Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Magic Bullet - Fact or Fiction?  (Read 24688 times)

Offline Eddie Haymaker

Re: The Magic Bullet - Fact or Fiction?
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2019, 01:56:15 AM »
Advertisement
A direct strike by a intact bullet traveling at near muzzle velocity would have done much more damage to that chrome piece. Nobody familiar with rifles would think that it was a direct strike from a bullet.

near muzzle velocity?
like point blank?
Do you have a clue what you are talking about?
So what was that strike then?
perhaps a bumblebee on amphetamines?

It could happen!

hey sorry bud no offence but

unchallengeable
/ʌnˈtʃalɪn(d)ʒəb(ə)l/Submit
adjective
not able to be disputed, opposed, or defeated.
"the unchallengeable truth of these basic facts"

its a word

Scrabble anyone?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 02:00:52 AM by Eddie Haymaker »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2019, 01:56:15 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2019, 03:32:37 AM »
There is also such a word as umpteenth and that's how many magic bullet threads that have been posted on this forum in the past year. Why start another one? It has always managed to be challenged. 

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2019, 04:33:43 AM »
And the difference is....? 

The difference is that the Magic bullet Theory has the bullet zig zagging in mid air, stopping in midair, and moving up and down between the sniper's nest and the entry point on Connally's back. The Single Bullet Theory has none of that. It has the bullet traveling in a straight line trajectory from the sniper's nest, through Kennedy's neck, and then to the entry point on Connally's back.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2019, 04:33:43 AM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2019, 04:36:10 AM »

So what was that strike then?

What part of  "A fragment from the head shot" don't you understand?

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2019, 05:00:26 AM »
The Single Bullet Theory...
But it is still just a theory...a could have been. There could have been other shots from other shooters...also a theory. Neither theory was really explored much it seems. CE 399 was worshiped as the one true explanation of everything and so the story ends.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2019, 05:00:26 AM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2019, 05:07:32 AM »
But it is still just a theory...a could have been. There could have been other shots from other shooters...also a theory. Neither theory was really explored much it seems. CE 399 was worshiped as the one true explanation of everything and so the story ends.

The "other shots from other shooters" theory has no support. There's no evidence for it and it doesn't stand up at all under any scrutiny. CE399 wasn't worshiped. It just was. It exists. It is evidence that fits very well with the Single Bullet Theory.

Offline Jack Trojan

« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2019, 09:00:36 AM »
The "other shots from other shooters" theory has no support. There's no evidence for it and it doesn't stand up at all under any scrutiny. CE399 wasn't worshiped. It just was. It exists. It is evidence that fits very well with the Single Bullet Theory.

How come there was no DNA on the MB?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2019, 09:00:36 AM »

Online Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2019, 05:32:24 PM »
Well, here are some witnesses on the north Elm sidewalk near the Stemmons sign.

"The motorcade had just passed me when I heard something that
     I thought was a firecracker at first, and the President had just
     passed me, because after he had just passed, there was a loud report,
     it just scared me, and I noticed that the President jumped, he sort
     of ducked his head down, and I thought at the time that it probably
     scared him too, just like it did me, because he flinched like he jumped.
     I saw him put his elbows like this, with his hands on his chest."
          -- Jean Newman

Newman is a two-shot witness. She's described the jump-and-duck shot occurring when "the motorcade had just passed" and before the head shot. Her Nov 24th affidavit states: "A car carrying the President and another person had just passed her when she heard a report and saw the President jump. raising his hands to his chest area."
She was a two shot witness in the sense that she could recall only two shots for sure.  She did say to the FBI that she could not be sure that there were not additional shots.

In any event, she is still a "JFK reacted to the first shot" witness.  Your speculation that the first shot did not register with her is not evidence. Your premise that someone can hear an ear-shattering noise and then another a few seconds later and forget that they heard the first one is, on its face, a bit absurd.  You would need some empirical evidence that this can and does occur often in humans. 

The motorcade (ie: limousine) was still in front of Newman at Z195. Much of the front of the car was pass her position by Z223.
As far as I can determine, Jean Newman was the woman to the left of the space and to the right of the man with the black hat (Ernie Brandt) in between the lamppost and the Thornton sign. She was opposite the President at about z197.  Newman said that the first shot occurred as the motorcade had just passed her.  That puts the first shot in the same place that dozens of others put it.  In fact, not a single witness puts the shot anywhere near z160 where you put it and others definitively put it much later (for example: Hughes stopped filming about z187 and said he stopped before it; Betzner said it was after his z186 photo; motorcade witnesses said the VP car had just finished its turn and the VP security car was almost finished its turn - both are still turning at z191).
In a letter written Nov. 22, 1963, June Dishong wrote: "here come the president and his wife?His arm in the air waving?He drops his arm as they go by, possibly 20 feet. Suddenly--a sound.  Gun shots? So hard to tell above the clamor of the crowd. The president bent forward into his wife?s lap as his arm slipped off the side of the car."

The President drops his right arm as he goes behind the sign, which is after your Z195 shot.
And where do you see that occur before z206?  His arm appears to have dropped slightly by z206 from its highest position at z193.

A Z150s first shot would be lost in memory ("So hard to tell above the clamor of the crowd").
A "horrible ear-shattering noise" was forgotten within 3 seconds? What on earth are you basing that on? This is not only speculation, it is speculation that is contrary to normal human experience.  People observe/hear things and just because they don't understand immediately what caused it doesn't mean it vanishes from their consciousness.

A Z195 shot would have occurred before he lowered his arm and was so near to Dishing, I doubt it would be lost to "the clamor of the crowd". Dishong recalls him reacting after he lowered his arm and when he was near to her. This is more supportive of a shot heard at Z223 than Z195.
June Dishong was about 4-5 feet from Jean Newman - a one-person space plus one person between them, which puts the President directly opposite her at about z200.

She did not give a statement to the FBI but she did write out a vivid description of the events - undated but apparently written shortly after the events.  It came to light only after her death in 1998.  You have given part of what she said but here is a bit more to provide context:

Quote from: June Dishong handwritten statement
A pink suit. Pill box hat to match. Black hair just as we had seen them so many times on T.V. - it was beautiful.

He drops his arm as they go by - possibly 20 feet. Suddenly - a sound. Gun shots? So hard to tell above the clamor of the crowd.

The President bent forward into his wife?s lap as his arm slipped off the side of the car. Jackey circled him with her arm. Another shot. Panic among the people. Woman with children. Parents pushing them to the ground. No one knows where the shots are coming from.

(page 7)

A cry. The President has been shot.

A third shot. People scatter.
The source is from a post by Don Roberdeau who is pretty reliable.

Karen Westbrook said the first shot occurred as the President waved towards them ("She was leaning over the President and pulling her hair out of her eyes as they were waving to us. And that is the image that I remember when the first shot was fired..."). We have to assume it was only the President waving and that Westbrook misinterpreted Jackie doing something with her hair; that's what the Zapruder film suggests as the car approached Westbrook).

The President is turned her way and about to wave by Z160 (roughly a quarter-second after a late-Z150s shot). By Z195, Westbrook can't see Mrs. Kennedy and the President isn't looking her way.

"
After the first shot was fired I saw the President's hands gradually come up".

Between Z162 and Z193, the President's right hand gradually raises up fairly high ("I thought he was going to hold up his hands and say 'Ah, you got me.'")
?? That's your take?  He was smiling and waving - hardly looking like he had been shot!! Westbrook was to the immediate left of June Dishong so she was opposite JFK around z198-200.