Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald in the TSBD just after the shooting  (Read 69548 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Oswald in the TSBD just after the shooting
« Reply #336 on: February 07, 2019, 09:42:22 PM »
Advertisement
Again, he's not the only person who talked to police.  I guess that will be WF #85.  Brennan either said "30 caliber rifle" or he didn't.  High powered rifle doesn't cut it.  The police didn't broadcast "high powered rifle".

One of the early broadcasts on the DPD radio reveals that a cop at the scene reported that the suspect was "armed with a 30.30 Winchester or some sort of 30 caliber rifle."

In his affidavit Brennan described the rifle as a "high powered rifle"...If he had seen an old military rifle it's highly unlikely that he would have described it as a "high powered or hunting rifle.....And Brennan said that he could see "all of the barrel of the gun" ....  since only a few inches of the barrel of a carcano model 91/38 are visible it's highly unlikely that he would have said that he could see "all of the barrel"......

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #336 on: February 07, 2019, 09:42:22 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #337 on: February 07, 2019, 10:06:31 PM »
One of the early broadcasts on the DPD radio reveals that a cop at the scene reported that the suspect was "armed with a 30.30 Winchester or some sort of 30 caliber rifle."

In his affidavit Brennan described the rifle as a "high powered rifle"...If he had seen an old military rifle it's highly unlikely that he would have described it as a "high powered or hunting rifle.....And Brennan said that he could see "all of the barrel of the gun" ....  since only a few inches of the barrel of a carcano model 91/38 are visible it's highly unlikely that he would have said that he could see "all of the barrel"......

You're going off the rails.  I'm not claiming that Brennan saw a Carcano.  I'm asking you to justify why you think Brennan said "30 caliber rifle".  Or even "looked like a 30-30 rifle or some type of Winchester."  There is no record in his affidavit, testimony, or even in Brennan's big book of embellishments that says "30-30 rifle or some type of Winchester".  Neither Sawyer (who's the one who broadcasted that), or Sorrels, or anybody else is on record as saying that info came from Brennan.

Mr. BELIN. All right, now, sir; you did broadcast that description out of this
Mr. SAWYER. Yes, that's correct. That shows on the radio log. Where did you get that description
Mr. SAWYER. We are talking now about the colored man?
Mr. BELIN. No, I am talking about the one that is on Sawyer's Deposition Exhibit A, that shows you at 12:43.
Mr. SAWYER. That description came to me mainly from one witness who claimed to have seen the rifle barrel in the fifth or sixth floor of the building, and claimed to have been able to see the man up there.
Mr. BELIN. Do you know this person's name?
Mr. SAWYER. I do not.
Mr. BELIN. Do you know anything about him, what he was wearing?
Mr. SAWYER. Except that he was--I don't remember what he was wearing. I remember that he was a white man and that he wasn't young and he wasn't old. He was there. That is the only two things that I can remember about him.
Mr. BELIN. What age would you categorize as young?
Mr. SAWYER. Around 35 would be my best recollection of it, but it could be a few years either way.
Mr. BELIN. Do you remember if he was tall or short, or can't you remember anything about him?
Mr. SAWYER. I can't remember that much about him. I was real hazy about that.

You'd think that he would have remembered 44-year-old Brennan's big honkin' hard hat...

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #338 on: February 07, 2019, 11:20:04 PM »
You're going off the rails.  I'm not claiming that Brennan saw a Carcano.  I'm asking you to justify why you think Brennan said "30 caliber rifle".  Or even "looked like a 30-30 rifle or some type of Winchester."  There is no record in his affidavit, testimony, or even in Brennan's big book of embellishments that says "30-30 rifle or some type of Winchester".  Neither Sawyer (who's the one who broadcasted that), or Sorrels, or anybody else is on record as saying that info came from Brennan.

Mr. BELIN. All right, now, sir; you did broadcast that description out of this
Mr. SAWYER. Yes, that's correct. That shows on the radio log. Where did you get that description
Mr. SAWYER. We are talking now about the colored man?
Mr. BELIN. No, I am talking about the one that is on Sawyer's Deposition Exhibit A, that shows you at 12:43.
Mr. SAWYER. That description came to me mainly from one witness who claimed to have seen the rifle barrel in the fifth or sixth floor of the building, and claimed to have been able to see the man up there.
Mr. BELIN. Do you know this person's name?
Mr. SAWYER. I do not.
Mr. BELIN. Do you know anything about him, what he was wearing?
Mr. SAWYER. Except that he was--I don't remember what he was wearing. I remember that he was a white man and that he wasn't young and he wasn't old. He was there. That is the only two things that I can remember about him.
Mr. BELIN. What age would you categorize as young?
Mr. SAWYER. Around 35 would be my best recollection of it, but it could be a few years either way.
Mr. BELIN. Do you remember if he was tall or short, or can't you remember anything about him?
Mr. SAWYER. I can't remember that much about him. I was real hazy about that.

You'd think that he would have remembered 44-year-old Brennan's big honkin' hard hat...

I'm asking you to justify why you think Brennan said "30 caliber rifle".  Or even "looked like a 30-30 rifle or some type of Winchester."

Let's stick to the time period Between 12:30 and 2:30 on 11 / 22 /63 ....I don't like to present anything that the cover up committee dumped on us months later....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #338 on: February 07, 2019, 11:20:04 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #339 on: February 07, 2019, 11:34:10 PM »
I'm asking you to justify why you think Brennan said "30 caliber rifle".  Or even "looked like a 30-30 rifle or some type of Winchester."

Let's stick to the time period Between 12:30 and 2:30 on 11 / 22 /63 ....I don't like to present anything that the cover up committee dumped on us months later....

Cool.  Find any record of Brennan calling it "30-30 rifle or some type of Winchester" on 11/22.  Or even of anybody else saying that Brennan called it that.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #340 on: February 07, 2019, 11:52:48 PM »
Cool.  Find any record of Brennan calling it "30-30 rifle or some type of Winchester" on 11/22.  Or even of anybody else saying that Brennan called it that.

Where did the description come from if not Howard Brennan?    Do you think Sawyer made it up?     

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #340 on: February 07, 2019, 11:52:48 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #341 on: February 07, 2019, 11:57:13 PM »
Where did the description come from if not Howard Brennan?    Do you think Sawyer made it up?   

Good questions.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #342 on: February 08, 2019, 12:36:22 AM »
Good questions.

Is that your answer?....  Surely you're bright enough to deduce that the description of... " a 30.30 Winchester, or some type of 30 caliber rifle"  didn't just flash on the Hertz sign....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #342 on: February 08, 2019, 12:36:22 AM »

Offline Peter Kleinschmidt

« Reply #343 on: February 08, 2019, 07:36:30 AM »
Ah, the conspiracy theorist 'appeal to rebellion' fallacy
Sorry, William, I am not a conspiracy theorist. If I had to pick the one that people find to be the most entertaining,  hmmmm it would be the one you're certainly familiar with. Correct me if I am wrong, but these small-brain animals try to convince the world that some guy who has three names supposedly killed Kennedy with a gun he never had. It's actually is quite peculiar, does it ring a bell. Feel free to share your thoughts. Maybe your brother Raymond will share his thoughts too, but remember, he's very sensitive when it comes to spelling his name