Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Did Oswald Go To Mexico City?  (Read 76768 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Did Oswald Go To Mexico City?
« Reply #288 on: September 11, 2019, 02:15:00 AM »
Advertisement
WCR testimony: 
HSCA testimony:   And she would say anything she could in order to get out of there and go home :-\

Marina was telling the truth....She knew that Lee was going to Mexico City in an attempt to get to Cuba...

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #288 on: September 11, 2019, 02:15:00 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #289 on: September 11, 2019, 05:15:04 AM »
Marina was telling the truth....
I couldn't disagree any more---Marina lied constantly. She was obviously compelled to. She was not a USA citizen so nobody cared. They probably even threatened to take her kids away. Marina testified about this supposed trip to Mexico--- "But, of course, I didn't tell Mrs. Paine about it."
Who can believe this absurdity!? 

Lee was going to Mexico City in an attempt to get to Cuba.

He could have gone to Cuba through Miami a lot easier...1091 miles from New Orleans-Miami-Havana instead of 2451 miles New Orleans-Mexico City-Havana. Then, no one has ever demonstrated where he had any money [of his own] to go anywhere. Was he to grow wings and fly to Cuba?
I know people think that he needed a visa. You didn't need a stinking visa. Smugglers ran boats to and from Miami all the time..probably still do.

Offline Ted Shields

« Reply #290 on: September 11, 2019, 09:46:46 AM »
I'm convinced that Lee Oswald did go to Mexico City ....  He thought that he was working for the FBI and was attempting to obtain a visa to Cuba, where he could spy on activities in Cuba.   In reality he was being set up as the scapegoat for the budding assassination plot.  Naturally, Hoover would cover up the fact that Lee had gone to MC.   You may recall that in the very early stages of the interrogation of Lee Oswald, FBI agent Hosty tried to get Lee to admit that he had been to Mexico City and had he said that someone should have shot JFK for interfering with Castro.  ( Lee knew that he'd made that crazy statement in a desperate attempt to obtain a visa from the Cuban embassy, and now JFK had been shot)   The primary concern of FBI agent Hosty during the first few minutes of the initial interrogation was his attempt to get Lee to admit being in Mexico City.   

When Hoover learned that Hosty had brought up Mexico City during the first interrogation he was furious and ordered Shanklin to yank Hosty from the interrogation...

Hoover knew that in proving that Lee had made the threat on JFK's life he would be be revealing that the FBI had a bug planted at the Cuban Embassy....And Lee might reveal that he had been sent to Mexico City on orders from Hoover ...Who Lee thought he was working for in an honest and patriotic attempt to infiltrate Cuba.

Hoover was desperate....  He needed Lee Oswald snuffed ASAP!.....

Yes Hosty bungled the interrogation just as Fritz was calming Oswald down. We may have got some answers but Oswald blew up when he finally met Hosty.

I don't believe Hoover was involved at all (sadly).

I do think Lee wanted to go to Cuba, but to join Castro. I believe Oswald was delusional - eg wanting to hijack a plane with pregnant Marina and fly to Cuba.

HSCA may have exhausted everything but did not explain much of anything. Like how Oswald was in Tennessee and Louisiana at the same time.

Well they proved Oswald was in Mexico!

He wasn't in Tennessee and Louisiana at the same time. The museum visit and the speech (actually in Alabama not Louisiana) were on different days.   

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #290 on: September 11, 2019, 09:46:46 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #291 on: September 11, 2019, 02:14:33 PM »
Yes Hosty bungled the interrogation just as Fritz was calming Oswald down. We may have got some answers but Oswald blew up when he finally met Hosty.

I don't believe Hoover was involved at all (sadly).

I do think Lee wanted to go to Cuba, but to join Castro. I believe Oswald was delusional - eg wanting to hijack a plane with pregnant Marina and fly to Cuba.

Well they proved Oswald was in Mexico!

He wasn't in Tennessee and Louisiana at the same time. The museum visit and the speech (actually in Alabama not Louisiana) were on different days.   

I do think Lee wanted to go to Cuba, but to join Castro.

"To join Castro"  Ted, we'l just have to disagree on this  point .....    I believe Lee wanted to appear as a Castro supporter so that he would be accepted in Cuba.

In reality he was working for the US government, just as he had done when he "defected" to Russia in 1959.

Offline Ted Shields

« Reply #292 on: September 11, 2019, 03:49:17 PM »
I do think Lee wanted to go to Cuba, but to join Castro.

"To join Castro"  Ted, we'l just have to disagree on this  point .....    I believe Lee wanted to appear as a Castro supporter so that he would be accepted in Cuba.

In reality he was working for the US government, just as he had done when he "defected" to Russia in 1959.

This is possible, although I don't believe it despite it being what I originally believed/assumed.

Couple of points on that.

Would the CIA send a 19 year old with a bad attitude and a history of erratic behaviour to Russia as a spy? Aside from that, is it not far to obvious? CIA/KGB plant spies stay dormant for years and years, sometimes decades. Surely sending an American ex Marine is just too obvious a move? Same reason I don't think Oswald was "turned" in Russia to work for the KGB and sent back to America.

His ease to get back is an odd one though I don't deny that.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #292 on: September 11, 2019, 03:49:17 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #293 on: September 11, 2019, 03:55:02 PM »
OK the next day. Did Oswald book tickets on a jet airlines?  From the official timeline...
July 27, 1963: LHO speaks to the Jesuit group for 30 minutes on the subject of "Contemporary Russia and the Practice of Communism".
http://jfkassassination.net/parnell/chrono.htm
OK that was in Mobile. The timeline mentions nothing about Oak Ridge. There was no mention anywhere about that. Even Richard Smith thought it might be all a big hoax and we rarely agree.
 https://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php/topic,1599.msg42014.html#msg42014
Oswald had been fired from the coffee company the week before and then goes gallivanting around the country....How?

Yes sir... odd that charges for filing a false hardship discharge request was never brought up.

Offline Denis Pointing

« Reply #294 on: September 11, 2019, 04:46:37 PM »

Not really Ted, a bit of a myth this one. Oswald was free to return to the US anytime he wanted, he'd never officially renounced his US citizenship. The only hold up was waiting for the US embassy to issue a new passport. As Oswald was still a full US citizen the US was legally obliged to issue one just as they were legally obliged to give Oswald a repatriation loan, they had no choice, the US couldn't refuse even if they wanted to. As a USSR citizen Marina was more of a problem, the USSR made her wait almost a year for the necessary documents but this was really just out of spite, the fact was that the USSR wanted rid of the "pesky American" and were glad to see the back of him. 
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 04:50:27 PM by Denis Pointing »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #294 on: September 11, 2019, 04:46:37 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #295 on: September 11, 2019, 05:04:16 PM »
This is possible, although I don't believe it despite it being what I originally believed/assumed.

Couple of points on that.

Would the CIA send a 19 year old with a bad attitude and a history of erratic behaviour to Russia as a spy? Aside from that, is it not far to obvious? CIA/KGB plant spies stay dormant for years and years, sometimes decades. Surely sending an American ex Marine is just too obvious a move? Same reason I don't think Oswald was "turned" in Russia to work for the KGB and sent back to America.

A couple of points in rebuttal and then I believe I'll take a hiatus ( Because I believe trying to advance peoples knowledge about the coup d e'tat is hopeless)

Would the CIA (The US Government) send a 19 year old with a bad attitude and a history of erratic behaviour to Russia as a spy?

The very fact that you don't believe it.... is a very strong argument that the Russians also would not believe that a kid like Lee Oswald could be a agent.

As a trained spy???.... No probably not.....But as a decoy and a distraction for Russian intel ...yes definitely.  Lee had no major mission or agenda when he was sent to Russia...  I suspect that his mission was connected to FG Powers U-2 overflight and he needed to be in position prior to the U-2 flight. 

BTW...  If Lee Oswald  truly had been a problem for the Marines they would  have discharged him during basic training, but the testing reveal that they had a highly intelligent recruit who had aspirations of becoming a spy like Herb Philbrick. They recognized that they could groom him and use him, and that's exactly what they did.   He was naturally self reliant ( some call him a loner) and was able to think of solutions to problems quickly.   I would remind you that he quickly corrected himself ( covered up a slip of the tongue) when he was debating Carlos Briniguer on the radio in New Orleans.   The Cuban revealed that Lee had defected from the US and went to live communist Russia.    Lee retorted that he was under the auspices of the US government during that period.   Then realizing that he had revealed that he had been working for the US government he quickly changed that statement saying that as an American citizen he was under the protection of the U.S.government.

With that I'll take my leave...and wish you well....