Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald in the TSBD just after the shooting  (Read 70657 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: Oswald in the TSBD just after the shooting
« Reply #280 on: February 04, 2019, 05:20:39 PM »
Advertisement
Colin, you're running from the contemporary statements made by Norman, Arce and Givens which give the time as 12:15 going up to the fifth floor or do not place BRW with Norman and Jarman together on the first floor.

Can you point to any police radio broadcast of the motorcade being on Main prior to 12:15?

I don't believe that neither Belin or Ball or any other member of the counsel staff that did most of the work for the WC had any intention of anything other than getting to the truth.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 05:22:22 PM by John Iacoletti »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #280 on: February 04, 2019, 05:20:39 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #281 on: February 04, 2019, 05:36:46 PM »
Mr. BELIN. Would you describe just exactly what you saw when you saw him this last time?
Mr. BRENNAN. Well, as it appeared to me he was standing up and resting against the left window sill, with gun shouldered to his right shoulder, holding the gun with his left hand and taking positive aim and fired his last shot. As I calculate a couple of seconds. He drew the gun back from the window as though he was drawing it back to his side and maybe paused for another second as though to assure hisself that he hit his mark, and then he disappeared.
And, at the same moment, I was diving off of that firewall and to the right for bullet protection of this stone wall that is a little higher on the Houston side.
Mr. BELIN. Well, let me ask you. What kind of a gun did you see in that window?
Mr. BRENNAN. I am not an expert on guns. It was, as I could observe, some type of a high-powered rifle...???..

Mr. BELIN. At the time you saw this man on the sixth floor, how much of the man could you see?
Mr. BRENNAN. Well, I could see at one time he came to the window and he sat sideways on the window sill. That was previous to President Kennedy getting there. And I could see practically his whole body, from his hips up. But at the time that he was firing the gun, a possibility from his belt up.
Mr. BELIN. How much of the gun do you believe that you saw?
Mr. BRENNAN. I calculate 70 to 85 percent of the gun.
Mr. BELIN. Do you know what direction the gun was pointing.
Mr. BRENNAN. Yes.
Mr. BELIN. And what direction was the gun pointing when you saw it?
Mr. BRENNAN. At somewhat 30 degrees downward and west by south.
Mr. BELIN. Do you know down what street it was pointing?
Mr. BRENNAN. Yes. Down Elm Street toward the railroad underpasses...??..

Mr. BELIN. On Exhibit 481. I wonder if you would mark that with the letter "A"--if you would circle that window. And could you put an "A" on that, if you would.
Now, window A, on Exhibit 481, when you saw it, how high do you believe it was open?
Mr. BRENNAN. I believe that at the time he was firing, it was open just like this.
Mr. BELIN. Just like the windows on the fifth floor immediately below?
Mr. BRENNAN. That is right..........

The man sees Oswald with a gun taking aim, hears the shot, sees Oswald take the last shot and slowly retrieve the rifle, says that he could identify Oswald and as proof he identified both Jarman and Norman when they came down from the fifth floor and we're somehow supposed to doubt his testimony because Brennan tells McCloy that he didn't actually see the gun discharge. Category A all the way.

The man   ( Brennan)  sees Oswald with a gun taking aim, hears the shot, sees Oswald take the last shot and slowly retrieve the rifle,

Brennann said the man was dressed in light colored khaki clothing, and the trouser were a shade lighter than the shirt....A)  Brennan could not have seen the man's trousers if the man was not STANDING!....  B)   Lee Oswald didn't even own any light colored khaki clothing  and he was wearing DARK gray trousers and a reddish colored  (rust) brown shirt that morning.   

Mr. BRENNAN. Well, as it appeared to me he was standing up and resting against the left window sill, with gun shouldered to his right shoulder, holding the gun with his left hand and taking positive aim and fired his last shot. As I calculate a couple of seconds. He drew the gun back from the window as though he was drawing it back to his side and maybe paused for another second as though to assure hisself that he hit his mark, and then he disappeared.
And, at the same moment, I was diving off of that firewall and to the right for bullet protection of this stone wall that is a little higher on the Houston side.

If the man who was aiming the HUNTING RIFLE out of a sixth floor window had been behind the SE corner window....Brennan's action of diving to the east side of the wall would have been futile....because he would still have been in full view of the gunman....  Clearly Brennan saw the man behind a window to the WEST of the wall....  Just as Arnold Rowland reported.

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #282 on: February 04, 2019, 08:43:55 PM »
He either saw the shot or he didn't.  Which is it?

By the way, Brennan also claimed in his book that he saw JFK's head explode.  That's some fast reflexes there.

P.S. How do you know that Brennan "identified both Jarman and Norman when they came down from the fifth floor"?  Did he specify who was who and what window each were at?  What about Williams?  And were those guys crouched behind boxes or hanging out windows?

He only saw two men on the 5th floor.......because when he looked Williams had not arrived. Still coming down from the SN.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #282 on: February 04, 2019, 08:43:55 PM »

Offline Mark A. Oblazney

« Reply #283 on: February 04, 2019, 09:37:11 PM »
Oswald shot Kennedy...... get over it.  He also tried to shoot General Walker.  He also shot Officer Tippit.  He also tried to kill himself.  He also left his wedding ring and 170 dollars next to his wife's side table where she slept on the morning of the assassination.  He was also a total a**hole who deserved to be shot by Jack Ruby, who did the country a great service by killing the little creep.

Offline Ray Mitcham

« Reply #284 on: February 04, 2019, 10:32:06 PM »
Oswald shot Kennedy...... get over it.  He also tried to shoot General Walker.  He also shot Officer Tippit.  He also tried to kill himself.  He also left his wedding ring and 170 dollars next to his wife's side table where she slept on the morning of the assassination.  He was also a total a**hole who deserved to be shot by Jack Ruby, who did the country a great service by killing the little creep.

I bet you would have been first in the lynching squad in the old days, eh, Mark.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #284 on: February 04, 2019, 10:32:06 PM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #285 on: February 04, 2019, 11:10:33 PM »

Ruby did no service to anyone. Don't try and justify his actions as a "public service", pathetic.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #286 on: February 04, 2019, 11:35:37 PM »

Too bad you can't prove that it's actually true.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #286 on: February 04, 2019, 11:35:37 PM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #287 on: February 04, 2019, 11:55:03 PM »
For Oscar who likes to use Arce's WC testimony to show BRW was not outside the TSBD with the others before the motorcade........(not sure why, or what Oscar's argument is really but anyway)

Mr. BALL. Was Bonnie Ray Williams ever out there with you?
Mr. ARCE. No, he stayed upstairs with Hank. Junior stayed up there but he was down a little while and I guess he went upstairs.

Mr. BALL. What about Givens?
Mr. ARCE. He was down there with Shields, I guess---I mean Melvin---no, Carl, that's who he was with.

So according to Arce, Norman was not outside with Jarman. Let's move on shall we?

When did he see Jarman (and Givens).

Mr. BALL. You stood there how long before the parade came along?
Mr. ARCE. I am not too sure; it was about 10 minutes, somewhere. around there. I am not too sure about that.

So his best estimate is that he went out to stand and watch the parade at 12.20pm. He saw Jarman and Givens. Presumably he did not notice Norman, but yet another confirmation that is consistent with Jarman and Norman leaving to go up to the fifth after 12.20pm.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 12:03:58 AM by Colin Crow »