Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald in the TSBD just after the shooting  (Read 69529 times)

Offline Ray Mitcham

Re: Oswald in the TSBD just after the shooting
« Reply #328 on: February 07, 2019, 10:36:02 AM »
Advertisement
@Newbies

Ray Mitchum has accused me of not knowing that an article I posted here from The Onion was a spoof.

I maintain that I'm well aware of The Onion's reputation for satire. To prove this, I invite everyone to visit my topic from March 2018 where I posted another spoof from the Onion
https://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php/topic,346.msg8080.html#msg8080

Please scroll through my posts and notice how I'm clearly aware of the satiric intent

And to think I stood up for Mitchum once against an LNer who accused him of saying something he didn't. Oh well, what else can one expect from this lot. So much for a little largesse..

It would be nice if you could spell my name correctly. But then you aren't known for being correct, most of the time, Chapman.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 01:38:02 PM by Ray Mitcham »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #328 on: February 07, 2019, 10:36:02 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #329 on: February 07, 2019, 02:55:06 PM »
What did I say that wasn?t accurate?

Did you forget what you said

LOL.  Nothing.  That's what I figured.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #330 on: February 07, 2019, 02:59:29 PM »
Read them again and find out why you should quote directly from sources all the time

The dpdtapes pages are just somebody quoting from the police transcripts (of which there are at least three different versions).  This is no different from anybody else quoting from the police transcripts.  Or do you think being on McAdams' site confers some sort of special source status upon a quote?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #330 on: February 07, 2019, 02:59:29 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #331 on: February 07, 2019, 03:06:01 PM »
1:08   Dispatcher   Signal 26, 3909 Poinsettia. 1:08. (missing person)       
    599   10-4.       
    261 (Ptm. C.M. Barnhart)   261.       
    Dispatcher   261.       
    261   Got any clothing description yet?       
    Dispatcher   All we have is a white male, thirty, slender build, five feet ten, a hundred and sixty-five pounds, armed with a 30 caliber rifle.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #332 on: February 07, 2019, 03:50:53 PM »
1:08   Dispatcher   Signal 26, 3909 Poinsettia. 1:08. (missing person)       
    599   10-4.       
    261 (Ptm. C.M. Barnhart)   261.       
    Dispatcher   261.       
    261   Got any clothing description yet?       
    Dispatcher   All we have is a white male, thirty, slender build, five feet ten, a hundred and sixty-five pounds, armed with a 30 caliber rifle.

261---   Got any clothing description yet?       
Dispatcher---   All we have is a white male, thirty, slender build, five feet ten, a hundred and sixty-five pounds, armed with a 30 caliber rifle.

Obviously at 1:08 pm, the police were looking for a man who did not fit Lee Oswald's description and who was armed with a 30 caliber rifle

Question:... All references to the rifle quickly evaporated....  At 1:06 Luke Mooney allegedly found a couple of spent shells beneath the Smoker's Nook window in the SE corner of the sixth floor....but the CALIBER of the rifle that had fired the spent shells wasn't determined until about 1:30.   Why did the police stop broadcasting the caliber of the rifle ?    Clearly, Howard Brennan had told the cop that he saw a "HIGH POWERED" ( aka; big game hunting rifle )  being aimed from a TSBD window, and he speculated that the rifle might have been a 30.30 Winchester because he could "see all of the barrel of the gun"

It would appear that "Someone" knew that the rifle that had been planted to frame the patsy was NOT a 30 caliber rifle.....nor was it a big game hunting rifle like a 30.30 Winchester....  That "Someone" knew that the rifle that would be found at 1:22 was an old 6.5mm military rifle that could be traced to Lee Harrrrrrvey Ossssswald. 
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 03:55:02 PM by Walt Cakebread »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #332 on: February 07, 2019, 03:50:53 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #333 on: February 07, 2019, 04:42:33 PM »
Clearly, Howard Brennan had told the cop that he saw a "HIGH POWERED" ( aka; big game hunting rifle )  being aimed from a TSBD window, and he speculated that the rifle might have been a 30.30 Winchester because he could "see all of the barrel of the gun"

I don't know where they got "30 caliber rifle" from, but there's no reason to think it came from Brennan.  He's not on record as ever saying anything about a 30 caliber rifle.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #334 on: February 07, 2019, 08:25:23 PM »
I don't know where they got "30 caliber rifle" from, but there's no reason to think it came from Brennan.  He's not on record as ever saying anything about a 30 caliber rifle.

I don't know where they got "30 caliber rifle" from, but there's no reason to think it came from Brennan.

Thank you, Johnny....Nice of you to be so candid, and admit that you don't know....   That would be a big plus for you except you then attempt to hedge and claim that you do know, by saying...."but there's no reason to think it came from Brennan."   

You make yourself look stupid....because there most certainly is good reason to believe that it was Howard Brennan who initially identified the rifle as a "high powered Rifle" because Brennan was the ONLY person who talked to the police and reported that he'd seen a man aiming a HIGH POWERED rifle from a TSBD window.  And most folks who are familiar with guns will tell you the term "high powered rifle" is synonymous with the term Big game Hunting rifle.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #334 on: February 07, 2019, 08:25:23 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #335 on: February 07, 2019, 08:43:59 PM »
I don't know where they got "30 caliber rifle" from, but there's no reason to think it came from Brennan.

Thank you, Johnny....Nice of you to be so candid, and admit that you don't know....   That would be a big plus for you except you then attempt to hedge and claim that you do know, by saying...."but there's no reason to think it came from Brennan."   

You make yourself look stupid....because there most certainly is good reason to believe that it was Howard Brennan who initially identified the rifle as a "high powered Rifle" because Brennan was the ONLY person who talked to the police and reported that he'd seen a man aiming a HIGH POWERED rifle from a TSBD window.  And most folks who are familiar with guns will tell you the term "high powered rifle" is synonymous with the term Big game Hunting rifle.

Again, he's not the only person who talked to police.  I guess that will be WF #85.  Brennan either said "30 caliber rifle" or he didn't.  High powered rifle doesn't cut it.  The police didn't broadcast "high powered rifle".
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 08:46:13 PM by John Iacoletti »