McDONALD - Did he ever discuss if he were unsuccessful in getting into Cuba, that he would try to go back to the Soviet Union from Mexico City?
Mrs. PORTER/MARINA - Yes, that was discussed, too.
Mr. McDONALD/MARINA - At that point was he willing to go back to the Soviet Union?
Mrs. PORTER/MARINA - As far as I remember right now, I think, yes.

So when he came back from the failed attempt to get into Cuba he sent a letter to the Soviet Embassy in Washington asking them to process his visa application. He was still willing - if Marina is correct - to go to the USSR. But the Soviet officials had decided to reject his (and Marina's) application. Oswald was stuck in the US, a country whose political and economic systems he said were part of a "slave" system.

Link/testimony: http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/m_j_russ/hscamar2.htm

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #448 on: March 02, 2020, 03:46:47 PM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #449 on: March 02, 2020, 03:53:34 PM »
Here is Marina's account to the HSCA of her discussions with Oswald about him going to Mexico City and what would then happen to her. She had remarried and taken the Porter name.

Mr. McDONALD - What was your reaction to this whole affair, going to Mexico City, going back to Dallas
Mrs. PORTER/MARINA - I was very upset about it. I did not know if I would see Lee again. I had to be responsible for one child and I had expecting another one. So, anyway, I was quite lost. On top of everything, I could not share that with no one.
Mr. McDONALD - Could you share it with Ruth Paine?
Mrs. PORTER/MARINA - No.
Mr. McDONALD - Why do you say that?
Mrs. PORTER/MARINA - Well, I don't know why, but I was not approved of what Lee did, but at the same time he was my husband and I have to be somehow loyal to him.
Mr. McDONALD/MARINA - When he left for Mexico City, when you both parted in New Orleans, when did you expect to see him again?
Mrs. PORTER/MARINA - I honestly did not expect to see him again, but he said that if his trip to the Cuban Embassy would be unsuccessful and they would not permit him to go to Cuba, then he would come back to Ruth Paine's house in Irving, Tex.
Mr. McDONALD - You are saying--the question was, when did you expect to see him again?
Mrs. PORTER/MARINA - Well, if he did, it was understood if he can go to Cuba right away, he will go, but if he can't, then he come back to Texas.
Mr. McDONALD - If he had been successful in getting to Cuba right away, what was your plan? What were you to do?
Mrs. PORTER/MARINA - Well, he said that he will be in touch with me and send for me to follow him to Cuba.
Mr. McDONALD - Did he ever discuss if he were unsuccessful in getting into Cuba, that he would try to go back to the Soviet Union from Mexico City?
Mrs. PORTER/MARINA - Yes, that was discussed, too.
Mr. McDONALD/MARINA - At that point was he willing to go back to the Soviet Union?
Mrs. PORTER/MARINA - As far as I remember right now, I think, yes.

So when he came back from the failed attempt to get into Cuba he sent a letter to the Soviet Embassy in Washington asking them to process his visa application. He was still willing - if Marina is correct - to go to the USSR. But the Soviet officials had decided to reject his (and Marina's) application. Oswald was stuck in the US, a country whose political and economic systems he said were part of a "slave" system.

Link/testimony: http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/m_j_russ/hscamar2.htm

Steve M.,

I haven't even read this, but let me ask you a question:

Why in the would anyone believe what Marina Oswald, née Marina Nikolayevna(? ? ?) Prusakova, said about anything related to Lee Harvey Oswald?

(Ditto: Nechiporenko, Yatskov, Kostikov, Leonov, et al.)

LOL

--  MWT  ;)

PS  You might want to read this:

https://worldview.stratfor.com/article/mystery-marina-oswald

The author makes only one mistake as far as I can see: Oswald didn't renounce his citizenship. He tried, but was "unsuccessful".
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 04:19:41 PM by Thomas Graves »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #450 on: March 02, 2020, 04:10:52 PM »
Steve M.,

Why in the would anyone believe what Marina Oswald, née Marina Nikolayevna(? ? ?) Prusakova, said about anything related to Lee Harvey Oswald?

LOL

--  MWT  ;)

Why in the would anyone believe what Marina Oswald,

Because it's the truth!

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #450 on: March 02, 2020, 04:10:52 PM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #451 on: March 02, 2020, 04:55:10 PM »
Why in the would anyone believe what Marina Oswald,

Because it's the truth!

LOL

You are so gullible.

Read the Stratfor article I posted above, Walter.

Here it is again:

--  MWT  ;)

PS  And this blog post by a George W. Bailey:

http://oswaldsmother.blogspot.com/2009/10/from-marina-prusakova-with-love.html?m=1
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 05:02:48 PM by Thomas Graves »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #452 on: March 02, 2020, 05:26:23 PM »
LOL

You are so gullible.

Read the Stratfor article I posted above, Walter.

Here it is again:

Marina was telling the truth....  Believe It Or Not.

--  MWT  ;)

PS  And this blog post by a George W. Bailey:

http://oswaldsmother.blogspot.com/2009/10/from-marina-prusakova-with-love.html?m=1

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #452 on: March 02, 2020, 05:26:23 PM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #453 on: March 02, 2020, 05:35:15 PM »

Thanks for "bumping" it, Walter!

--  MWT  ;)

Offline Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #454 on: March 02, 2020, 06:18:34 PM »
Steve M.,

LOL

--  MWT  ;)

The author makes only one mistake as far as I can see: Oswald didn't renounce his citizenship. He tried, but was "unsuccessful".
Because her statements on this matter - his visit to MC most specifically - are corroborated by other evidence. This thread is filled with evidence - from me and others - corroborating his visit there. What more can be produced?

As to the details such as he was going to Cuba and then (somehow) get her to join him; that's just her claim. We have no way of verifying that. So we can accept or reject that since we have no way of corroborating it.

In any case, I don't believe ANY eyewitness accounts by itself unless they can be verified or corroborated. I thought all sides on this matter agreed on that if nothing else?

Question: Why do you believe Azcue's account that the person he met wasn't Oswald? Or didn't look like the Oswald arrested for the murder of JFK. What corroborates his claim?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 06:25:40 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #454 on: March 02, 2020, 06:18:34 PM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #455 on: March 02, 2020, 07:06:46 PM »
Because her statements on this matter - his visit to MC most specifically - are corroborated by other evidence. This thread is filled with evidence - from me and others - corroborating his visit there. What more can be produced?

As to the details such as he was going to Cuba and then (somehow) get her to join him; that's just her claim. We have no way of verifying that. So we can accept or reject that since we have no way of corroborating it.

In any case, I don't believe ANY eyewitness accounts by itself unless they can be verified or corroborated. I thought all sides on this matter agreed on that if nothing else?

Question: Why do you believe Azcue's account that the person he met wasn't Oswald? Or didn't look like the Oswald arrested for the murder of JFK. What corroborates his claim?

Steve M.,

Problem is, the source of some of that "evidence" is the KGB.

Regarding your question about Azcue, have you read any of my many, many posts here and at the EF and on my sorely neglected (by me) Google page "Jumbo Duh Is Full Of Beans" ..... on Aleksei Kulak (FBI's FEDORA), Oleg Brykin, Guenter Schulz (FBI's TUMBLEWEED), Valiery Kostikov, Ivan Obyedkov, and ... "The Blond Oswald In Mexico City" (KGB Colonel Nikolai Leonov)?
If you had, highly intelligent guy that you are, you would already know the answer.
Hint:  Google "blond oswald" and leonov simultaneously, and you might even try googling byetkov and obyedkov simultaneously .

--  MWT   ;)

PS  Please bear in mind that my theory regarding these characters has been an evolving one.

PPS  Have you even read Azcue's HSCA description of the "Oswald" he dealt with?  The only thing he forgot to say was "short' (which 5' 3.5" Sylvia Duran did remember to include, btw).  LOL

https://history-matters.com/archive/jfk/hsca/reportvols/vol3/pdf/HSCA_Vol3_0918_2_Azcue.pdf

EDIT:  Funny thing, Azcue says "Oswald" was wearing a Prince of Wales suit, and in some of the clearer photos of Leonov taken while he was interpreting for Khruschev and Castro in the USSR, you can see some Prince of Wales-like stripes in his suit jacket.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 03:18:19 PM by Thomas Graves »