Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Green Beans, Peas and Inverted Carets  (Read 24191 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Green Beans, Peas and Inverted Carets
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2018, 04:17:05 PM »
Advertisement
Walt,

I'm sorry, but yes it did. the Irving St. address was the first rattle out of the box when Truly gave it to Fritz at the TSBD, before Oswald had even been arrested.

Steve Thomas

Truly gave it to Fritz at the TSBD, before Oswald had even been arrested.

I don't believe the Irving address of 2515 W 5th,  came up during the first interrogation......  That address is not mentioned in the FBI reports of Hosty, Bookhout or Clements for 11/22/63.

I'm not saying that Fritz didn't know that address after Truly gave it to him at the TSBD .....  I'm saying the address was not mentioned during the interrogation.. so how did Hosty know the addresses BEFORE the interrogation.  We know he knew the Irving street address....but he denied that he knew the rooming house address.....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2018, 04:17:05 PM »

Offline Ray Mitcham

« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2018, 04:54:51 PM »
It sure looks like an ampersand symbol, but it still looks nothing like the very obvious ampersand symbol Hosty used on the 2nd page.

Again, Bill, why do you believe Hosty would use an " inverted caret" mistakenly?

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2018, 05:13:52 PM »
Walt,

I'm sorry, but yes it did. the Irving St. address was the first rattle out of the box when Truly gave it to Fritz at the TSBD, before Oswald had even been arrested.

Steve Thomas

Hi Steve...Have you noticed that you and Joe idiot are using the same avatar.....  Perhaps you would like to change your avatar ......Though I doubt anybody would confuse you with a prevaricator.   

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2018, 05:13:52 PM »

Offline Steve Thomas

« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2018, 05:15:09 PM »
Truly gave it to Fritz at the TSBD, before Oswald had even been arrested.

I don't believe the Irving address of 2515 W 5th,  came up during the first interrogation......  That address is not mentioned in the FBI reports of Hosty, Bookhout or Clements for 11/22/63.

I'm not saying that Fritz didn't know that address after Truly gave it to him at the TSBD .....  I'm saying the address was not mentioned during the interrogation.. so how did Hosty know the addresses BEFORE the interrogation.  We know he knew the Irving street address....but he denied that he knew the rooming house address.....

Walt, you're absolutely right. The Irving address didn't come up in the first interrogation Hosty sat in on.
Fritz had already dispatched Police Detectives, Adamcik (7H202), Rose (7H227) and Stovall (7H186) to that address at 2:30.
Adamcik, Rose, and Stovall are unanimous in saying that when they arrived at this address, they had to wait for 35-40 minutes for the Deputy Sheriffs to arrive since Irving was outside their jurisdiction. Not only that, but Fritz was supposedly so hot to trot, that he sent them out there, that according to Adamcik, without a search warrant.

W.E. Potts, B.L. Senkel and Lt. E.L. Cunningham were dispatched to 1026 N. Beckley. at 2:40.

Hosty didn't arrive until 3:15.

What I have never understood is why Fritz didn't send Detectives to the Irving St. address right then and there at the TSBD.
The President has been shot. You've just found out that you have a man missing, and that he has an address in Irving. Why didn't he immediately send Detectives out there right then and there? Why wait? And what was that little side visit to Decker on the way back to Headquarters all about?

I agree. Hosty should have had the Beckley St. address long ago, but whether he did or not is something I've never been able to answer to my satisfaction. Ruth Paine gave him a number where Oswald could be reached back on November 5th. When the Sheriff's Deputies arrived at the Irving St. address, it took them like five minutes to call back to the Sheriff's Department and ask them to criss-cross the number. Why hadn't Hosty done that two weeks ago? Or did he, and we just don't know about it?

Steve Thomas

Offline Steve Thomas

« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2018, 05:22:43 PM »
Perhaps you would like to change your avatar ......

Walt,

Thanks. I thought I had a limited number to choose from. I turned that off. I don't like the avatar thingy anyway.

Steve Thomas

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2018, 05:22:43 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2018, 05:46:50 PM »
Walt, you're absolutely right. The Irving address didn't come up in the first interrogation Hosty sat in on.
Fritz had already dispatched Police Detectives, Adamcik (7H202), Rose (7H227) and Stovall (7H186) to that address at 2:30.
Adamcik, Rose, and Stovall are unanimous in saying that when they arrived at this address, they had to wait for 35-40 minutes for the Deputy Sheriffs to arrive since Irving was outside their jurisdiction. Not only that, but Fritz was supposedly so hot to trot, that he sent them out there, that according to Adamcik, without a search warrant.

W.E. Potts, B.L. Senkel and Lt. E.L. Cunningham were dispatched to 1026 N. Beckley. at 2:40.

Hosty didn't arrive until 3:15.

What I have never understood is why Fritz didn't send Detectives to the Irving St. address right then and there at the TSBD.
The President has been shot. You've just found out that you have a man missing, and that he has an address in Irving. Why didn't he immediately send Detectives out there right then and there? Why wait? And what was that little side visit to Decker on the way back to Headquarters all about?

I agree. Hosty should have had the Beckley St. address long ago, but whether he did or not is something I've never been able to answer to my satisfaction. Ruth Paine gave him a number where Oswald could be reached back on November 5th. When the Sheriff's Deputies arrived at the Irving St. address, it took them like five minutes to call back to the Sheriff's Department and ask them to criss-cross the number. Why hadn't Hosty done that two weeks ago? Or did he, and we just don't know about it?

Steve Thomas

Or did he, and we just don't know about it?

I suspect that Hosty DID know that Lee had a room at 1026 N. Beckley.....  But he denied that he knew where the rooming house was located.   We can speculate about why Hosty would have claimed that he didn't know where the rooming house was located......  But It's pretty obvious that he DID know where Lee was living.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2018, 09:48:02 PM »
Walt,

Thanks. I thought I had a limited number to choose from. I turned that off. I don't like the avatar thingy anyway.

Steve Thomas

Under avatar identifier.... "faces"....Lurker...   or... The Statistician.... would fit and make your posts easy to find.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2018, 09:48:02 PM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2018, 09:51:01 PM »
Again, Bill, why do you believe Hosty would use an " inverted caret" mistakenly?

Long ago (LOL), back when I believed the character was an inverted caret, I wouldn't have been able to state why Hosty would have used the character improperly.  In the version of the note that I was using, the symbol did not look like an ampersand at all.  The symbol simply read "v" (the inverted caret).  Now that better (more high resolution) copies of the Hosty notes have been posted, I can accept that I was wrong and that the symbol is an ampersand logo.  The ampersand on the first page of the notes looks nothing like the most definite ampersand on the second page, however.

But, to answer your question directly, if I believed the character was an inverted caret, I still would not be able to explain why Hosty used in incorrectly.  Perhaps, like you yourself suggest, Hosty wasn't familiar enough with the inverted caret to use it in the correct manner.