Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Magic Bullet - Fact or Fiction?  (Read 24708 times)

Offline Jerry Freeman

Re: The Magic Bullet - Fact or Fiction?
« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2019, 06:23:51 PM »
Advertisement
  CE399 wasn't worshiped. It just was. It exists. It is evidence that fits very well with the Single Bullet Theory.
It just was. It exists. ---- So does BS:
"It is evidence that fits"- [Like 20 lbs of crap in a 5 lb sack]
Real evidence..testimony of a credible witness. Beginning at a line from the previous page....
we just made the turn when I heard what I thought was a [rifle] shot..I turned to my right
the rest here...  https://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh4/html/WC_Vol4_0071a.htm
It destroys the SBT. Resistance is futile

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2019, 06:23:51 PM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2019, 06:30:41 PM »
It just was. It exists. ---- So does BS:
"It is evidence that fits"- [Like 20 lbs of crap in a 5 lb sack]
Real evidence..testimony of a credible witness. Beginning at a line from the previous page....the rest here...  https://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh4/html/WC_Vol4_0071a.htm
It destroys the SBT. Resistance is futile

I'm sorry, what? You're going to have to explain to me how Connally's WC testimony destroys the SBT. Because I don't see it. In fact, I see just the opposite.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2019, 07:49:30 PM »
The central hole does not appear to be very big.  The large dent could result from the smaller projectile impacting the metal frame and spreading the metal apart.  A .45 calibre bullet is 11 mm in diameter or about 7/16 of an inch - almost half an inch.   I have a feeling that a .45 bullet striking that frame would do much more damage than that.

Here's a question: if there was an elaborate conspiracy, why would the plan be to use a handgun - and then have such a poor shooter miss by so much?

I have a feeling that a .45 bullet striking that frame would do much more damage than that.

Mr Mason...You are ill prepared to evaluate and dis cuss the dent in the chrome molding....

A 45 ACP cartridge was designed to STOP a foe or enemy...  It was NOT designed to penetrate .....the heavy ( 230 grains) soft lead bullet  traveling at subsonic velocity of 850 fps has a walloping 400 ft pounds of energy.

The cartridge was not designed to penetrate Thus it merely dented the steel molding .....

PS.... It was NOT fired from a handgun....

Nobody said anything about a hand gun.... 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2019, 07:49:30 PM »

Online Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2019, 09:00:59 PM »
I have a feeling that a .45 bullet striking that frame would do much more damage than that.

Mr Mason...You are ill prepared to evaluate and dis cuss the dent in the chrome molding....

A 45 ACP cartridge was designed to STOP a foe or enemy...  It was NOT designed to penetrate .....the heavy ( 230 grains) soft lead bullet  traveling at subsonic velocity of 850 fps has a walloping 400 ft pounds of energy.

The cartridge was not designed to penetrate Thus it merely dented the steel molding .....

PS.... It was NOT fired from a handgun....

Nobody said anything about a hand gun....
Can you provide us with the make and model of a rifle that could fire .45 calibre bullets and was made in or prior to 1963?

Online Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2019, 09:08:22 PM »
I'm sorry, what? You're going to have to explain to me how Connally's WC testimony destroys the SBT. Because I don't see it. In fact, I see just the opposite.
Connally's WC testimony conflicts with a first-shot-SBT.  Each of three independent bodies of witness evidence (1. that JFK reacted to the first shot, 2. that the first shot was after z190, and 3. that the last two shots were closer together) conflict with anything other than a first-shot-SBT.  So, in that sense, Connally's WC testimony, if correct, would rule out the SBT.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2019, 09:08:22 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2019, 11:03:56 PM »
Can you provide us with the make and model of a rifle that could fire .45 calibre bullets and was made in or prior to 1963?

I'm glad you asked....The CIA had constructed shoulder fired assassination rifles which were equipped with silencers.
They used the 30 caliber carbine and re-barreled it to fire the 45 acp cartridge Thus they had a powerful short rang weapon that made no noise when fired.   ( Those who fired the silenced carbine said that the only sound audible was the click of the bolt as it operated.   There was a good write up on this carbine in a gun magazine many years ago....

Offline Eddie Haymaker

« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2019, 11:35:48 PM »
There is also such a word as umpteenth and that's how many magic bullet threads that have been posted on this forum in the past year. Why start another one? It has always managed to be challenged.

Why post on a thread?

just to complain about the thread you are posting on?

This never fails to amaze me

??? ??? ???

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2019, 11:35:48 PM »

Online Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2019, 01:01:19 AM »
I'm glad you asked....The CIA had constructed shoulder fired assassination rifles which were equipped with silencers.
They used the 30 caliber carbine and re-barreled it to fire the 45 acp cartridge Thus they had a powerful short rang weapon that made no noise when fired.   ( Those who fired the silenced carbine said that the only sound audible was the click of the bolt as it operated.   There was a good write up on this carbine in a gun magazine many years ago....
Anyone can make stuff like that up. What is your source for the existence of such a rifle? And where can we find one?

.45 calibre is awfully big for a rifle - almost 2x the diameter of the 6.5 mm - 4x the cross-sectional area.  Stability would be a huge problem unless the bullet length increases substantially. But that increases bullet mass and therefore the amount of energy required, so it needs proportionately more powder.  But that is not all. Air resistance increases a the square of the diameter too, which increases the stability forces required. So spin rate has to be even higher to maintain accuracy. But to get a high spin rate it has to traverse the barrel faster.  If you shorten the barrel you have to increase the speed even more.  So I would be very surprised if anyone made such a rifle because it would have so many problems with accuracy.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 01:34:21 AM by Andrew Mason »