Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Which Station Waggon's Featured on 11/22/63?  (Read 20387 times)

Offline Lee Wotton

Which Station Waggon's Featured on 11/22/63?
« on: January 26, 2018, 01:41:30 PM »
Advertisement
There re numerous eyewitness accounts on 11/22 plus references to station waggons on 11/22/63.  Here are some of them as I understand they were reported:

- Roger Craig stated he saw a Nash Rambler Station Waggon, with a luggage rack on the back end of the roof, on Elm Street pick up LHO and drive West in the direction of Oakcliffe and Redbird Airport.

- Oswald stated the station waggon belonged to Mrs. Paine.  Note no model quoted.  Ruth Paine owned a 1955 Chevy Belair without a luggage rack on the back end of the roof.  Ruth Paine's had a colour change after 1963.

- The DPD radio transcripts refer to a 30's station waggon and appear to mention the possibility of suspects being detained and heading downtown to the court building.

- There were a few very similar station waggons in 1961 with a 61 Nash Rambler being very similar to a 61 Mercury Colony Park Waggon.  There is a well known photo of someone getting into one of these on Elm Street that was attributed to Mary Ferrell and her husband.

- A similar station waggon is also photographed parked up on Houston prior to the motorcade passing by.  Unusually compared to the other parked cars it was facing the opposite direction and away from the TSBD.

- Clay Shaw owned a 62 Nash Rambler Ambassador station waggon with a luggage rack on the back end of the roof.

- A witness stated that LHO was seen with Jack Ruby and another man that could have been David Ferrie on 4/11/63 in Houston.  They were in a light coloured station waggon with rear roof luggage rack and wood veneer. The witness was introduced to Ruby.

What other station waggon information is out there?

Maybe the original plan was for LHO to leave the TSBD and not get in a station waggon at Elm but walk across to Houston and get in Ruth Paine's car and drive away?  But not wanting to incriminate Paine any further they planned to pick him up unannounced on Elm as he made his way across DP?

Craig definitely didn't see LHO get in Paines car.  Of all the station waggons the Chevy Belair is the most different from the Nash Rambler and it had no luggage rack.  LHO didn't state a model of station waggon he got into but if the original plan was for him to use Paines car his first reaction would be to defend Paine as she was CIA and party to the plan.  He then said very one will know who I am now confirming that his cover was blown

JFK Assassination Forum

Which Station Waggon's Featured on 11/22/63?
« on: January 26, 2018, 01:41:30 PM »

Offline Dan DAlimonte

Re: Which Station Waggon's Featured on 11/22/63?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 05:06:35 PM »

Lee

I'm just going by memory here but when Craig was or wasn't with Fritz
interrogating Oswald, Fritz mentioned the word  - car - If he left the scene in a car?
LHO then stated ... that station wagon belongs to Ruth Paine .... don't bring her into this.

Or words to that effect

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 05:22:15 PM »
Lee

I'm just going by memory here but when Craig was or wasn't with Fritz
interrogating Oswald, Fritz mentioned the word  - car - If he left the scene in a car?
LHO then stated ... that station wagon belongs to Ruth Paine .... don't bring her into this.

Or words to that effect

Fritz mentioned the word  - car - If he left the scene in a car?

That's what Roger Craig claimed ....But since Craig also claimed that he saw the words "7.65 Mauser stamped right there on the barrel"....Any thinking person would know that He couldn't possibly have seen that on the 6.5 CARCANO that was found buried beneath heavy boxes of books in the TSBD.  Since Craig very obviously lied about the marking on the rifle, I'd bet that he was lying about the exchange between Fritz and Lee Oswald.    In fact I seriously doubt that Roger Craig  was in Fritz office while Lee was being interrogated.....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 05:22:15 PM »

Offline John Anderson

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 05:58:58 PM »
How about this?....

Craig sees a station wagon and someone resembling Oswald getting in it.
So Fritz mentions a station wagon to Oswald.
Oswald thinks they refer to Paines station wagon who he knows isn't involved. Because he would know she wasn't involved.
So he defends her.

From then until he died Craig insisted it was Oswald he saw getting in the car, not just someone resembling Oswald. IT WAS OSWALD.
He also claimed he read Mauser on the rifle barrel. Not just he thought it was a Mauser HE READ IT.

So for 50 years mentalists have believed Paine was involved and the rifle was a Mauser.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2018, 06:15:02 PM »
How about this?....

Craig sees a station wagon and someone resembling Oswald getting in it.
So Fritz mentions a station wagon to Oswald.
Oswald thinks they refer to Paines station wagon who he knows isn't involved. Because he would know she wasn't involved.
So he defends her.

From then until he died Craig insisted it was Oswald he saw getting in the car, not just someone resembling Oswald. IT WAS OSWALD.
He also claimed he read Mauser on the rifle barrel. Not just he thought it was a Mauser HE READ IT.

So for 50 years mentalists have believed Paine was involved and the rifle was a Mauser.

Craig insisted it was Oswald he saw getting in the car, not just someone resembling Oswald. IT WAS OSWALD.

I believe that Lee may have got into a Rambler Station wagon and left the area in that government vehicle....But NOT simply because Craig said so.....  There are several corroborating reports from independent witnesses.....

What I'm saying is:... Craig probably did witness the young man getting into the Rambler...but his story about the exchange between Fritz and Oswald is BS. ( It's a pity that Craig destroyed his own credibility)

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2018, 06:15:02 PM »

Offline Lee Wotton

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2018, 06:22:35 PM »

Fritz mentioned the word  - car - If he left the scene in a car?

That's what Roger Craig claimed ....But since Craig also claimed that he saw the words "7.65 Mauser stamped right there on the barrel"....Any thinking person would know that He couldn't possibly have seen that on the 6.5 CARCANO that was found buried beneath heavy boxes of books in the TSBD.  Since Craig very obviously lied about the marking on the rifle, I'd bet that he was lying about the exchange between Fritz and Lee Oswald.    In fact I seriously doubt that Roger Craig  was in Fritz office while Lee was being interrogated.....

Hello Walt thank you for your post and for answering Dan's question.  However, i've read testimony from another DPD man who was with Craig in the TSBD (was it Boone?) that first identified the rifle or a rifle as a Mauser,  Boone or whoever it was used to run a gun and sporting goods shop and was confident with his identification.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2018, 06:38:40 PM »
Hello Walt thank you for your post and for answering Dan's question.  However, i've read testimony from another DPD man who was with Craig in the TSBD (was it Boone?) that first identified the rifle or a rifle as a Mauser,  Boone or whoever it was used to run a gun and sporting goods shop and was confident with his identification.

Oh Boy....Yes you're right....Seymour Weitzman DID initially believe the rifle was a Mauser.....He didn't get to examine it closely and assumed it was a mauser.....He admitted he had made a mistake.....But Roger Craig was one of those individuals who would never admit he was mistaken...and rather than admit his mistake he would elaborate and try to make his mistake more acceptable.   There is at least one member of this forum that has the Roger Craig malady.....
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 06:50:48 PM by Walt Cakebread »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2018, 06:38:40 PM »

Offline John Anderson

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2018, 07:29:16 PM »
So now we can understand why he alienated himself from his colleagues. Basically he was claiming their complicity in a cover up.