Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald in the TSBD just after the shooting  (Read 70686 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Oswald in the TSBD just after the shooting
« Reply #160 on: January 25, 2019, 10:45:10 PM »
Advertisement
Because they were scared! Would you have gone up to the floor from were there was someone with a gun that had been used to fire at the POTUS? I don't believe any one of us would be that brave. i know I wouldn't.

The thing that's frustrating for me is why none of the 3 sought to investigate the sixth floor upon hearing shots from above them.

Because they were scared!

Where did you get that idea. Oscar??....  Not one of them expressed any fear ....  They ALL displayed a curiosity and interest in the Grassy Knoll and the Railroad yard.   Which is very odd if they thought the shots had came from the sixth floor.....   Think about it... What would you have done if you had just heard rifle shots on the floor above you....  Would you have tried to hide ( The vast majority of people in a bank at the time of a armed robbery try to hide ) Or would you have acted like the three stooges .....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #160 on: January 25, 2019, 10:45:10 PM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #161 on: January 25, 2019, 10:47:21 PM »

You agree that Williams did go to the 6th floor, how about his first day statement?

He left the 6th floor ?about 10 minutes to 12? to break for lunch downstairs, ?I went backup on the 5th floor with a fellow called Hank and Junior I don?t know his last name?.

Was that essentially the same regarding his movements as those provided by Jarman and Norman before the WC testimonies?

Trying to establish common ground here. Still waiting for any response.

Offline Oscar Navarro

« Reply #162 on: January 26, 2019, 01:00:20 AM »
The thing that's frustrating for me is why none of the 3 sought to investigate the sixth floor upon hearing shots from above them.

Because they were scared!

Where did you get that idea. Oscar??....  Not one of them expressed any fear ....  They ALL displayed a curiosity and interest in the Grassy Knoll and the Railroad yard.   Which is very odd if they thought the shots had came from the sixth floor.....   Think about it... What would you have done if you had just heard rifle shots on the floor above you....  Would you have tried to hide ( The vast majority of people in a bank at the time of a armed robbery try to hide ) Or would you have acted like the three stooges .....

Something tells me that you really make stuff up as you go along.

Mr. BALL. Did you run fast towards the west?
Mr. WILLIAMS. We did. We moved rather fast. We was at a trotting pace.
Mr. DULLES. Was that to get a better view of the President's party in the car?
Mr. WILLIAMS. No, sir; I don't think--we knew the President had been shot at at that time. The car was gone, you know. It has speeded up and left. But the people, as I said before, the policemen and people were running towards the tracks. The tracks are at this side of the building. We wondered why they were running that way.
Mr. DULLES. How did you know the President was shot at this time?
Mr. WILLIAMS. We heard the shots, and we assumed somebody had shot him. And we decided to run down that way.
Representative FORD.Why didn't you go up to the sixth floor?
Mr. WILLIAMS. I really don't know. We just never did think about it. And after we had made this last stop, James Jarman said, "Maybe we better get the hell out of here." And so we just ran down to the fourth floor, and came on down. We never did think about it, going up to the sixth floor. Maybe it was just because we were frightened.

Mr. McCLOY. At the time after you heard the shots, did you have any thought that you might run upstairs and see if anybody was up there where the shots were coming from there?
Mr. NORMAN. No, sir.
Mr. McCLOY. Did you feel that it might be dangerous to go upstairs?
Mr. NORMAN. Yes, sir.

Mr. BALL. Why did you run down to that window?
Mr. NORMAN. Well, it seems as though everyone else was running towards the railroad tracks, and we ran over there. Curious to see why everybody was running that way for. I thought maybe--
Mr. BALL. Did anybody say anything about going up to the sixth floor?
Mr. NORMAN. I don't remember anyone saying about going up to the sixth floor.

Mr. BALL - What did you men do after you looked out the window toward the railroad tracks from the west window?
Mr. JARMAN - Well, after Norman had made his statement that he had heard the cartridges hit the floor and this bolt action, I told him we'd better get the hell from up here.
Mr. BALL - Did anybody suggest you go up to the sixth floor?
Mr. JARMAN - No, Sir.

The CHAIRMAN - When did you first come to the conclusion that any of the shots came from up above you?
Mr. JARMAN - After we had ran down to this last window on the west side of the building, and we was discussing it. And then after I got to thinking about all the debris on Bonnie Ray's head, and I thought about that, also. And so I told Hank, I say, "That shot probably did come from upstairs, up over us," and Hank said, "I know it did, because I could hear the action of the bolt, and I could hear the cartridges drop on the floor."
And I told him there we better get the hell from up here.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #162 on: January 26, 2019, 01:00:20 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #163 on: January 26, 2019, 01:32:43 AM »
Something tells me that you really make stuff up as you go along.

Mr. BALL. Did you run fast towards the west?
Mr. WILLIAMS. We did. We moved rather fast. We was at a trotting pace.
Mr. DULLES. Was that to get a better view of the President's party in the car?
Mr. WILLIAMS. No, sir; I don't think--we knew the President had been shot at at that time. The car was gone, you know. It has speeded up and left. But the people, as I said before, the policemen and people were running towards the tracks. The tracks are at this side of the building. We wondered why they were running that way.
Mr. DULLES. How did you know the President was shot at this time?
Mr. WILLIAMS. We heard the shots, and we assumed somebody had shot him. And we decided to run down that way.
Representative FORD.Why didn't you go up to the sixth floor?
Mr. WILLIAMS. I really don't know. We just never did think about it. And after we had made this last stop, James Jarman said, "Maybe we better get the hell out of here." And so we just ran down to the fourth floor, and came on down. We never did think about it, going up to the sixth floor. Maybe it was just because we were frightened.

Mr. McCLOY. At the time after you heard the shots, did you have any thought that you might run upstairs and see if anybody was up there where the shots were coming from there?
Mr. NORMAN. No, sir.
Mr. McCLOY. Did you feel that it might be dangerous to go upstairs?
Mr. NORMAN. Yes, sir.

Mr. BALL. Why did you run down to that window?
Mr. NORMAN. Well, it seems as though everyone else was running towards the railroad tracks, and we ran over there. Curious to see why everybody was running that way for. I thought maybe--
Mr. BALL. Did anybody say anything about going up to the sixth floor?
Mr. NORMAN. I don't remember anyone saying about going up to the sixth floor.

Mr. BALL - What did you men do after you looked out the window toward the railroad tracks from the west window?
Mr. JARMAN - Well, after Norman had made his statement that he had heard the cartridges hit the floor and this bolt action, I told him we'd better get the hell from up here.
Mr. BALL - Did anybody suggest you go up to the sixth floor?
Mr. JARMAN - No, Sir.

The CHAIRMAN - When did you first come to the conclusion that any of the shots came from up above you?
Mr. JARMAN - After we had ran down to this last window on the west side of the building, and we was discussing it. And then after I got to thinking about all the debris on Bonnie Ray's head, and I thought about that, also. And so I told Hank, I say, "That shot probably did come from upstairs, up over us," and Hank said, "I know it did, because I could hear the action of the bolt, and I could hear the cartridges drop on the floor."
And I told him there we better get the hell from up here.

You Dumbass.... They Never said anything about being afraid on November 22.... And their actions indicated curiosity not FEAR.....

Stick that WC testimony where the sun don't shine......

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #164 on: January 26, 2019, 01:36:04 AM »
Because they were scared! Would you have gone up to the floor from were there was someone with a gun that had been used to fire at the POTUS? I don't believe any one of us would be that brave. i know I wouldn't.

Fair enough. But it's a mistake to assume what any given witness would do in any circumstance.

One thing I'd like to know is at what proximity and how far the window location of the 3 'trotters' (seems more than one TSBD employee was into a trotting mode of locomotion that day ;) ) were from the stairwell.

In other words, could they be sure that the shooter wouldn't have appeared on the fifth floor looking for cover and be preparing to shoot it out? Or even just looking to hide the rifle?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 01:44:30 AM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #164 on: January 26, 2019, 01:36:04 AM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #165 on: January 26, 2019, 01:51:05 AM »
Fair enough. But it's a mistake to assume what any given witness would do in any circumstance.

One thing I'd like to know is at what proximity and how far the window location of the 3 Trotters (seems more than one TSBD employee was into such a mode of locomotion that day ;) ) from the stairwell.

In other words, could they be sure that the shooter wouldn't have appeared on the fifth floor looking for cover and be preparing to shoot it out? Or even just looking to hide the rifle?

That was my point before Bill. I think they are in a perfectly understandable position shortly after the shots overhead. I would be trying to be in a hiding position but not farthest from the means of escape downstairs.....to me this is the SW corner behind boxes. Williams even saw Baker arrive but said nothing....was he scared the cops would shoot first and ask questions later if he called out? Might be best for him to let Baker go up....then shortly after the boys could decend. Note by this time the west elevator had also descended after the shots. They claimed to note nothing of the elevator moving but one statement by Williams stated he thought the "cops" had used the elevator when they appeared.

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #166 on: January 26, 2019, 05:32:23 AM »
OK, substitute West with North. Doesn't change BRW access to the box from outside the SN.

So when Williams accessed the box......where was the assassin? Are you able to provide any idea when this might have happened? Before 12.15 or after?

What do you think or believe?

Btw...."I think"

phrase
You use 'I think' in conversations or speeches to make your statements and opinions sound less forceful, rude, or direct.

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/i-think

And. "belief"

noun

an acceptance that something exists or is true, especially one without proof.
"his belief in extraterrestrial life"

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/belief
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 05:38:49 AM by Colin Crow »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #166 on: January 26, 2019, 05:32:23 AM »

Offline Peter Kleinschmidt

« Reply #167 on: January 26, 2019, 08:31:34 AM »
I'll let the commentator address your question

That doesn't answer anything. It explains what any reasonable person sees up to the point where the film cuts-out. The question is about the film stopping and when the first shot was fired.
How many seconds was it from the point the film stopped to the first shot being fired?