Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: We need a fresh congressional inquiry into this crime  (Read 10782 times)

Offline Martin Weidmann

Re: We need a fresh congressional inquiry into this crime
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2019, 01:39:51 AM »
Advertisement

It's no tale, Cakebread. What the heck was Saint Oswald doing on 10th and Patton 45 minutes after he shot JFK wearing a jacket and carrying his S&W 38 he picked up at the N. Beckley rooming house if not trying to flee!!!!! Trying to guess what was on Tippit's mind when he stopped Saint Oswald is a red herring  when discussing Oswald's presence at 10th and Patton. What can rationally explain Tippit's actions is that he definitely stopped LHO because he had been given a description of the suspect in the JFK shooting that closely matched Oswald. What possibly doomed Tippit was his habit of looking down when approaching a person. Should he had drawn his revolver as Baker did when he confronted Oswald at the 2nd floor lunchroom is not an unreasonable question to ask but the circumstances were not the same. Tippit confronted a possible suspect in a shooting that happened miles away. What was discussed between Tippit and Oswald while Tippit was inside the police car can only be speculated but it does appear it did cause Tippit to become suspicious but not to the degree that would lead to Tippit to draw his weapon as Baker did.

What the heck was Saint Oswald doing on 10th and Patton 45 minutes after he shot JFK wearing a jacket and carrying his S&W 38 he picked up at the N. Beckley rooming house if not trying to flee!!!!! 

Good question! If he was trying to flee he could have gotten on a bus out of town, so what was he doing on 10th/Patton?

What can rationally explain Tippit's actions is that he definitely stopped LHO because he had been given a description of the suspect in the JFK shooting that closely matched Oswald.

I have not heard such a description of the suspect in the JFK shooting on DPD radio.

What possibly doomed Tippit was his habit of looking down when approaching a person.

And you know this. how?

Tippit confronted a possible suspect in a shooting that happened miles away.

Really, so now you proclaim to know what motivated Tippit to stop his killer?

What was discussed between Tippit and Oswald while Tippit was inside the police car can only be speculated but it does appear it did cause Tippit to become suspicious but not to the degree that would lead to Tippit to draw his weapon as Baker did. 

Now you contradict yourself. Didn't you just say that Tippit stopped his killer because he matched the description of JFK's killer? Since when do police officers first have a friendly chat with a murder suspect before they get suspicious?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2019, 01:39:51 AM »

Offline Eddie Haymaker

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2019, 01:40:52 AM »

EB a credible witness specifically said so

So yeah,we do know for sure

Offline Oscar Navarro

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2019, 02:10:33 AM »
What the heck was Saint Oswald doing on 10th and Patton 45 minutes after he shot JFK wearing a jacket and carrying his S&W 38 he picked up at the N. Beckley rooming house if not trying to flee!!!!! 

Good question! If he was trying to flee he could have gotten on a bus out of town, so what was he doing on 10th/Patton?

What can rationally explain Tippit's actions is that he definitely stopped LHO because he had been given a description of the suspect in the JFK shooting that closely matched Oswald.

I have not heard such a description of the suspect in the JFK shooting on DPD radio.

What possibly doomed Tippit was his habit of looking down when approaching a person.

And you know this. how?

Tippit confronted a possible suspect in a shooting that happened miles away.

What was discussed between Tippit and Oswald while Tippit was inside the police car can only be speculated but it does appear it did cause Tippit to become suspicious but not to the degree that would lead to Tippit to draw his weapon as Baker did. 

Now you contradict yourself. Didn't you just say that Tippit stopped his killer because he matched the description of JFK's killer? Since when do police officers first have a friendly chat with a murder suspect before they get suspicious?

Trying to flee. It's possible he was on his way to a bus line that would eventually take him to Mexico.

I believe a description probably given by Brennan went out at 12:45, 12:48, and 12:55 PM

"Attention all squads, attention all squads. The suspect at Elm and Houston is reported to be an unknown white male, approximately thirty. Slender build, height five feet, ten inches. Weight one-hundred sixty five pounds. reported to be armed with what is thought to be a thirty caliber rifle. ...No further description at this time". 12:45 KKB-364  Reclaiming History, page 64.

And you know this. how?

"Tippit had a bad habit , which his fellow officers unsuccessfully tried to break him of, of never looking anyone straight in the eye, looking down or sometimes sideways when he approached a person on duty. This may have accounted for how Oswald got the jump on him". Reclaiming History, page 78 endnote.

Yep!

Tippit did more than just stop Oswald. He also got out of his cruiser. But now you're the one who's speculating about the nature of the chat.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2019, 02:10:33 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2019, 08:18:20 PM »
"Attention all squads, attention all squads. The suspect at Elm and Houston is reported to be an unknown white male, approximately thirty. Slender build, height five feet, ten inches. Weight one-hundred sixty five pounds. reported to be armed with what is thought to be a thirty caliber rifle. ...No further description at this time".

How does this "closely match Oswald"?  Or even the person who Tippit stopped (as described by the witnesses)?

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2019, 08:28:17 PM »
"Tippit had a bad habit , which his fellow officers unsuccessfully tried to break him of, of never looking anyone straight in the eye, looking down or sometimes sideways when he approached a person on duty. This may have accounted for how Oswald got the jump on him". Reclaiming History, page 78 endnote.

This is based on an HSCA interview of dispatcher Murray Jackson.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=99579#relPageId=4&tab=page

Note that this is a summary, and not a verbatim transcript.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2019, 08:28:17 PM »

Offline Martin Weidmann

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2019, 08:32:26 PM »

Trying to flee. It's possible he was on his way to a bus line that would eventually take him to Mexico.

You clearly have never been to 10th/Patton.

I believe a description probably given by Brennan went out at 12:45, 12:48, and 12:55 PM

"Attention all squads, attention all squads. The suspect at Elm and Houston is reported to be an unknown white male, approximately thirty. Slender build, height five feet, ten inches. Weight one-hundred sixty five pounds. reported to be armed with what is thought to be a thirty caliber rifle. ...No further description at this time". 12:45 KKB-364  Reclaiming History, page 64.

Already answered by John Iacoletti

And you know this. how?

Oh well, when Bugs claims it, it must be true, right?

Yep!

Amazing? now you are psychic as well?

Tippit did more than just stop Oswald. He also got out of his cruiser. But now you're the one who's speculating about the nature of the chat.

No, I am not speculating about anything. We know that the killer talked to Tippit before the latter got out of his car. Seems a very strange way for a police officer to approach a potential murder suspect who could be armed, that's all?.

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2019, 08:01:40 PM »
A response to an Oscar Navarro response to a Martin Weidmann post 

what was he doing on 10th/Patton ?
[In response to a previous post---Oscar Navarro is in the bold mine is in italics]

[ An implausible presumption. The speculated bus line to Mexico was was right where Oswald allegedly took the taxi --not in Oak Cliff]

[according to police transcript...Tippit was unresponsive and/or gone from his cruiser for phone calls at these times.]
[The description was vague..and didn't even remotely match Oswald.]
"Tippit had a bad habit , which his fellow officers unsuccessfully tried to break him of, of never looking anyone straight in the eye, looking down or sometimes sideways when he approached a person on duty. This may have accounted for how Oswald got the jump on him". Reclaiming History, page 78 
[Maybe Vince got that from reading the fictional Portrait of the Assassin]
Mrs. MARKHAM. The window was down.
Mr. BALL. It was?
Mrs. MARKHAM. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. Put his arms on the window ledge?
Mrs. MARKHAM. On the ledge of the window.
Mr. BALL. And the policeman was sitting where?
Mrs. MARKHAM. On the driver's side.
Mr. BALL. He was sitting behind the wheel?
Mrs. MARKHAM. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. Was he alone in the car?
Mrs. MARKHAM. Yes.
Mr. BALL. Then what happened?
Mrs. MARKHAM. Well, I didn't think nothing about it; you know, the police are nice and friendly, and I thought friendly conversation. Well, I looked, and there were cars coming, so I had to wait. Well, in a few minutes this man made-- Mrs. MARKHAM. The policeman calmly opened the car door, very slowly, wasn't angry or nothing, he calmly crawled out of this car, and I still just thought a friendly conversation, maybe disturbance in the house, I did not know; well, just as the policeman got--
Note that I did not call Oscar a liar even though his responses were inaccurate.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2019, 08:01:40 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2019, 09:08:59 PM »
A response to an Oscar Navarro response to a Martin Weidmann post 
 [In response to a previous post---Oscar Navarro is in the bold mine is in italics]
[ An implausible presumption. The speculated bus line to Mexico was was right where Oswald allegedly took the taxi --not in Oak Cliff
[according to police transcript...Tippit was unresponsive and/or gone from his cruiser for phone calls at these times.]Maybe Vince got that from reading the fictional Portrait of the Assassin
[The description was vague..and didn't even remotely match Oswald.][?] Tippit did more than just stop Oswald. He also got out of his cruiser. But now you're the one who's speculating about the nature of the chat. Note that I did not call Oscar a liar even though his responses were inaccurate.

"Maybe Vince got that from reading the fictional Portrait of the Assassin"

Nah. Possibly from RC Nelson, Tippit's partner
Maybe do some research instead of trying to be witty. You're just not good at it.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 09:11:59 PM by Bill Chapman »